GDT: Game #21 - 11.22.14 - vs Los Angeles - 7:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
[nhl]2014020285-448-h[/nhl]

the-one.gif

B28F3FTCQAEFOzQ.jpg:large

B2-ZfHtCUAEIoKn.jpg:large

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Stars defense pairs this morning: Goligoski-Klingberg; Daley-Demers; Jokipakka-Oleksiak

Happy to see Daley paired with Demers. I think they'll fit well together. Not happy with Jokipakka-Oleksiak together again since I hated that pair in the last game but maybe they'll work better this time. Either way they'll probably not be seeing much ice time anyway

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Stars lines this morning:

Benn-Eakin-Seguin;
Roussel-Spezza-Hemsky;
Moen-Fiddler-Eaves;
Cole-Horcoff-McKenzie

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
oh sweeet loooord! that sounds too good to be true!

Along with the fact that none of Jordie, Gonch nor (bad) dillon is on the roster!

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I'm actually pretty surprised Demers is in tonight, considering Ruff has typically wanted them to get multiple practices in first.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Ngl I'm feeling pretty hyped about this game so that means we're probably going to get blown out

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm actually pretty surprised Demers is in tonight, considering Ruff has typically wanted them to get multiple practices in first.

That's something you say when you acquire a fringe player. Top 4 D and Top 6 forwards ... heck most traded players ... get in the lineup ASAP.

Moen's situation was different because he didn't have a visa to work in the US. He couldn't join the team for several days until that was done, and it kept him off the ice. Still I guarantee not skating for two or three days wont cause most guys to eat a healthy scratch. Moen was just a throw in they had to take to rid themselves of Gonchar. They'll never admit that though.

The bonus though his he has played pretty well and worked his way into a solid spot. That's on him though embracing the opportunity and putting himself in contention for a Top 12 spot.

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
That should everyone how bad Jordie has actually been this year.

Yeah, but didn't Ruff up his hours up until he got benched? Seems weird to me, that he gave him more hours each game and now benches him for multiple games... Usually he gives less hours and if it's still not better he benches that player for one game... In the past games, Jordie always got around 19 minutes, then one game 15 minutes and now is out... It just sounds weird... I definitely like it, but it doesn't sound like the treatment Jordie usually gets... You know what I mean? :D Like he could have just benched Jordie wayyyy before last game, still he didn't and now he's benched for two games.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Yeah, but didn't Ruff up his hours up until he got benched? Seems weird to me, that he gave him more hours each game and now benches him for multiple games... Usually he gives less hours and if it's still not better he benches that player for one game... In the past games, Jordie always got around 19 minutes, then one game 15 minutes and now is out... It just sounds weird... I definitely like it, but it doesn't sound like the treatment Jordie usually gets... You know what I mean? :D

Well, he's definitely gotten guys that move Jordie WAY down the depth charts now. Maybe he just gave Jordie enough rope to hang himself with, and he finally hung himself...

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Happy to see Daley paired with Demers. I think they'll fit well together. Not happy with Jokipakka-Oleksiak together again since I hated that pair in the last game but maybe they'll work better this time. Either way they'll probably not be seeing much ice time anyway

Are we really allowed to have two RHD's in the lineup at the same time? Was such a longtime ago, I don't remember.

Also

KlingbergKlingbergKlingberg

Primetimey*

Man that top four can move, pass, and breakout of the zone. I think our transition game and board play in our own zone is going to be a lot better with two righties out there.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Man that top four can move, pass, and breakout of the zone. I think our transition game and board play in our own zone is going to be a lot better with two righties out there.

We've essentially swapped our to most errant passers on D with Klingberg( now our best passer) and Demers who is supposed to be a pretty good passer too (see hertl 4th goal)

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
When was the last time we had two RHD's long term? Was Skrastins(RIP) or Wotwitka a righty combined with Robi?

Was it really Robidas/Niskanen/Phil Larsen? Haha god

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Why would fans crap on Seabrook? Guy is good. I would do nasty evil vile things for either Seabrook or Shattenkirk to play for the Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad