BRUINS GDT GAME 21 7:08 PM - THE BEAR visits the Columbus Zoo and a historical landmark - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1701066015498.png

1701066838651.png

1701066979768.png

1701066100229.png

Tonight's Officials

1701066327605.png
1701066236713.png

Referees Graham Skilliter (24), Kelly Sutherland (11)
Linespersons Ryan Galloway (82), Scott Cherrey (50)

TONIGHT’S GAME -The Bruins visit the Blue Jackets tonight in the first of three games between these teams this season and the first of two games at Nationwide Arena this year ... The Bruins are 14-3-3 overall this season and they are 7-2-2 on the road ... They are 7-3-2 in games vs. Eastern Conference teams this season. -The Bruins conclude their two-game road trip tonight (0-1-0) ... They will next return home to host San Jose on 11/30 before traveling to Toronto on 12/2.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Charlie McAvoy is 1 assist short of his 200th NHL assist. - Brandon Carlo is 2 games shy of his 500th NHL game. - Jeremy Swayman is 2 games short of his 100th NHL game. - Kevin Shattenkirk is 3 goals short of his 100th NHL goal. - Pavel Zacha is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal. - Charlie McAvoy is 4 games short of his 400th NHL game. - Derek Forbort is 6 points short of his 100th NHL point. - Morgan Geekie is 6 games shy of his 200th NHL game. - Hampus Lindholm is 8 games short of his 700th NHL game. - Matt Grzelcyk is 8 games shy of his 400th NHL game. - Ian Mitchell is 8 games shy of his 100th NHL game. - Brandon Carlo is 9 points short of his 100th NHL point.

INJURIES (37 man-games lost) - None reported

BOSTON vs COLUMBUS, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Blue Jackets are meeting for the 39th time in their histories with a 24-9-0-5 mark and a 129-97 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 12-5-0-3 lifetime in 20 games at Columbus with a 71-55 scoring edge in those contests. - The Bruins have won their last six games between these teams.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The bright side of the 2-game losing streak is they likely won't overlook Columbus.

I caught a dual interview With Connor Bedard and Adam Fantilli, and when asked about competing against guys they grew up idolizing, Fantilli lamented Patrice Bergeron's retirement. He said he was a huge fan and dreamed of facing off against him.

Obviously pulling for the B's, but do have a soft spot for Columbus. Seems they haven't caught a break in their 23 years of existence.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I had a dream last night the Bruins were shut out, luckily my dreams don't usually come true. I also picked DeBrusk, Frederic and McAvoy to score on my Tim's Hockey Challenge and I'm on a streak, so one of them "should" score at least. ;)

Hopefully they have regrouped, re-energized and stuff that cannon.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The bright side of the 2-game losing streak is they likely won't overlook Columbus.

I caught a dual interview With Connor Bedard and Adam Fantilli, and when asked about competing against guys they grew up idolizing, Fantilli lamented Patrice Bergeron's retirement. He said he was a huge fan and dreamed of facing off against him.

Obviously pulling for the B's, but do have a soft spot for Columbus. Seems they haven't caught a break in their 23 years of existence.

Yeah you'd have to think the Bruins won't take this lightly. They need to stop the mini-slide, and while it's one thing to drop games to the likes of the Rangers, it's quite enough to lose to poor lowly Columbus. The defense in particular has something to prove in this one, as a group that prides itself on being one of the most competent in the league has been exposed over the last week. The top forwards apart from Coyle have had a quiet patch too.

Hopefully Boston can turn things around and put together a solid win here.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Let's hope the Bruins can shake off the bad plays and start playing better defensively. Those last two games where they could not get the puck out of their own end are ones I want to forget. Carlo has not been playing that great. Hoping Poitras has a good game by adding a goal or two and as many helpers. Just play as a team, BRUINS HOCKEY!!!! JUST WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I am too lazy to look it up right now, but it feels like Lindholm is a turnover machine these days. I hope he can get his decisions/passing game sorted out soon. Tonight would be a good time to start.
He isn't moving his feet in their own end as well as he was at the start of his tenure here and seems to be hanging onto the puck just a bit too long as well. Need him to get going

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Hopefully the Bruins can play some decent defensive hockey in front of their goalie this game ,because they haven’t in awhile not just the last two losses,they have been getting bailed out in a lot of games. I’m hoping Columbus doesn’t have an aggressive physical for checking game ,Bruins just don’t seem to have an answer for it,looking like Keystone Cops in their own end,bringing back memories of the Florida playoff series.

Reactions: lopey and BMC

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Hopefully the Bruins can play some decent defensive hockey in front of their goalie this game ,because they haven’t in awhile not just the last two losses,they have been getting bailed out in a lot of games. I’m hoping Columbus doesn’t have an aggressive physical for checking game ,Bruins just don’t seem to have an answer for it,looking like Keystone Cops in their own end,bringing back memories of the Florida playoff series.

Defense was abysmal in the 3rd period of last game. However those first two goals allowed by Ullmark were shots that should be saved 99% of the time.

It wasn’t just on the defense. Unity the defense and Ullmark were awful.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Defense was abysmal in the 3rd period of last game. However those first two goals allowed by Ullmark were shots that should be saved 99% of the time.

But was also totally left out to dry numerous times it really could have been 12-4 not saying he wasn’t partially to blame ,but Bruins goaltending has really masked a lot of terrible defensive play ,and actuality is they also did last season especially early on in games.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

They said it during the game, but Ullmark faced an insane amount of high danger scoring chances that game, tough to fault him regardless if one or two were weak, especially with the amount of odd man rushes he saved them on.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
They said it during the game, but Ullmark faced an insane amount of high danger scoring chances that game, tough to fault him regardless if one or two were weak, especially with the amount of odd man rushes he saved them on.
They hung him out in the wind a number of times. He wasn't at his best, but the Rags could have scored 10+ the way the Bruins were defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad