Post-Game Talk: Game 20 - Shootouts **** - Caps 3 BRUINS 2 F/SO

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
He is better than many of the garbage #1 goaltenders in the NHL. He is going to get a BIG contract with someone next year because of how amazing he plays and will be their starter.

As much as I love Rask, I am more confident with Halak in net many nights and Rask is elite.

Happy we have both of them.

wrong . he's pretty dam good.
He’s hot right now and Rask hasn’t been at his best but are we really going to say Halak is an ELITE number one goalie?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
All things considered I thought getting a point was a positive last night. 2 would’ve been nice but against Washington I’ll take anything at this point.

Like some of the posters I do wish Boston had a couple of guys that could wander over to the Wilson’s of the world and ask them politely to stop running around. Hard to find these days though
Washington is a team that has to be dealt with by hitting back and not being intimidated. I thought the Bs did a pretty good job last night of not being afraid to hit the Caps as well as not taking the bait from idiots such as Wilson and Hathaway. The penalty on Chara for roughing incensed me because Z didn't want to get a minor after Wilson's shenanigan's of holding Charlie's stick due to being butthurt over Charlie laying a clean hard check on him, but at the same time he wanted to stick up for Charlie and end Wilson's foolishness. That was a clear case of awful reffing. The ref could have nipped that whole situation in the bud by calling the clear penalty on Wilson that he was staring straight at for a good 10 seconds. Instead, the ref called nothing, let the situation escalate, then sent Z off for nothing. f***ing ridiculous. I've noticed something the past couple years. The big-name refs that everyone lauds are many times the biggest game managers and downright bad. The no-name refs that don't make it into the playoffs are usually the refs in games where the refs are not an issue. Funny how the NHL chooses the former for the playoffs.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He’s hot right now and Rask hasn’t been at his best but are we really going to say Halak is an ELITE number one goalie?

That would be a hard case to make.

But when he has been a #1 goalie, he's had some very good season for Montreal, St. Louis and the Islanders.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
missed the game, sucks Bergy didn`t play and sucks the boys gave a pt away yet again in a ridiculous part of this game these days.

Going to remain positive, 3 outta 4 pts over the weekend with one game played without their best all around C

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

I think after what we have seen last season (and he looks even better this season), absolutely yes. He has improved his game tremendously and is going to make a team very happy next year. If Rask is considered elite, Halak is now in that category. He will not a 1b goalie any longer - he will be a 1a next season. I have been happier with Halak more than Rask this season and I love Tuukka.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think after what we have seen last season (and he looks even better this season), absolutely yes. He has improved his game tremendously and is going to make a team very happy next year. If Rask is considered elite, Halak is now in that category. He will not a 1b goalie any longer - he will be a 1a next season. I have been happier with Halak more than Rask this season and I love Tuukka.

Not a chance will I get sucked into believing Halak is a guy I`d lean on as my #1. My opinion is he`s about as perfect for a backup/platoon situation as any goalie out there but handing him or giving him the starters spot, my guess is he`d struggle

Truly appreciate what he does for this team but if say the B`s themselves headed into a year with him as the #1 and say Tuukka was with another team, my biggest concern would be who do the B`s have when Halak struggles?

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Not a chance will I get sucked into believing Halak is a guy I`d lean on as my #1. My opinion is he`s about as perfect for a backup/platoon situation as any goalie out there but handing him or giving him the starters spot, my guess is he`d struggle

Truly appreciate what he does for this team but if say the B`s themselves headed into a year with him as the #1 and say Tuukka was with another team, my biggest concern would be who do the B`s have when Halak struggles?

Not only do I believe he is a legit #1, but I think the contract he gets next season is going to be shocking.

Reactions: Strafer

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Not to go all Fenian on the board, but this team is sorely lacking size and physicality.

I'm tired of bigger teams pushing us around and taking liberties with our smaller players.

Like I said in the GDT thank goodness most of the league has gone the quieter and gentler route with smaller skilled players like the Bruins, but you are right it's tough to watch when they play the few big hard hitting teams left.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Like I said in the GDT thank goodness most of the league has gone the quieter and gentler route with smaller skilled players like the Bruins, but you are right it's tough to watch when they play the few big hard hitting teams left.
They’re lucky in that. Especially in the division they play in the most.

Still wish Carlo could find his inner Chara. Something tells me that kid doesn’t realize how strong he is compared to his peers

Reactions: BMC

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Urho had a good game.

Kept it simple, routinely skated the puck out, confident enough. Just a solid night for him.

TcTap

Jan 27, 2017

Come on, I like Halak but he is a good backup goalie. I would not bet on him during playoffs because he is very streaky. He can be godlike in one game and in another get five on five. You can ask Islanders fans whether they would rather go with Rask or Halak. Majority would say Rask. I would like him to stay on this team with some acceptable deal. 2-3 mill

I really dont get why this fanbase is so against Tuuka. He has been solid year after year and especially during playoffs, with good stats. There arent many goalies better than him.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Come on, I like Halak but he is a good backup goalie. I would not bet on him during playoffs because he is very streaky. He can be godlike in one game and in another get five on five. You can ask Islanders fans whether they would rather go with Rask or Halak. Majority would say Rask. I would like him to stay on this team with some acceptable deal. 2-3 mill

I really dont get why this fanbase is so against Tuuka. He has been solid year after year and especially during playoffs, with good stats. There arent many goalies better than him.

Rooting for Halak is not going against Rask. Both wear the Black & Gold. The fanbase should be grateful to have both of them, like Moog & Lemelin.

... and Halak's contract next season will not be anything close to 2-3 million. He will be starting for another team and it's going to suck to watch.

Reactions: Strafer

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Rooting for Halak is not going against Rask. Both wear the Black & Gold. The fanbase should be grateful to have both of them, like Moog & Lemelin.

... and Halak's contract next season will not be anything close to 2-3 million. He will be starting for another team and it's going to suck to watch.

Exactly this!

Having a solid tandem is a luxury in this day and age.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

It depends what he wants in the next couple of years. He's getting on in sporting terms so he could want to try and maximize his earnings in the time he has left, or he could be content being a backup pocketing a decent wage with a good team and less stress.

I'm really not sure which way he'd be leaning, but not everyone just wants to chase the money.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It depends what he wants in the next couple of years. He's getting on in sporting terms so he could want to try and maximize his earnings in the time he has left, or he could be content being a backup pocketing a decent wage with a good team and less stress.

I'm really not sure which way he'd be leaning, but not everyone just wants to chase the money.

Indeed. At this point in his career he may want a Cup more than more money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad