Game #21: KINGS @ RANGERS, 11/17/’13 - Regulation SHUT OUT 1-0 Victory !!!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Double Trouble.

:handclap:

Texas+Flood+StevieRayVaughanTexasFlood.jpg

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Where are all the Regehr haters now? A week ago he was the worst defenseman in the NHL. With Greene out, I'd hate to think where we'd be without him...

I laughed but then I realized you were probably serious :amazed:

2 weeks ago he was the worst in the league. He's definately been able to step up his game. He is back to being physical like he needs to be.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Man love the hate from other teams too. How mad would you be watching you're team shut out by the Kings with Scrivens throwing Ninja Snow Angel moves.

Great trip... lost one point to Buffalo...

How are the Kings ranked 7th in the entire NHL and are in a wild card spot?

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Man love the hate from other teams too. How mad would you be watching you're team shut out by the Kings with Scrivens throwing Ninja Snow Angel moves.

Great trip... lost one point to Buffalo...

How are the Kings ranked 7th in the entire NHL and are in a wild card spot?

New playoff format. Though I doubt the discrepancy will maintain the level it is at, this particular scenario unveils the flaws of the new format. If you have one division with highly dominant teams, there are going to be less qualified teams, point wise, getting into the post season which the format was designed to combat.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Ranger Board was pretty respectful for the most part. Just glad we got some wins and are moving up the charts. Scrivens played well, but I wonder how well he would have played in Toronto if they had more of a D.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I love all the hate as well. Just knowing that people are writing bitter posts with beet red faces makes me laugh. The Ranger fan in the Scrivens thread is amazing. Got myself threadbanned stirring him up, lol

KingKopitar11*

The amount of hate the Kings get is amazing. I love it. Every post brings a smile to my face.

It's absolutely insane how much **** the kings get now lol. It's amazing.

I'm actually gonna make a poll to see what the general consensus thinks of our team. Do they like them or not. Just curious.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
win or not, kings have major scoring issues. in the last 2 games, the kids have done all the scoring, which means without them, we would have lost both games.

it won't take long before Sutter's system stifles them as well. What the hell is it with Kings systems? TM and DS are both running into the same issue. Yet once our players leave, they become scoring machines. I don't get that.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
New playoff format. Though I doubt the discrepancy will maintain the level it is at, this particular scenario unveils the flaws of the new format. If you have one division with highly dominant teams, there are going to be less qualified teams, point wise, getting into the post season which the format was designed to combat.

Right now the top 8 teams from the West are the 8 playoff teams from the West. Where's the flaw? The Kings would even be 7th at the moment in a 1-8 conference format.

win or not, kings have major scoring issues. in the last 2 games, the kids have done all the scoring, which means without them, we would have lost both games.

That's not really how it works. You don't know what happens later if something else doesn't happen before.

As an example, if player X doesn't hit the post, they score that goal, and win the game. Outside of OT, you can't accurately say something like that.

it won't take long before Sutter's system stifles them as well. What the hell is it with Kings systems? TM and DS are both running into the same issue. Yet once our players leave, they become scoring machines. I don't get that.

You know what the Kings have done with Sutter as their coach? Won. Quite a bit too. But as usual, they don't really win win, they just win, which isn't good enough. It's not like there's another team on the ice trying to do the same thing as the Kings.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
The Kings have a lot more pep in their step when the schedule makers don't give them 3 games in 4 nights twice in a row. I'm happy they had anything in the tank at all.

Winning on the road doesn't need to be fancy. It was the Rangers job to entertain their fans tonight.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
You know what the Kings have done with Sutter as their coach? Won. Quite a bit too. But as usual, they don't really win win, they just win, which isn't good enough. It's not like there's another team on the ice trying to do the same thing as the Kings.

Exactly. The Kings are the proverbial built for the play-offs team. When the post-season comes, the Kings don't have to adjust their game like the loser Ducks and other regular season wonders and get knocked out early. They just continue what they've been doing, which is win grind it out puck possession games with great defense and timely scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad