Post-Game Talk: Game 21 - Every time a B's player scores against the Devils an angel gets their wings - B's 5 NJ 1 F

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Best part of this game was Subban causing 3 goals against his team, he took the penalty on Pasta then Pasta snipes his second of the game, Grizz made him look like a fool and Subban is still looking for his jock strap, then he does some kind of weird ballerina dance that screened Blackwood and Clifton ripped it home. I thought DeBrusk had a great first game back, lots of hustle and speed, he will score a lot more if he keeps that going, so yeah not trading Jake in a lateral deal for a RW or lesser player.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
A very enjoyable game and I am very happy for Gryz and Cliffy. Pasta just keeps on rolling and it is so much fun to watch. Let's hope this is the beginning of another winning streak, it was a great confidence builder. Seeing Subban get embarrassed was a bonus!

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
The B's put the hammer down, a Charlestown kid undresses Subban, the Jersey kid sends his cheering SECTIONS into a frenzy, and the Leafs are spinning out of control. Doesn't get much better, for the moment.

Bob McKenzie on TSN 1050 now:

TSN Toronto

Last edited:

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Gry with a game to shut up anyone who wants to trade him for scoring help.
Two highlight reel goals. Absolutely scores of the week material.

Subban probably jealous Schneider escaped after that game.
Didn't understand why PK threw his arms up , after Gryz juked him. It was like he was begging for a penalty to be called on Gryz.
Maybe call Gryz for illegal wheels?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Sometimes I watch PK play, and I try desperately to figure out HOW...just HOW in the hell did he ever win a Norris??
In a shortened season due to a lock out and he was pumped up big time by the Canadian media. This guy has always been super star mouth and mediocre talent.

Reactions: BMC and Krupp

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Krejci looks good on the top line. Nice to see him with high end talent.

Hopefully Sweeney realizes this and moves a few youngsters for a legit winger or 3C and move Coyle up to Krejci's RW.

Imagine if Krejci and DeBrusk had a guy who could score 25 on their right?

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Sometimes I watch PK play, and I try desperately to figure out HOW...just HOW in the hell did he ever win a Norris??

Karlsson too.

I mean, I get it, if a d-man is scoring a point a game he pretty much only needs to be adequate defensively to win the Norris --- but IIRC the year he won it, he didn't even kill penalties regularly.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So we are agreed that we now have a third line (Bjork-Coyle-Heinen) to go with the first and fourth lines. This leaves the black hole at 2RW....six years on. :facepalm:

Sweeney has to trade a defenseman (it is the only position where the Bruins have a logjam) for a 2RW- nobody in Providence seems ready to step up and Richie...well he hasn't hurt but he hasn't really helped either.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The B's put the hammer down, a Charlestown kid undresses Subban, the Jersey kid sends his cheering SECTIONS into a frenzy, and the Leafs are spinning out of control. Doesn't get much better, for the moment.

Bob McKenzie on TSN 1050 now:

TSN Toronto
well said, I have nothing to add:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad