GDT: Game 20 - Blue Jackets vs Blackhawks - "Why Does It Seem Like Every Game is In-Division" - 2/22 7 PM

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
upload_2021-2-23_21-57-3.png

Interesting scores for Carlsson, and Stenlund. Savard is just not good anymore.

Reactions: PhilJets and DJA

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If they go back to this bs dump and chase hockey against other teams where we we're too afraid to skate the puck like we did after we won that 6-5 CHI game, I'm saying there's no hope for this team. That was actually an entertaining and fun team to watch. A game we can build off and how this team should be playing at least offensively. Should have won but hey it's Columbus and we find ways to lose. I expect more of that and if Torts calls that a terrible game he needs to go, it was bad defensively but I saw more confidence offensively out of our players in the 2nd and 3rd period than I did all year. On to the next.
Amazing when they play , and not think . I still have no clue how you roll with Savard , Harrington , Gav, and Carlsson against Chicago , that can skate . Kukan should have played for Harrington
They out shot Chicago 5-1 in OT. The players had chances and didn't finish. Why is it on Torts? Is he supposed to shoot for them too?
Because they looked like they haven’t practiced for a shootout all season .. overtime for that matter as well , aside from Texier . Any way you can win a game , you better be practicing it , especially since every game is in division . To me it’s just foolish to continually lose the same way , and not try to improve that part of your game ... it could be the difference between making it , and not making it .

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Because they looked like they haven’t practiced for a shootout all season .. overtime for that matter as well , aside from Texier . Any way you can win a game , you better be practicing it , especially since every game is in division . To me it’s just foolish to continually lose the same way , and not try to improve that part of your game ... it could be the difference between making it , and not making it .
So how is Torts supposed to coach someone on a penalty shot. Two guys lost control of the puck and the other was a lame shot. Putting that on Torts not practicing the shootout is ludicrous.

Reactions: Fro

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So how is Torts supposed to coach someone on a penalty shot. Two guys lost control of the puck and the other was a lame shot. Putting that on Torts not practicing the shootout is ludicrous.
How do basketball players get better at shooting free throws ... practice .. and often it’s difference between winning and losing . We had 4 shootout attempts , not one was close . Why is Tex not shooting ?

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
How do basketball players get better at shooting free throws ... practice .. and often it’s difference between winning and losing . We had 4 shootout attempts , not one was close . Why is Tex not shooting ?

Maybe they've practised and they just suck?

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
It`s difficult to play in offense if deffensmen can`t pass. Torts can`t teach some players make with puck what they should learn in the children hockey school. I can understand Peeke and Carlsson they`re young and most likely they are afraid of making a mistake, but Gavrikov and Savard? Savard was a Chicago agent in our ranks, and I can't understand his actions any other way. IMHO, he should be benched.
By the way I wouldn't blame Korpisalo, it's not his fault that it is a mess before him.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad