Game #21: KINGS @ RANGERS, 11/17/’13 - Regulation SHUT OUT 1-0 Victory !!!

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Remember all the times Greene got injured but just played through it, or missed only like half the time he was expected to. The guy is a warrior and i just guess all of that took its toll in the end

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
The top teams in our conference all have over 10 goals more than us. There's a big separation between the big dogs and us. There should be warning bells ringing, not "winning is awesome" type feeling.

And yet we are still a +12 and 8 games over .500. It doesn't matter how you win or by how much as long as you win on the scoreboard. We are getting scoring chances and good shots they just aren't going in. If we weren't then it MIGHT be time to be worried but as long as that's happening they will eventually go in. Even at this point of the season an increase in shooting percentage of 1% is 7 goals and right now we are .78% below league average. And that basically erases your 10 goals right there.

Captain Mittens*

. The top teams in our conference all have over 10 goals more than us. There's a big separation between the big dogs and us. There should be warning bells ringing, not "winning is awesome" type feeling.

Like the year we won the cup and we finished the season 2nd to last in goals scored?

Our game is to bore to death with the quantum theories of Niels Henrik David Bohr and punish them like wild boars and then bore a hole in their defense and then re-enact the Boer war.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Wondering how much Greene will be commanding as a pending UFA. I hope he is retained but not at an astronomical cost, especially given his brush with injuries over the past two years. But he's been too important of a piece on the blueline and has been the team's most physical defender since he donned a Kings jersey.

Captain Mittens*

Wondering how much Greene will be commanding as a pending UFA. I hope he is retained but not at an astronomical cost, especially given his brush with injuries over the past two years. But he's been too important of a piece on the blueline and has been the team's most physical defender since he donned a Kings jersey.

I would say between 3.5-4 mil

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Like the year we won the cup and we finished the season 2nd to last in goals scored?

Our game is to bore to death with the quantum theories of Niels Henrik David Bohr and punish them like wild boars and then bore a hole in their defense and then re-enact the Boer war.

Hahahaha, that is a perfect description of the Kings' game. It takes a nuclear physicist to solve them.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
How about that Scrivens guy.

2mdgxag.jpg

Captain Mittens*

That's what I'm afraid he will seek and likely get considering what other similar players like Komisarek and Gleason signed for when they were UFAs.

Me too. I was basing my prognostication on Brown signing for more than we expected and then factoring in Mitchell, Regher, and what Theodore Roosevelt would ask for. Greene is younger than the above three and brings intangibles.

Lucky, the cap is expected to go up.....

I read a figure this morning that they are expecting 1-2 billion in revenue from the stadium series games. We might see the cap go WAY up next year

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Me too. I was basing my prognostication on Brown signing for more than we expected and then factoring in Mitchell, Regher, and what Theodore Roosevelt would ask for. Greene is younger than the above three and brings intangibles.

Lucky, the cap is expected to go up.....

I read a figure this morning that they are expecting 1-2 billion in revenue from the stadium series games. We might see the cap go WAY up next year

I can't see that since the last full year the league was at 3.3B. So adding 1-2B just from that would be a 30%-61% increase just from them. The league getting to 4B this year which I have seen a few tweets today talking about John Collins mentioning it's a 4B league would be an increase of 21% over the last full season. And that is even a very high number considering the league has been growing at around 7% and many thought that was unsustainable.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I wouldn't want either of those on the Kings. Much of their shiny value is from playing in the east. Who would really want to go to playoff war with Moulson as the 2 left wing? Does anyone want Purcell playing on the third wing?

I'd still take Moulson back if the cost to get him wasn't through the roof, which it likely will be.

I would say between 3.5-4 mil

I hoping that his injuries woes will bite into that somewhat. I can still see him reupping with us for $3 mill-ish.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site

After we bore, we show them the door, they look at the score, they snore, then they drink some more. A lot more!

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008

Semi true
I think we were 30 and jumped up after Carter
If you look at from the time we got Carter on, i think the Kings were in the top third in scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad