GDT: Game 20: Coyotes @ Jets - 6PM - FSAZ - Coyote'em All

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
gVo222Z.png

Too soon for this?

No way, I posted the tank gif. Your pic was earned game three of the year.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I knew we'd be bad but certainly not this bad. The sad part is the changes Toc has made look like he's intentionally trying to get worse. Horrible...

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
I’m a big sportsmanship guy but if you’re gonna be bad at least be tough to play against. If you’re going to get thundered by a team you gotta make them wake up the next day knowing they played someone. These Coyotes are just (slightly) active pylons.

Bad AND soft is a hell of a combo.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I’m a big sportsmanship guy but if you’re gonna be bad at least be tough to play against. If you’re going to get thundered by a team you gotta make them wake up the next day knowing they played someone. These Coyotes are just (slightly) active pylons.

Bad AND soft is a hell of a combo.

Starts with Goligoski and Stepan. Continues with Schenn, Kempe, and KConn, who just aren't NHLers. Can't win when half your roster don't care and the other half are headcases like OEL.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I successfully quit smoking cigarettes. Actually took it even further. Been tobacco free for three years now. Two weeks ago I took my last puff from my electronic cigarette.

I regret this because the Coyotes will give me cancer before the cigarettes would've. This is just awful. I feel so empty.

I never really experimented with illicit substances when I was young, but I'm about one more blown lead away from taking up a serious hard drug habit, just to cope with this trash.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Starts with Goligoski and Stepan. Continues with Schenn, Kempe, and KConn, who just aren't NHLers. Can't win when half your roster don't care and the other half are headcases like OEL.
We get pushed around left and right. Tocchet has lost the room.

Reactions: Conor Clancey

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Since we can’t fire the entire team it stands to reason we should fire the coach.

Clearly the players aren’t responding to the head coach.

You have been on the fire RT bandwagon for awhile now. I blamed the players at the start of the season, but as of now I'm at a loss for words. This team should not be this bad, and I don't know if it's coaching or our talent level. :dunno:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
There needs to be a players only meeting or something. This team lacks leadership and someone, ****ing anyone needs to step up. I don't give a crap if its Rinaldo.

Usually, the Captain calls for a players only meeting but we don't have one.

We need to trade OEL for quality NHL ready prospects. We can't trade him for anyone with development remaining.

Trading OEL would be stupid.

Entertaining hockey.

:laugh:

Somebody should give Trouba a shot for that stick to the face of Keller

Should have been a penalty, but you are right, someone had to go after Trouba.

Fire everyone. Relocate to rural Ireland.

We did that already. AB made his bed and now he is laying in it, and now he is finding out how hard it is to run a successful NHL franchise.

Reactions: doaner

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jets made countless defensive mistakes, yet their goalie made the saves to keep them in. It's the NHL. The goalie is expected to do more than just stop what he can see. Goal #2 should never have gone in. Goal #3, breakaway, we needed him to make a big play. He didn't. Actually, he didn't make ONE big save.

I don't blame Raanta for the loss, but like you said, your goalie has to make that one big save. Their goalie out played ours, but the team overall was badly out played and out coached.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
You have been on the fire RT bandwagon for awhile now. I blamed the players at the start of the season, but as of now I'm at a loss for words. This team should not be this bad, and I don't know if it's coaching or our talent level. :dunno:

The players are always the ones who need to execute on the ice, the coaches need to set the players up for success. I have not seen that thus far this season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The players are always the ones who need to execute on the ice, the coaches need to set the players up for success. I have not seen that thus far this season.

They are actually generating good chances and playing well inside the new 'system'. They've just been boned by bad individual performances, in part due to injuries and a shallow roster to begin with. Players like Martinook and Rieder have clearly regressed. Guys like Domi and OEL are headcases right now. Nobody is shooting the puck extremely well. They just can't shake the funk of that awful start. It may take some trades to shake free from it. Possibly some major ones.

Playing Kempe on the top line isn't doing RT any favors. I sometimes wonder if Chayka ever advises coaches on deployment, because it sure as hell doesn't look like it to me.

Reactions: Yandover

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Tocchet made a couple of interesting post-game comments. He said first that a couple of players are not playing the system and it's making him mad. Then he said, "We have to play a perfect game to win."

cobra427

May 6, 2012
0-20, NHL record. How can you keep the coach? We have way more talent then last year. We can only blame the goal tending for so long. I knew there was huge risk in replacing an experienced coach that got more with less, and replacing him with an inexperienced head coach. I thought it could be a mistake but didn't imagine this big of a disaster. Barroway/Chayka created this mess, both inexperienced. Now what?

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
There are a handful of players who don't get the system and who need to go.

Rieder, Martinook, KConn, Schenn would be a good start.
What is more valuable Rieder, Martinook, KConn, Schenn or Rick Tocchet? Two of those guys are replacement level, sure, but the other two probably show that it is more of a coaching issue. I think you could easily add Stepan to that list and maybe some others with makes the player side outweigh the coach side by a great bit. Tocchet still has not proven anything as a head coach, and I would hope he is on the hot seat at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad