GDT: Game 21 | Avs @ Yotes | 11/23 | 6:00PM MT | Battle of Food Coma

Favorite T-Giving Food?

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I hated Girard's and Kerfoot's games today. Girard looked like he was sleepwalking, especially in the first, while Kerfoot held on the puck way too long. Now with the negative out of the way, Avs execution with the puck was absolutely flawless. They rarely turned it over and the Coyotes were obviously scared when Avs were rushing with their speed. The Kamenev line again was fantastic and Nieto played a big part in that. He's been bashed by all of us the entire season, but I am going to eat my words today.

Defencively, I don't think Avs did an amazing job in front of Grubauer. The Coyotes didn't have a ton of screen shots, but they had a handful of times where it was far too much zonal time for me. I don't think the wingers nor the top line did a good job defencively at the points battling with the Yotes defenders. Really solid win, we almost look unbeatable and keep that consistency onto the next one.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I hated Girard's and Kerfoot's games today. Girard looked like he was sleepwalking, especially in the first, while Kerfoot held on the puck way too long. Now with the negative out of the way, Avs execution with the puck was absolutely flawless. They rarely turned it over and the Coyotes were obviously scared when Avs were rushing with their speed. The Kamenev line again was fantastic and Nieto played a big part in that. He's been bashed by all of us the entire season, but I am going to eat my words today.

Defencively, I don't think Avs did an amazing job in front of Grubauer. The Coyotes didn't have a ton of screen shots, but they had a handful of times where it was far too much zonal time for me. I don't think the wingers nor the top line did a good job defencively at the points battling with the Yotes defenders. Really solid win, we almost look unbeatable and keep that consistency onto the next one.

One of the worst games I've seen Girard play.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, I'm with everyone else on Sam...dude didn't have it tonight. And yeah, neither did Kerf. I also thought this was not Nate's greatest night either. But on a night where overall I didn't think the team looked particularly dominant overall, they still got the job done. I'll avoid praising the Prodigal Ginger since I'm sure that's been done a few times already. I would NEVER have guessed it was the Avs who ended up scoring two shorthanded goals (during the same penalty no less!) against the league leader in that category.

Grubauer was fine, and I'm glad he pointed out that his teammates did a good job of letting him get clean looks on virtually everything he faced. I thought they did a good job of cleaning up in the defensive zone, though overall there were way too many turnovers and sloppy play.

Anyway, fun win tonight.

PS: Chicago seriously traded Vinnie Hinostroza away for cap relief? They should've just kept him and LTIR'd Hossa. Dude was by far the most noticeable Coyote out there tonight, even seemed to generate more than Keller.

PPS: Just bring back the Kachina jerseys full-time already.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The first line has scored 37 out of 83 goals.

A weird stat is that those three have scored ten power play goals but the rest of the team has scored eleven power play goals (Kerfoot 2, Sodaberg 2, Wilson 3, Jost 2, Compher 1, Calvert 1). I guess when you are running a 32% PP there are goals to go around.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
How the hell did Avs make the playoffs last year with Barbeiro playing 46 games, Warsofsky 16 games, Lindholm playing 48 games, Mironov playing 10 games, Bigras playing 15 games and Siemens playing 16 games.

Adding Cole (and Girard) has slotted the #6-8th defenders in their proper place.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Watching post game interviews...Never realized before how ripped Ian Cole is. Dude looks like he's in insane physical shape with very low fat %.

Urxmnnf.png

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
PS: Chicago seriously traded Vinnie Hinostroza away for cap relief? They should've just kept him and LTIR'd Hossa. Dude was by far the most noticeable Coyote out there tonight, even seemed to generate more than Keller.

So true. I kept telling my local friends who've become hockey fans because of the hawks, that D-cat, Schwartz & Hino were a sweet start to rebuilding their forward core...even after they shit the bed with the Panarin situation. With the Joker learning from Keith on the blueline as well, there was really something there if they had blown some of the veteran core that still had value, up.

I'd have shipped Anisimov & the raper out for futures the instant Crow first went down with vertigo; letting Toews / Keith / Seabs stick around to teach the kids...unless someone made a big offer for Cap'n Serious or the Keith-droid.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hope nobody doubted that. Been saying for awhile getting JTC and Ghetto back would do a world of good for our team.

The options are fun to think about if we're ever at full health and Kaut makes the jump by the postseason. I think my favorite iteration is something along the lines of:

Calvert - Soda - Wilson
Jost - Kam - Jimmothy
Ghetto - Kerfoot - Kaut
( Nieto | Gork | Dries | Greer )

Soda continues grinding away in the toughest minutes. Kam centers a nifty two-way line, that can generate some offense, with Jost & Jimmothy. While Kerf centers a softer-minute scoring line that is basically just our 2nd PP unit's day job.

I really want to see Kam get put into a position to really get some production on the board. Him coming along how he has been is big.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad