GDT: Game 21 - Avalanche @ Senators - Spin the Goalie Wheel - 5PM

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Altiboob were saying that EJ was the only one to have played all games when in fact LOC, Helm, and Jost have also played 21gms.:facepalm:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
97A8CDE4-1D33-4365-AA04-8034D508B62A.gif

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
The biggest issue the Avs have ( other than Nate being Nate ) is the head injuries of your two best defensemen. How does a player like Makar go from being a world beater to skating the warmup and then having to take a seat? How does Byram come back score a goal his first game back and the next post a minus 3? Its the head injuries. It can be as simple as different lighting in a different arena. I'm starting to worry about the long term effects for Byram, he has had 3 concussions since entering the league. If and when these two guys can play a near full season the Avs should be unstoppable. Can't believe how good Byram is when he can play. It took David Perron over a year to recover from a Thornton hit. I'm wondering if they are returning too soon.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
So if MacKinnon is bad now (6 points in his last 3 games) What are we expecting when he bounces back?

I’m thinking 2 goals a game, and massaging teammates shoulders in between shifts to relax them.

I don't think it is about the offensive production. I want him to be a lot smarter. Check the overtime goal to see what is not smart.

Reactions: Grackle Party

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
The biggest issue the Avs have ( other than Nate being Nate ) is the head injuries of your two best defensemen. How does a player like Makar go from being a world beater to skating the warmup and then having to take a seat? How does Byram come back score a goal his first game back and the next post a minus 3? Its the head injuries. It can be as simple as different lighting in a different arena. I'm starting to worry about the long term effects for Byram, he has had 3 concussions since entering the league. If and when these two guys can play a near full season the Avs should be unstoppable. Can't believe how good Byram is when he can play. It took David Perron over a year to recover from a Thornton hit. I'm wondering if they are returning too soon.

Call me a pessimist, but I could bet there will never be a regular season where Makar-Byram duo post 140+ played games. 130 might also be too much asked.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Said it once, will say it again. Nathan MacKinnon is one of the, if not the #1, dumbest talented player ever. If he had HALF the brains of McDavid he'd be a perennial 100 point player. But instead we get the crybaby that makes moronic plays to lose the team important games.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
So if MacKinnon is bad now (6 points in his last 3 games) What are we expecting when he bounces back?

I’m thinking 2 goals a game, and massaging teammates shoulders in between shifts to relax them.

People are being stupid criticizing him. He is still our best forward. Yes, currently he goes through a bit of a bad patch, he wants to score goals, but either they are not going in (like the crossbar ping today) or he is forcing his game, trying to score, when he could have make a pass and his whole game suffers as a result. Once he scores a couple, he will hopefully bounce back.

Reactions: Avs71

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Said it once, will say it again. Nathan MacKinnon is one of the, if not the #1, dumbest talented player ever. If he had HALF the brains of McDavid he'd be a perennial 100 point player. But instead we get the crybaby that makes moronic plays to lose the team important games.
I mean he was on pace for 110 points the last two seasons, had 97 in 75(?) and a 99 point season. He needs to be better sometimes but the he doesn’t even have a 100 point season argument is probably the dumbest one you could make…

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
What important games has Mac lost us?

Reactions: klozge

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
I hate that I'm saying this but it looks like EJ plays like he doesn't want to get hurt. Sure he blocks shots but when it comes to body on body it just looks like he shys away. Anyone else notice?

That is exactly how we want him to play at this point in his career. We need his defensive presence, experience, and leadership on the ice not on IR.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado

He's not bad, he's just dumb. And he's a repeat offender, especially in OT. How many times have we seen him try and make a pass like that? Someone needs to tell him that he's not Peter Forsberg.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I dunno. They did that in Montreal and people here were even more pissed off :laugh:
I agree but it was because it was supposed to be a bounce back performance. It they had played a good games against the Leafs the optics would have been different. I would a have taken a cruise mode win yesterday instead of that wild west showing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad