GDT: Game #21 - 11.22.14 - vs Los Angeles - 7:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

I Am Sidney Crosby*

Oh Williams has 2 goals in the game, guess that means he's the one to tie it up.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
You really think he's telling them to stop skating and just defend?

Well I've seen it for two years in Dallas and weren't his teams in Buffalo notorious for sitting on leads? No I don't think he tells them to stop skating but when the first Stars player is picking up the Kings rush about 5 feet outside our blue line then yeah I'd say we are sitting back trying to just defend.

The Kings were just having a free entry into the zone almost every time because Dallas was just sitting back waiting for them. It reminds me of a football defense playing a prevent defense. In football it extends the drive but almost always the offense will eventually score. You don't give up the big pass but the other team drives the field 5-10 yards at a time. The Stars aren't going to give up an odd man rush or a breakaway but they just sit back and let the other team camp out in their zone for the majority of the period.

I'm probably wrong but I've watched it over and over. I like Ruff but I just think his teams sit on a lead. Now that we are only up by one you see we are picking up the Kings zone entry much sooner and are actually pressuring the Kings defense.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I wonder how frustrating it is for players like Benn and Seguin to see the team scrambling for a win even when they're doing a ton of scoring and not involved in the goals against

I Am Sidney Crosby*

I wonder how frustrating it is for players like Benn and Seguin to see the team scrambling for a win even when they're doing a ton of scoring and not involved in the goals against

"Can't wait til UFA."

MetalGodAOD*

Well I've seen it for two years in Dallas and weren't his teams in Buffalo notorious for sitting on leads? No I don't think he tells them to stop skating but when the first Stars player is picking up the Kings rush about 5 feet outside our blue line then yeah I'd say we are sitting back trying to just defend.
defense.

I never heard that about his teams in Buffalo. I've watched a lot of hockey and I see every team do it. /shrug

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
We won so I guess it doesn't matter whether we were intentionally sitting back or not. Made the 3rd period more interesting than I like but a win is a win.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
You know, it's funny how 2 of our 3 wins on home ice were the two games we've probably been outplayed by the widest margin when the game is considered as a whole. I swear the team never played this idiotic in any of the games they lost at the AAC.

I can't decide if this was worse than the Vancouver "effort" or not.

MetalGodAOD*

Demers had a nice play along the boards there at the end. Definitely an upgrade to our D if he plays this way going forth.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Ugly but also beautiful win. Great first game from Demers. Benn was excellent and has fully regained his form after that bad stretch. Klingberg is still awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad