GDT: Game #20: Coyotes @ Golden Knights | 8:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
If we lose, I'm blaming @TheLegend

Series Notes:
Tonight is the first of three matchups and the Coyotes only trip to Vegas this year.
All time the Coyotes have an 8-13-0-5 (W-L-T-OTL) against the Golden Knights including a 3-9-0-2 record in Vegas.

Last 10:
Coyotes are 4-5-1 in their 10 but come into tonight on a 3 game losing streak.
The Golden Knights are 5-4-1 in their last 10 but enter on a 1 game winning streak.

Last edited:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Here's hoping we get a solid effort tonight and hopefully Cooley will have found some chemistry w/Keller & Schmaltz during practice...it would be nice if that line meshed together, although in the future, because Keller & Schmaltz both like the puck that Geekie in that #1C spot would probably be a better fit.

Keller/Geekie/Schmaltz
Doan/Cooley/Guenther (seems like a potentially good line)
Maccelli/Bjugstad/Crouse
LOB/McBain/Carcone (LOB until we find someone better who can fill that roll, someone like a Foligno)

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Here's hoping we get a solid effort tonight and hopefully Cooley will have found some chemistry w/Keller & Schmaltz during practice...it would be nice if that line meshed together, although in the future, because Keller & Schmaltz both like the puck that Geekie in that #1C spot would probably be a better fit.

Keller/Geekie/Schmaltz
Doan/Cooley/Guenther (seems like a potentially good line)
Maccelli/Bjugstad/Crouse
LOB/McBain/Carcone (LOB until we find someone better who can fill that roll, someone like a Foligno)
It would be nice if Geekie could slot into that spot next season. I know that's asking a lot and ideally he'd spend a year in Tucson, but stranger things have happened. He's big and will have had two seasons of development post draft. You never know. Guenther, Geekie and Doan next season. But, Simachev and Lamoureux the following and the 2024 draft pick in '26/'27.. That's seven solid rookies added in the next three seasons.
When the rest of you realize that we aren't a playoff team this season, we can throw this season in the trash can and start the tank back up so we get something in the top ten range instead of picking around 12-15.

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
It would be nice if Geekie could slot into that spot next season. I know that's asking a lot and ideally he'd spend a year in Tucson, but stranger things have happened. He's big and will have had two seasons of development post draft. You never know. Guenther, Geekie and Doan next season. But, Simachev and Lamoureux the following and the 2024 draft pick in '26/'27.. That's seven solid rookies added in the next three seasons.
When the rest of you realize that we aren't a playoff team this season, we can throw this season in the trash can and start the tank back up so we get something in the top ten range instead of picking around 12-15.
there is too much talent to tank they are pro athletes wanting to win, GMBA can trade zuck, dumba, and the other upcoming UFA but they are still are not bottom 6 team. play hard continue to develop and make or miss playoffs but grow for next season and beyond.

finkelsteinberg

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
there is too much talent to tank they are pro athletes wanting to win, GMBA can trade zuck, dumba, and the other upcoming UFA but they are still are not bottom 6 team. play hard continue to develop and make or miss playoffs but grow for next season and beyond.
As of now, not sure who is taking Dumba off our hands even with his contract expiring. I guess if we do maximum retention a contender may take a chance but the return will be negligible. For the Yotes though, it may be addition by subtraction.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm willing to hold the course for the rest of the season and let the professional athletes and fate do their thing.

BA built an improved roster (on paper) over last season's. It's on these same competitive, professional athletes to compete every night, spend less time in the penalty box, cut down on the turnovers, etc., etc. Cleaning up their game will have a huge impact on the W column.

Last edited:

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I'm willing to hold the course for the rest of the season and let the professional athletes and fate do their thing.

BA built an improved roster (on paper) over last season's. It's on these same competitive, professional athletes to compete every night, spend less time in the penalty box, cut down on the turnovers, etc., etc. Cleaning up their game will have a huge impact on the W column.
I agree and get all that. With injuries, BA selling at the tdl, no depth and Cooley getting cold, the tank will happen on its own. I'm not caring about wins and losses at this point.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I don't want them to tank...but I'm sure we're not making the playoffs, so we will get a pick within top 16, so I'd rather have a pick at #12 rather than #16, that's all I'm saying.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The defense, as constructed, was bottom 5-10.

I’m ok with moving some surplus picks to acquire a guy who’s 26-27 years old, and under contract. Someone who can help solidly the middle of the lineup. Thinking of Jacob Middleton or Mario Ferraro.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I might be willing to trade the ‘25 and ‘26 2nds we got from NYR for taking on Nemeth for Jacob Middleton.

Wild fans seem willing. Not sure Guerin would do it, though.

I do like the idea of the change of culture Middleton could bring to this blueline. It’s a shift in identity, I think. A big, mean, solid, vocal addition to the 4-5 slot.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
There's nobody worth tanking for in this year's draft class.

Thanks but no thanks.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
If we lose, I'm blaming @TheLegend
IMG_3591.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad