Post-Game Talk: GAME 21 - A SHOCKER in Columbus - Blue Jackets 5 BRUINS 2

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Marchand's leadership and Monty's coaching will be in the spotlight now that the Bs are showing that they are human once again. We shall see how they handle adversity.
Besides not having each others back, I am getting concerned about Monty's coaching decisions lately, and I'm starting to wonder if Marchand was the best choice as Captain

McAvoy might have been a better choice for captain, which would free up Brad to just go out and play his game without the extra responsibility, and C-Mac is more level-headed and might command more respect from other teams and the officials (but I'm just spitballing here)

Monty has been an excellent coach the majority of his time in Boston and seems to get the most out of his players, until there's some adversity, then panic sets in.
I hope JM can figure things out, and right the ship, because the Bruins have been a ship without a rudder the last few games.

GO BRUINS!!!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Besides not having each others back, I am getting concerned about Monty's coaching decisions lately, and I'm starting to wonder if Marchand was the best choice as Captain

McAvoy might have been a better choice for captain, which would free up Brad to just go out and play his game without the extra responsibility, and C-Mac is more level-headed and might command more respect from other teams and the officials (but I'm just spitballing here)

Monty has been an excellent coach the majority of his time in Boston and seems to get the most out of his players, until there's some adversity, then panic sets in.
I hope JM can figure things out, and right the ship, because the Bruins have been a ship without a rudder the last few games.

GO BRUINS!!!
Agree 100 %

We’ve seen adversity twice and he went to me way off

With everything going on he seen like many in awe of this franchise and he’s overreacting especially in playoffs

I’ve always thought Tortorella was the best coach for the Bruins he understands this place and team

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

This was my feeling as well.

Let Marchand keep the A and he doesn’t have to worry about setting the right example on the ice. It lets him play on the edge while still holding a leadership position. I know some fans will be quick to say “oh but the officials listen to Marchand I can tell from watching from the stands” but with how much he’s mistreated by them I doubt they respect him. The fans that think the officials respect him can’t have it both ways.

I would have also given Mac the C for the reasons you stated.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbyorr04

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
also would have given the C to Mac or Pasta. Marchand a long time bruin but capable of doing something stupid every night
Pasta being the Bruins captain would be criminal, He puts up his points but I don't want a part time effort player leading my team.

I would rather Carlo and its well known how I feel about him as a player. At least he gives his all.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Lol 3 game losing stresk and now Marchy should not be captain. A 80% winning % coach can’t coach.
Record be damed anyone that loves their Bruins can see this team is in trouble as is currently assembled

The coach looks to be still learning on the job,

Historic goaltending is a beautiful thing until its not

Yet the only player to do something really stupid so far this season was McAvoy.
I wish 90% of this roster was a stupid as McAvoy

Reactions: Gordoff

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I wish 90% of this roster was a stupid as McAvoy
No one said McAvoy IS stupid; they said he did a stupid thing. Big difference.

What IS stupid is wishing 90% of the roster gets suspended for 4 games. Yup, that'll really help right the ship.

To be honest, I've wondered about Marchand's leadership sometimes, but I think it's also worth pointing out that no one was questioning his leadership when the team was 14-1-1.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

What IS stupid is wishing 90% of the roster gets suspended for 4 games. Yup, that'll really help right the ship.

To be honest, I've wondered about Marchand's leadership sometimes, but I think it's also worth pointing out that no one was questioning his leadership when the team was 14-1-1.
Saw Marchand at pool today
1701275987297.png

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and capecodder

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Lol 3 game losing stresk and now Marchy should not be captain. A 80% winning % coach can’t coach.
I don't get the questioning of Marchand as Captain. Bs were best in the league for most of the season, and currently tied for 2nd most points after their 3-game losing streak. Nobody foresaw the Bs starting this season off like they did. Last I checked Marchy was the captain during that ridiculous start and all those wins. Must have been doing something right.

Also, VGK is on a 3-game losing streak and is 3-4-3 in its last 10 games. Actually have looked worse than the Bruins (last 3 games lost to Oilers, Flames, and Coyotes). Maybe Mark Stone doesn't need to be captain.

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Relax there big guy, What's funny to me is they have play like little p****** since McAvoy came back.

Who is questioning Marchand's leadership as far as him being the captain? You making this up?

And yes I would like to see my Bruins team playing on a edge of a suspension on EVERY shift but that's not realistic, how do you like those apples.

You think its Brad's leadership that got them to 14-1-1 ? Pay more attention on what's happening in net before you answer.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

GO BRUINS!!!
I would give Charlie Coyle the C. He's level headed, respected and wouldn't have to change his style or attitude, and has a temperment more in line with what Patrice had. IMO, McAvoy is a bit too young, not really a leader yet, and (like Brad) has enough on his plate.

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Call me crazy but I would love to play for a captain who plays on the edge. I hope Brad starts getting a little bit greasier out there

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
As an old geezer that has cheered for the Bruins for 6-7 decades and regardless of what anyone thinks of Marchy he has given it all to the Bruins and their fans. I love they made him captain. A lot of thought went into this from the powers that run the ship. Bruins are more than one player. They put a bunch of unexpected wins together this season. I have no doubt they will get back on track here and make a hell of a season out of a motely crew of a team that others under estimated.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDiesel and Gordoff

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Relax there big guy, What's funny to me is they have play like little p****** since McAvoy came back.

Who is questioning Marchand's leadership as far as him being the captain? You making this up?

And yes I would like to see my Bruins team playing on a edge of a suspension on EVERY shift but that's not realistic, how do you like those apples.

You think its Brad's leadership that got them to 14-1-1 ? Pay more attention on what's happening in net before you answer.
Have you read the thread?

Who said anything about playing "on the edge of suspension"? McAvoy actually WAS suspended.

I didn't say Brad's leadership got them to 14-1-1. I said no one was questioning his leadership during that run, but now some are.

Maybe you should pay more attention.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
As an old geezer that has cheered for the Bruins for 6-7 decades and regardless of what anyone thinks of Marchy he has given it all to the Bruins and their fans. I love they made him captain. A lot of thought went into this from the powers that run the ship. Bruins are more than one player. They put a bunch of unexpected wins together this season. I have no doubt they will get back on track here and make a hell of a season out of a motely crew of a team that other under estimated.
Marchand has been my favourite Bruin for years (and still is), but I was just spitballing to see what others thought of the B's captaincy and if it's best for the team

I was so glad for Brad when they named him captain. He deserves it more than any other Bruin, but he doesn't seem to command the same respect from the officials as Chara and Bergeron did....and probably never will

..and is it possible the captaincy might be holding him back from playing on the edge where he is most effective?? or am I looking for something that's not really there?

Reactions: bobber

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Marchand has been my favourite Bruin for years (and still is), but I was just spitballing to see what others thought of the B's captaincy and if it's best for the team

I was so glad for Brad when they named him captain. He deserves it more than any other Bruin, but he doesn't seem to command the same respect from the officials as Chara and Bergeron did....and probably never will

..and is it possible the captaincy might be holding him back from playing on the edge where he is most effective?? or am I looking for something that's not really there?
Marchy has to get credit for surviving all these seasons as a smaller type player that made so many enemies. Players playing on the edge usually don't get the benefit of the doubt with refs because they have established a reputation. In Marchand's case I think you are absolutely correct. He isn't taken as serious as a captain should be. Hard to follow in Bergy's footsteps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad