GDT: Game #21: Sharks at Blackhawks (4:00pm)

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
I am guessing from your previous posts, that you place a very strong emphasis on the coach/coaching.
I do. It is directly systems played rather than coaching, but it is usually the coach who is responsible for systems. Enough has come out about the Sharks that the coaches should assume about 80-90% of responsibility for systems with the rest of the responsibility attributed to personnel (coach adapts system to specific player skills).

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Honestly, I think we would have to get lucky and have someone else take Chicago out if we want to win the Cup.

Came close to that last year if the Red Wings would have eliminated the Hawks, but that is probably not a good strategy. Better to be able to beat the Hawks more than 50% in the regular season, including a win at United Center.

We were two points away, one win instead of one loss, from home ice against the Kings last year. That made the difference between being eliminated or going onto the next round (that and NHL Department of Player Safety).

This Hawks game will be one of those one win games that wasn't when we count home ice advantage this year.

What makes the loss hard to swallow was the mental errors that lead to the first 3 Hawks goals, and not physical errors due to road fatigue that everyone is gracefully blaming.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
We were two points away, one win instead of one loss, from home ice against the Kings last year. That made the difference between being eliminated or going onto the next round (that and NHL Department of Player Safety).

Doesn't work that way though. 2 more points would have either kept the Sharks in 6th (less regulation wins), or if they won game 48, they would have been going against St. Louis instead of Vancouver. Who knows what would have happened then.

Last edited:

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
Doesn't work that way though. 2 more points would have either kept the Sharks in 6th (less regulation wins), or if they won game 82, they would have been going against St. Louis instead of Vancouver. Who knows what would have happened then.

Yep.

If we'd drawn the Blues in the first round, I don't think we even make it to second round.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What makes the loss hard to swallow was the mental errors that lead to the first 3 Hawks goals, and not physical errors due to road fatigue that everyone is gracefully blaming.

Road travel does fatigue you mentally as well...it's not just physical fatigue that happens with lots of traveling in a short amount of time.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Kinda like driving for 6 hours...ugh

And you drive those extended lengths getting to your destination in the wee hours of the morning throwing a lot of things off on your normal routine. This is especially difficult for players that are a lot more disciplined to a certain routine.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
TMac said:
That was a taxing trail that we blazed,” McLellan said. “We didn’t skate for two days, we thought that was the important and right thing to do for our team. One day of skating beneath our belts, we’ll see if we’re fresh and can skate and have good legs, or if we’re rusty because we didn’t skate for two days. The batteries should be recharged. It’s whether we’re sharp and alert.”

I rest my case. :sarcasm:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks...milarities-and-getting-back-on-track-at-home/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad