Post-Game Talk: Game 21 - Every time a B's player scores against the Devils an angel gets their wings - B's 5 NJ 1 F

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
They still need help at 2nd line RW, but last night I thought they played a complete game for the most part. All 4 lines looked pretty good.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Trade
Bjork - Coyle - Heinen
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner

Ritchie rotating in and out

Ideally they trade for a guy with size and skill that can use that effectively in the top 6. Unload a D-Man and if you have to overpay for someone who will fit the mold perfectly, f*** it, do it.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
So we are agreed that we now have a third line (Bjork-Coyle-Heinen) to go with the first and fourth lines. This leaves the black hole at 2RW....six years on. :facepalm:

Sweeney has to trade a defenseman (it is the only position where the Bruins have a logjam) for a 2RW- nobody in Providence seems ready to step up and Richie...well he hasn't hurt but he hasn't really helped either.
Yeah I was clamoring for people to give Ritchie a chance but really he's sometimes hot but MOSTLY cold. He needs to have an energy drink and watch 1970's hockey fights video's for 2 hours before each game. Maybe electric shock therapy?

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
They still need help at 2nd line RW, but last night I thought they played a complete game for the most part. All 4 lines looked pretty good.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Trade
Bjork - Coyle - Heinen
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner

Ritchie rotating in and out

Ideally they trade for a guy with size and skill that can use that effectively in the top 6. Unload a D-Man and if you have to overpay for someone who will fit the mold perfectly, **** it, do it.

pretty sure if we are signing Krug, Gryz will be part of a trade for that 2nd line talent we need. Id like to get Josh Anderson maybe from Columbus. Guy was a beast in the playoffs last year. If we got him, Id play him with Bergy and Marshy, and move pasta with Krejci.

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
Just watched a replay of one of Pasta's goals and it looked like he was doing the Hanz and Franz pose down, "We are going to Pump....You Up !" ....lol.....really, how awesome is that ?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah I was clamoring for people to give Ritchie a chance but really he's hot and MOSTLY cold. He needs to have an energy drink and watch 1970's hockey fights video's for 2 hours before each game. Made electric shock therapy?
Agreed, he's still hitting but they're not what i would call heavy hits by any means. When he's engaged and irritated, he looks pretty solid out there. When he's kind of just going through the motions, you hardly notice him. I still think there's room for him on the Bruins roster and i don't think "OMG HE SUCKS" everytime he doesn't score like some people, but yeah, would like to see him play a little more feisty.

I think Ritchie is a pretty underrated passer, too. He made a couple nice touch passes last night to guys who were coming into the zone.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I'm all in on him. I think he is just on a crappy team. Needs new team.

Not at all, he is soft on defense. His offense is one dimensional and his effort is suspect.

If it was injuries catching up to him he would not have the straight-line speed he does and shows a few times a game. Along the boards, he looks like he is playing not to get hurt.
I think he has given up on this team and his mind is already on where he is going next. He is protecting himself for his big UFA summer and February run at the playoffs with whomever pays the highest price for him.
Considering what Moore has alluded in comments about his attitude in the locker room....I'm turned off.

I also think Palmieri looked terrible as well. NO board work at all, just a floating opportunist.

I was specifically watching them throughout the game to see if they would help the Bruins.
I don't think either would be worth the cost to acquire.

This is from someone who desperately wants the 2nd line hole to get filled and start producing goals.

Reactions: BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
pretty sure if we are signing Krug, Gryz will be part of a trade for that 2nd line talent we need. Id like to get Josh Anderson maybe from Columbus. Guy was a beast in the playoffs last year. If we got him, Id play him with Bergy and Marshy, and move pasta with Krejci.

Anderson was terrible in the playoffs. One fo the reasons they lost. He goes for the big hit and not to break up the play. He can be baited into missing and its easy to set traps for him.

Large, has scoring ability. Hockey IQ is what I question. I don't see him as a top 6 guy in the league unless he improves.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Yeah I was clamoring for people to give Ritchie a chance but really he's sometimes hot but MOSTLY cold. He needs to have an energy drink and watch 1970's hockey fights video's for 2 hours before each game. Maybe electric shock therapy?

giphy.gif

I will use my size to hit through opponents cleanly.
I can win battles along the boards and move the puck to the open player at center.
When I am not along the boards I can put myself as a screen in front with room enough to pot in the rebound.
I have a shot that can score, I won't be afraid to use it.
I am a large, talented, NHL player who went in the first round for a good reason.

REPEAT IT AGAIN.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and Strafer

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Am I the only one (and i could be completely out to lunch here) who had no idea Par Lindholm has played 12 games? I honestly thought he played maybe 3.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Am I the only one (and i could be completely out to lunch here) who had no idea Par Lindholm has played 12 games? I honestly thought he played maybe 3.

He's just kind of a player that exists on the ice but doesn't really do anything special, apparently he has a goal but I don't recall it.

Must be doing something right if he's avoided criticism.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
He's just kind of a player that exists on the ice but doesn't really do anything special, apparently he has a goal but I don't recall it.

Must be doing something right if he's avoided criticism.

He scored in our last win vs his old team, Toronto.

If I am not mistaken he is the only playing currently in the NHL who has not been on the ice for a goal against.

Thats impressive.

Reactions: Emerz

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Ritchie is a Jimmy Hayes clone.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
When Coyle, Heinen and Bjork were skating together in the pre-season I said they looked great but needed a finisher
That's all that needs to happen. All three can score (Coyle/Bjork shoot twice as much as Heinen(!)), but Bjork could be that finisher by end of season if not sooner.

Reactions: BMC

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
If I am not mistaken [Lindholm] is the only playing currently in the NHL who has not been on the ice for a goal against.
I believe he's been on ice for 2 for, 1 against (ES). He and Heinen suppress all scoring, for and against. When one of them is on the ice both teams combined score 3.4 G/60; when neither is there is twice as much scoring, 6.9 G/60.

Season to Date - Even Strength
Player 1Player 2 TOI GF/60GA/60GFGA
w/o Par Lindholmw/o Danton Heinen 746.57 3.7 3.2 4640
w/o Par LindholmDanton Heinen 199.30 3.0 1.5 105
Par Lindholmw/o Danton Heinen 64.28 0.9 0.9 11
Par LindholmDanton Heinen 56.68 1.1 - 10
Par LindholmSubtotal 120.97 1.0 0.5 2 1
Danton HeinenSubtotal 255.98 2.6 1.2 11 5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad