GDT: Game 21 - Columbus @ Nashville 2/27, 3 PM ET, "Boys has to wake up"

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Think about it like this...

Your house is on fire... you have 2 options.

1- do nothing and watch it burn to the ground ... and deal with the circumstances of it burning all the way down

---- OR ----

2- you put the fire out right away to minimize damage ... and save yourself some time rebuilding...

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
He can still have a graceful exit by admitting this team just does not respond to him anymore --- and that someone else deserves a shot at righting the ship.

He'll always have a legacy here for what he was able to build.

But the time has come for change.

I think these might be my thoughts. Up until now, I was inclined to play the season and make a change at the end but I can’t see any progress.

I think I need to go and check out Viqsi’s vixens.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Firing Torts isn't about respect.

It is about lack of results this season, and the health of the club going forward... there is nothing personal about that standard.
We are not done yet. We were in a similar situation last year and he wasn’t fired.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Like I said he’s done what no other coach in Jackets history has, he deserves some respect. This season is not entirely lost either.

so this team is in the business of throwing seasons away just because of a coach’s resume?

Jarmo stated he thought this was a Stanley Cup contender, so he was lying then?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
so this team is in the business of throwing seasons away just because of a coach’s resume?

Where were you all last year ? When Torts took a team extremely ridden by injuries and superstars leaving to the post season and went to beat Toronto ?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

What's he supposed to say "Fire the bozo who put this group together?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
We are not done yet. We were in a similar situation last year and he wasn’t fired.
Thru out Torts tenure here , team vastly underperforms for large parts , they go on a long streak only to squeak into the playoffs, and get the best team in league round 1 .. your post is accurate , they underperform and rely on a streak .. in a shortened season , can’t throw away games . Time for a change .. tonight

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Well, last year proved that Torts could work with any group of players and get them together to perform. He can still do it this year

just because it worked with that group doesn’t it mean it will happen again. The team has clearly tuned him out. Hard to get that back once it’s gone.

Reactions: Bookker

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Well, last year proved that Torts could work with any group of players and get them together to perform. He can still do it this year

Last years team issue was goal scoring. They were a very good defensive team with a hard core defensive system that players bought in to. A Tortorella staple is a good defending team.

This years team issue is nearly everything. What is one thing they do well (positively, no snarky comments like "turn the puck over")? I can't think of one. Not consistently. The PP is mediocre (an improvement!), the PK is bad (a drastic downfall), the goal scoring is better but still nothing to sneeze at, and the defensive play is DRASTICALLY worse (almost a full goal per game worse, which is the biggest regression in the league). This is NOT a Torts staple.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I am not ready to throw the white flag yet

This team is 4-7-2 since 1/31 and they've won *ONE* game against Nashville. Nashville is 4-1 against CBJ and 5-10 against the rest of the division.

We're 1-3-1 in the last five, none of which have come against the top 3 teams.

This isn't a good team. Now it's just up to Jarmo to decide if it's his coach(es) or the players he's acquired.

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Interesting stuff in your post....Torts did well here and it’s true his departure could lead to a downturn. We do have grinders and that fits well for Torts. But the young players that Jarmo has been assembling - Bemstrom, Tex, Foudy, the Russians - as well as Ros, Laine, Domi and Bjork are NOT grinders. So that’s where it’ll get interesting.
Square peg meet round hole.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He does this every year and some year, probably this year, it won't work. Why do we always suck for 2 month to start each season under Torts? Is it his preparation? It shouldn't take over 2 months every damned year with mostly the same players to buy into a system. If it does, the system is your problem.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA

Well f*** at least he's honest and isn't trying to sugarcoat it. I'm sure if you asked Torts if he should be fired he'd say yes. He clearly doesnt have any answers, once again not saying another guy would make this team great, they wouldn't but we should be able to win some of these games, the teams we're losing to are really not good.

Reactions: JacketFanInFL

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
*whispers* OK, OK, OK, everyone come closer. That's right, closer. Everyone here?

YOUR f***ING TEAM IS SINGLE HANDEDLY KEEPING JOHN HYNES EMPLOYED!!!!!!!!!!!

The new stimulus package will have great benefits. Let's get Hynes benes!

What do I have to do? Hand you the shotgun, put the Preds behind the woodshed tied up, and have you watch 'Old Yeller' 3 or 4 times!

END THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Timeless Winter

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
upload_2021-2-27_23-28-28.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad