GDT: Game 21: Ottawa Senators @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Need to get our mojo back

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Agree, I miss being a hard working team...
The trap is that hustle is either habitual or not. A team that doesn't get used to hustling isn't going to hustle in the playoffs either. Watching Boston, those guys hustle their ass off for 60 minutes. The VGK, well, we're lucky to watch a cumulative 10 minutes of, to quote Office Space, "real actual work".

Will Carrier!

Reactions: hangman005

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
The silver lining in the dark cloud is that by the time the VGK make it to the third period they are still quite fresh. As if the first 40 minutes were just an extended warm-up, really.

• Haha
Reactions: hangman005

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If Karlsson can find the confidence to consistently choose to shoot, he may be able to have a renaissance. Good things often happen when he does, it's just been so hard for him to go against such strong instincts not to.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
If Karlsson can find the confidence to consistently choose to shoot, he may be able to have a renaissance. Good things often happen when he does, it's just been so hard for him to go against such strong instincts not to.
I don’t think it’s that simple. He has lethal accuracy off the rush but his slow release and somewhat weak shot get exposed in situations without momentum. He’s not the guy I want shooting unless he’s already carrying the puck with momentum than yes more often. Sadly rush opportunities have been nonexistent for Karlsson lately. Maybe because he’s busy fulfilling Cassidy’s defensive responsibilities.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
I don’t think it’s that simple. He has lethal accuracy off the rush but his slow release and somewhat weak shot get exposed in situations without momentum. He’s not the guy I want shooting unless he’s already carrying the puck with momentum than yes more often. Sadly rush opportunities have been nonexistent for Karlsson lately. Maybe because he’s busy fulfilling Cassidy’s defensive responsibilities.
Seems, to me at least, to be a combination of things, including that Karlsson is having to fit into Cassidy's system, which he seems to be working hard to do. But he's also not the scoring star of past years, and so he's going through an emotional adjustment as well and that's where the confidence issue comes in. Or to look at it another way, not only does Karlsson have to stay on Cassidy's shorter leash, but at the same time he's now got to watch Eichel do most of the interviews. Hopefully he will overcome.

Reactions: RapidKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad