Post-Game Talk: Game 21 - Every time a B's player scores against the Devils an angel gets their wings - B's 5 NJ 1 F

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Just watched a replay of one of Pasta's goals and it looked like he was doing the Hanz and Franz pose down, "We are going to Pump....You Up !" ....lol.....really, how awesome is that ?

I noticed that as well. Forgot about that old SNL skit

aguineapig

Ritchie was a 2nd rounder, brother Nick was 1st rounder by Ducks. He takes the body, good along the wall and makes some good plays. Has a GWG against hated Leafs. And when the Sharks went goon he answered the bell. Who were they going to sign with the cap restraint anyhow if they couldn't afford MoJo? He got flack when out of camp they sent Bjork down. Wasn't that the right move in hindsight? Bjork got his game in Provy and now we have him back. He's only signed for a year. He'll likely be gone come this time next year. Think of it this way. Would you rather have Ritchie for 1 year for 1 mil. or Wayne Simmonds for 1 year for 5 mil?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ritchie was a 2nd rounder, brother Nick was 1st rounder by Ducks. He takes the body, good along the wall and makes some good plays. Has a GWG against hated Leafs. And when the Sharks went goon he answered the bell. Who were they going to sign with the cap restraint anyhow if they couldn't afford MoJo? He got flack when out of camp they sent Bjork down. Wasn't that the right move in hindsight? Bjork got his game in Provy and now we have him back. He's only signed for a year. He'll likely be gone come this time next year. Think of it this way. Would you rather have Ritchie for 1 year for 1 mil. or Wayne Simmonds for 1 year for 5 mil?
Screw your logic.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
That's all that needs to happen. All three can score (Coyle/Bjork shoot twice as much as Heinen(!)), but Bjork could be that finisher by end of season if not sooner.

Maybe. Bjork's a good player and he's only going to get better. But he's not a proven scorer at AHL level, let alone in the NHL. Largely that's due to injuries and no fault of his, but still we just don't know what his ceiling is when it comes to potting goals. He has the tools, but execution is a different beast.

The reality is he and that whole line combination have some time, as long as they stay lucky with injuries. We're not going to trade in anyone until at least after New Year's, and in the meantime I'd leave that line together and see how it travels. If by Jan it's got some proper offensive metal going, then leave it alone and just load up Krej and Jake with a RW, if not then they can consider the options I raised in my previous post.

Either way, I sense we're getting steadily closer to having the right mix sorted for the business end of the season, and it's quite an exciting prospect.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
This is false.

Is it? Big, lumbering players who don't display any speed and who don't use their size to their advantage (i.e., they don't "play big"). They are players who show virtually no offensive touch (similar career stats too). They are also players who are largely invisible/forgettable on the ice. I see very similar, if not identical, players there.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Not really. He hit like 3 posts and Tuukka was ungodly most of that series. Robbed him at least 3 or 4 times.
Anderson would look amazing in a Bruin uniform. Plus he has a small cap hit this year

I would be totally in favor of adding him. But he was bad in that series. Spent the whole time running around trying to throw cheap shots and he kept taking himself out of the play. Might have scored if he was focused on something other than attempting headshots

Reactions: BMC

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Is it? Big, lumbering players who don't display any speed and who don't use their size to their advantage (i.e., they don't "play big"). They are players who show virtually no offensive touch (similar career stats too). They are also players who are largely invisible/forgettable on the ice. I see very similar, if not identical, players there.
Big guy, hits much harder and gets his nose much dirtier than Hayes ever did. Ritchie is insanely tough to move in front of the net, and isn't lost with his gloves off when things get a bit nasty. Jimmy Hayes was brought into Boston to contribute offensively, he didn't. Ritchie has played like 13 games as a Bruin and has the same amount of goals that Hayes did in his last 70+ as a Bruin.

He's not really anything like Hayes other than they are big.

Lets wait until the season is over to completely shit down his throat, good god. He's produced basically more than our entire 4th line with similar/less ice time and less games played.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ritchie played a good game last nite.Long as he is there when some dummy on other teams trys to goon up our stars his 1 million is worth it to me.
Me too. One dimensional teams don't last in the playoffs. If Washington or Tampa met the Bruins last playoffs it would've been the end of their run to the finals. Too many here are too quick to judge.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Drunkenfish

Oct 1, 2018
Anderson this and Anderson that. Some peoples are talking like he is the second coming of Jesus but he's just a third a third liner and the stats prove so. Are the Bruins are better with him in the line up next to Charlie, maybe? I want a real second line winger with Krecji that shoot the puck in the net. Anderson does not value the premium package the Blue Jacket want so bad fit.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ritchie is a Jimmy Hayes clone.
A bit too far. I don't remember ONE game that Hayes played and he made me glad that he was here. Ritchie, although not consistent enough yet to be thrilled about his every game, tuned up an opposing player and scored a couple of goals. He can be a difference maker, time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Estlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad