GDT: Game 21: Avs @ Jets | November 23rd, 6PM MT/3AM Finnish | Scott Farcas' Farce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Some of you are calling that a bad win. I assume that means a win where the other team was better. But somehow the Avs not only scored more goals, they had more shots, more scoring chances, more high danger scoring chances....all of which are true for both 5v5 and all situations. Heck, the Avs even had more O zone starts (all). The only things they did not lead that might matter was corsi, face offs and hits. Even the eye test, when watching after knowing we won, was not that bad. Reading through this thread while re-watching is entertaining...full focus on the negative.

I get that the Avs are a few games under .500. That is not where we would like them, and not where they should be based on talent. And no, not everyone has been playing to potential the whole season. Hopefully that can change, and Varly rebounds like Duchene has, guys get healthy, the forwards can settle in, and the D continues to improve.

As of right now, pace for 8th spot is 94points, so figure 95 to beat that. That works out to 39-22-0 (or 17-0-44 or a more realistic 35-18-8, and a slew of other options). Not out of the question, as it is a full season pace of 105pts. (Rangers are on pace for 133pts, Dallas and Montreal 127 each). Not sure if this team can pull it off, but I am hopeful they will try. I do not expect them to be a bottom 5 team come April.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
There's a reason I despise Corsi. I didn't think the Jets were the better team Monday night. I thought they spent a ton of time on the outside and we gave them absolutely nothing. A great defensive effort.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Some of you are calling that a bad win. I assume that means a win where the other team was better. But somehow the Avs not only scored more goals, they had more shots, more scoring chances, more high danger scoring chances....all of which are true for both 5v5 and all situations. Heck, the Avs even had more O zone starts (all). The only things they did not lead that might matter was corsi, face offs and hits. Even the eye test, when watching after knowing we won, was not that bad. Reading through this thread while re-watching is entertaining...full focus on the negative.

I get that the Avs are a few games under .500. That is not where we would like them, and not where they should be based on talent. And no, not everyone has been playing to potential the whole season. Hopefully that can change, and Varly rebounds like Duchene has, guys get healthy, the forwards can settle in, and the D continues to improve.

As of right now, pace for 8th spot is 94points, so figure 95 to beat that. That works out to 39-22-0 (or 17-0-44 or a more realistic 35-18-8, and a slew of other options). Not out of the question, as it is a full season pace of 105pts. (Rangers are on pace for 133pts, Dallas and Montreal 127 each). Not sure if this team can pull it off, but I am hopeful they will try. I do not expect them to be a bottom 5 team come April.

Simply put, if we continue to play like we did in the first two periods we are going to lose more games than not.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I believe it's 5 points or more and you're done, save for a couple teams who have made up the gap

yeah, 5 points or more.

also, if team has less than 17 points in their first 20 games, they are very unlikely to make the playoffs. since 04-05 lockout, only one team made it; washington capitals 07-08. no one has made it with a corsi below 55% and less than 17 points at 20 game mark since the lockout.

that 07-08 season, caps were 6-13-1 at the 20 game mark. lost next game to the thrashers 5-1. fired hanlon and BB stepped in. they were just above 0.500 at game #64. then they went on a tear, losing only 4 games until the end of the season. ovechkin scored 17 goals in final 17 games.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Simply put, if we continue to play like we did in the first two periods we are going to lose more games than not.

Simply put, if the Avs play like they have since mid to late October... the wins are going to come and this team will finish somewhere in the 90s with regards to points.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Simply put, if the Avs play like they have since mid to late October... the wins are going to come and this team will finish somewhere in the 90s with regards to points.

if varlamov bounces back and they do some something to fix the PK, not an unreasonable prediction.

avs goal differential is closer to that of a slightly below average team, rather than one of the worst. their PDO is just under 101. something that avs can maintain imo and maybe even bump up slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad