GDT: Game 21: Montreal Canadiens vs Chicago Blackhawks 11/25/22 2:00pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN 690- Early Black Friday Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Not sure why I got a soft spot for Monty. Seems like a human teddy bear. I want him to succeed really badly.

For me, just the fact that he survived last season shitshow without moving to Zimbabwe or trying to reinvent himself as a wedding singer, only to come back strong and confident like that, it almost deserves the Masterton.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
So it's not a holiday in Canada then,so why the f*** did the NHL schedule so many Canadian teams in the afternoon,what a friking insult to their respective teams home base.Such a bush-league move.
Every single CDN team playing is the visitor, do other teams complain when Habs put Sat afternoon games on Super Bowl weekend?

The home team has the right to set the schedule per their unique market needs

Reactions: Sterling Archer

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So it's not a holiday in Canada then,so why the f*** did the NHL schedule so many Canadian teams in the afternoon,what a friking insult to their respective teams home base.Such a bush-league move.

5 of 7 Canadian teams are playing today, and only Winnipeg is playing at night, 8:30 pm.

Montreal, Toronto, Calgary are all at 2 pm est.
Ottawa 3 pm.

f***ing ridiculous.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Hopefully, Monty gets the start and can we call up someone from Laval to replace Pezzetta, please?

Hoffman isn't on IR, so he's on roster still. No room. Maybe he plays today? They can retro him the days missed as IR time, but by Tuesday it'll almost be a week anyway. Weird that they didn't call someone up for this 2 game trip.

The Hoff must be game time decision.

Reactions: Runner77

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014
Screenshot 2022-11-25 094752.png

I don't know guys, how do I travel back in time to yesterday? :D

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I'm curious how Ylonen would do with quality line-mates.
The problem is Ylonen isn't cracking the top 6. Plus, his compete level is usually crap. A few good shifts here and there, then he disappears. He's very inconsistent. Just like all our Finns in the past few years, they always leave you wanting more (except Leks in the playoffs of course)

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
For me, just the fact that he survived last season shitshow without moving to Zimbabwe or trying to reinvent himself as a wedding singer, only to come back strong and confident like that, it almost deserves the Masterton.
I've been saying that he's a good goaltender almost since he arrived. Sure he let in some bad ones early on, but once he settled in, you could tell he changed gears and was more confident and had way better positioning.

Too many "Montemblow " people on this board!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Hoffman isn't on IR, so he's on roster still. No room. Maybe he plays today? They can retro him the days missed as IR time, but by Tuesday it'll almost be a week anyway. Weird that they didn't call someone up for this 2 game trip.

The Hoff must be game time decision.
Send Pezzetta down, I don't care... The guy is pretty useless on a fourth line that has skilled players on it and not energy/bruiser players.

Hopefully, as you said Hoff is close to a comeback...

Who would've thought that we would want Hoffman back in the lineup asap. :laugh:

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
The problem is Ylonen isn't cracking the top 6. Plus, his compete level is usually crap. A few good shifts here and there, then he disappears. He's very inconsistent. Just like all our Finns in the past few years, they always leave you wanting more (except Leks in the playoffs of course)
Hence why curious. The AHl is crap and at least could see what he does,it's not like all the players are playing stellar hockey anyways.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Most people don't work weekends huge difference.
Expos used to play in the afternoon on St Jean Baptiste & along w Blow Jays played Canada Day afternoon, there was never any whining about “insulting home team bases” for the American past time..

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'm curious how Ylonen would do with quality line-mates.

If they really go by merit, the one called up should be Richard or Simoneau.

Slafkovsky with Simoneau would be funny...

Pacioretty and DD flashbacks :laugh:

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Expos used to play in the afternoon on St Jean Baptiste & along w Blow Jays played Canada Day afternoon, there was never any whining about “insulting home team bases” for the American past time..
Wow! with a reach like that you must be able to touch the moon.lol.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
According to Renaud Lavoie, Jared Tinordi has been transformed by Luke Richardson and has the best time of his career with the Hawks. I always thought the big lug could have been useful if handled properly.

Reactions: Tyson

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I have said it on several occasions that Ylonen's game is better suited for the NHL. He is one of those players who needs equally skilled guys to play with. Elite skater with a great shot.
Yup! thought that as well. No harm in trying. Dach has been putting up more points since playing with Nick and Cole.

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad