Post-Game Talk: GAME 20 - Ft Lauderdale Kittens 5 - BRUINS 2

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Three reasons for the loss, religion, statistics and the animal kingdom. The Hockey Gods, the law of averages and two nearsighted zebras were not on our side. I'll dis-Spence with the excuses, it clearly wasn't our Knight. We had our chances couldn't bury enough of 'em. They got a couple of tips and cashed 'em in. I spent four lonely days in a brown L.A. haze at a Labor Day weekend show back in the 70's and I recall a vendor was hawking Jimmy Buffett t shirts that were identical to the ones the Panthers had on last night.
LOL, I knew that jersey looked familiar.

Reactions: aguineapig

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The way the puck was bouncing tonight on that horrible ice, and getting penalty after penalty messed up the lines to make it very hard to get into sync

If the league ever issued fines for terrible ice and/or terrible officiating, they would've made a shit load of money tonight
Agreed. It would also mean that Jeremy Jacobs would sell the team.:laugh:

“Why do we get fined 40+ times a year? It’s getting expensive.”
“It’s the ice Jerry. It’s the ice.”

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Acie

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2019
Southern Ontario
Three reasons for the loss, religion, statistics and the animal kingdom. The Hockey Gods, the law of averages and two nearsighted zebras were not on our side. I'll dis-Spence with the excuses, it clearly wasn't our Knight. We had our chances couldn't bury enough of 'em. They got a couple of tips and cashed 'em in. I spent four lonely days in a brown L.A. haze at a Labor Day weekend show back in the 70's and I recall a vendor was hawking Jimmy Buffett t shirts that were identical to the ones the Panthers had on last night.

But did you have your hush puppies on?

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and aguineapig

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
True that Carlo could have tied up a stick on the first goal, but Lindholm's terrible decision to chase the play up at the blue line with Marchand & Bergeron already there was what caused that goal. Still, given the opportunity the Panthers made the tic-tac-toe passing play to score.

Zboril blunder ended in a similar way. Florida also scored on two perfect tip-ins. Sometimes good players just make good plays.

Yeah that was a factor for sure. It is what it is. Every player makes mistakes. Forwards have the luxury that most of their errors are very quickly forgotten, but more often when a defender makes one it will result in a puck in your net and everyone starting at you for the wrong reasons. It can be a tough life on D sometimes.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I got 25-5 let’s see how that goes
You have been right about every single thing since the season ended. Waiting on Pasta and what happens with the investigation, but you could be 10-0

Forbort — Carlo

Could make for an, albeit, expensive but solid 5v5 3rd pairing + 1st PK pairing.
Lindholm-McAvoy
Forbort-Clifton
Gryz-Carlo

Championship core.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
One of those funny nights in the NHL. The Bruins lost, the Devils lost and finally snapped their 13-game winning streak, the Yotes hammered and shutout the Canes, the Oilers failed to score on the road for the first time in 56 games, the Ducks beat the Rangers, the Kraken put 8 past the Sharks, and the Canucks beat the Avs. Sometimes things just don't pan out how you would expect/hope.
For what it's worth it was a New Moon last night

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
You have been right about every single thing since the season ended. Waiting on Pasta and what happens with the investigation, but you could be 10-0

Lindholm-McAvoy
Forbort-Clifton
Gryz-Carlo

Championship core.
see i like
gryz mac
lindy cliffy
forbort stralman

thats my top 6

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Almost every game I think the officiating is bad. Not necessarily against my team , just bad. Most nights the bad is balanced or irrelevant. I can appreciate that it's a tough job but they took incompetence to a whole new level last night.

Credit where credit is due the Panthers scored a couple of really nice goals but on both those goals they had no business being on a PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad