GDT: Game 21: Avs @ Jets | November 23rd, 6PM MT/3AM Finnish | Scott Farcas' Farce

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This is gold, HAS TO BE used in the next Winnipeg GDT lmao!

Ms0TAgv.gif

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
On a serious note, until 3 minutes into the 3rd period the Avs were total garbage. Blah Blah Blah, shots were even, blah blah blah, kept them to the outside, blah...

We've been saying the same **** every win: Shots are from the outside! Kept high-chance scoring chances down!

It's the same. Avs need to get in the offensive zone more and cycle. It's been like this since 2008.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Gormley/Redmond really has been a pretty solid third pairing. Both can move the puck, and they tend not to get stuck in their own end too long because of that. I think they've been a + possession pairing every game so far.

Holden and Barrie got smoked tonight in the possession game. They were only on the ice for 2 and 3 shot attempts towards the Jets net at even strength, respectively.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Gormley/Redmond really has been a pretty solid third pairing. Both can move the puck, and they tend not to get stuck in their own end too long because of that. I think they've been a + possession pairing every game so far.

Thats good. Time to send Guenin down whenever Zad's is ready! :yo:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Yeah neither one has decided they HAVE TO BE the offensive defender on the pairing, but just keep it simple and pass the puck.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
The soderberg line was money tonight.

So was the Mackinnon line.

Redmond > Guenin. It is known.

Nice to see Varly play a good game.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Even before they started winning I noticed they were playing more.

Hm boxscore doesn't reflect that, I guess they just were noticeable.

Both of them also seem to think the game to the level where they can give each other outs, and neither of them look to put it up and off the wall as a first choice. Which is refreshing for a third pairing.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Not to get too ahead of ourselves, cause those two could degrade in a week but..
A Gormley -Redmond pairing is more what id like to see. Really hope it takes off

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Not to get too ahead of ourselves, cause those two could degrade in a week but..
A Gormley -Redmond pairing is more what id like to see. Really hope it takes off

I think it's easy to get high on them because of what we're used to. They are not blowing the tires off of anyone, but slow (not literally) and steady wins the race.

I'm just saying, they're fully in perspective, but that perspective is a ****ing HUGE change from what we've witnessed in the past lol.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
EJ, Landeskog and Duchene are skating better now than at the start of the season. Duchene and Landeskog probably have another gear to reach, but EJ is where he should be.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't know how they did it, because that was two periods once again of downright awful hockey on their half of the redline, but I'll take it. Holden and Barrie just continue to be trainwrecks in their zone but they managed not to get burnt by it.

Mega props to Matt Duchene. That's exactly what they need him to do. One goal lead, and they're starting to get dominated again in their own zone, and Duchene gets a scoring chance and buries it. He didn't let up with Trouba all over him, he stayed calm in the moment, and he made a decisive and perfectly executed move to get them a clutch two goal cushion. Way to go Matty! :handclap:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs-bench-Nov-23-2015-300x200.jpg

Post-game audio: Coach Roy, Semyon Varlamov, Matt Duchene & Cody McLeod.

To listen click here.

Chambers is such a tool. You're not one of the boys you're a damn reporter. Every scrum he acts like he just took part in the win.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Wow, we won? I'm kinda surprised. We didn't look too good in the first two periods, where I think Jets pretty much controlled the play. Great to win though!

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm appreciating McLeod more and more as the season goes on, he's being asked to do far more than he's capable of yet he's giving everything he has and thus far, is being rewarded for it. 5 goals on the season for him is pretty good so far. A player like Everberg could learn a thing or two from Cody and the work ethic he has on a shift-to-shift basis.

One thing I loved tonight is how pissed off Holden made Stafford. I mean he really got under his skin with how physical he was with him. I also like that Holden isn't afraid to challenge Buff physically. He's been ok this season. Not great, not bad either. Needs to be taken off the 2nd pairing though, when possible.

Refreshing to see a 3rd period where we're the better team. Don't see that often enough.

I'm really not a fan of the Jets. They don't take well to being hit, and that's exactly what we did to them tonight. For a team that the media raves about being so big and physical, we really played them physical and they hated it.

As much as we **** on this team for the prior three games, the fact is they went 4-3 on this road trip :laugh: Just continue to play consistent hockey, that's all I ask. I'll accept the odd stinker here and there, but play consistent hockey.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I know the game's over, and giving the Avs a PP late is pointless, but the holding/interference on Everberg(?) there was so damn blatant I don't know how you don't call it, even if a team is up 12 with 2 seconds left.

The refs missed A METRIC TON of calls in the first. I was thinking WTF was going on when the Jets were allowed to run pick plays, hook and slash and we get called for EVERYTHING. Comeau (who played like a frikkin' idiot in the first 2 periods) definitely deserves his stupid, idiotic penalty for cross-checking. However, I saw a Jets player do the same thing to one of our guys and it went completely unnoticed in the 2nd.

Let's not forget that this was a division win. If we win every division game, we might finish 5th in the division. That's the good news. The bad news is that Sakic will use that record as an excuse to sign Lecavalier and some more vets.

Don't be ridiculous. We're not signing LeCavalier. :shakehead We're going to trade for him. :sarcasm:

We didn't really get destroyed, they had a crap ton of time in our end cycling the puck and choked up the neutral zone, but never did anything with it. Which is the reasons the shot totals were what they were going into the third (Tied 16/16).

You guys need to look at the details of the game sometimes instead of screaming a comment at the top of your lungs like a 5 year old.

I dunno...were you seriously happy with the way the Avs played that game? I wasn't. I was happy with the end result but on most nights, 75% of the time, you play like that in the first 2 periods and you're going to lose.

In fact, after the Jets goal, I wanted to kidnap Patrick Roy, tie him up, put toothpicks in his eyes Clockwork Orange style and make him watch that play, over and over again until he understands that:

- giving your opponents an 'easy-in' without any forecheck and watching as your guys come back and 'set-up to defend' is a large part of what's wrong with how this team is playing. Instead of forechecking the puck carrier (Wheeler) you giving time to get into the zone and evaluate his options and make a play...while our guys are making sure they all have 'their man'.

This isn't something the guys are just doing, since it's very counter intuitive, someone is telling them to play the game this way.

I caught the final 15 minutes of the period....Avs looked fine to me :D

Might want to watch the first 45 minutes. We were lucky to win this game.

Wins might not get us in the playoffs but on the plus side, they make other fans very mad when they lose to "the worst team in the NHL". It's entertaining to read, at least.

Hahaha I stopped reading after the 3rd post or so. Jets fan upset because Byfuglien gets a penalty for "being Buff". Oh that's right, he can do whatever the **** he wants and he shouldn't get called because 'that's just how he is'. Special permissions for special boys. :laugh:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I'm appreciating McLeod more and more as the season goes on, he's being asked to do far more than he's capable of yet he's giving everything he has and thus far, is being rewarded for it. 5 goals on the season for him is pretty good so far. A player like Everberg could learn a thing or two from Cody and the work ethic he has on a shift-to-shift basis.

One thing I loved tonight is how pissed off Holden made Stafford. I mean he really got under his skin with how physical he was with him. I also like that Holden isn't afraid to challenge Buff physically. He's been ok this season. Not great, not bad either. Needs to be taken off the 2nd pairing though, when possible.

Refreshing to see a 3rd period where we're the better team. Don't see that often enough.

I'm really not a fan of the Jets. They don't take well to being hit, and that's exactly what we did to them tonight. For a team that the media raves about being so big and physical, we really played them physical and they hated it.

As much as we **** on this team for the prior three games, the fact is they went 4-3 on this road trip :laugh: Just continue to play consistent hockey, that's all I ask. I'll accept the odd stinker here and there, but play consistent hockey.

McLeod is playing well out there, better than in the last few season where I wanted him out of the team or in a very reduced role.

If we could play Holden on a 3rd pair that would be amazing, he'd be perfect and I like his increased physicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad