GDT: Game 20: Anaheim @ Flo-rida, 4:30 p.m. Left Coast Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I went to bed after the first period, because I start a 15 hour shift in a couple of hours. Glad I did. I was gonna jinx the game for all you Magnusists when I left, but I see things took care of themselves. :sarcasm:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Not sure where to post this.... 68 goals in 20 games? Is that a typo?.... nyet...

Unreal dudes... I remember 20 years ago you guys with those quacking Ducks in the pond, no more... awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Great organization...

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I went to bed after the first period, because I start a 15 hour shift in a couple of hours. Glad I did. I was gonna jinx the game for all you Magnusists when I left, but I see things took care of themselves. :sarcasm:

I actually had an alarm to wake me up at 2:30am but I just turned it off once I woke up :laugh:. Then I saw a dream where the Ducks lost 4-9, I was a bit relieved to see them lose only by 2-3.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I was up when it was 1:0, thought it`d be it. Was pretty much pissed to woke up and see 2:3 :laugh:

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Dan Wood‏@Duckscolorman19m
Dan Winnik also absent from #NHLDucks practice. Told he's the latest victim of illness. @kylepalmieri and Jonas Hiller are, however, on ice.
Ugh...here we go

Oct 18, 2011
this seems to happen every year, it makes no sense it's been ****ing 70 degrees in southern california since the season started!

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
this seems to happen every year, it makes no sense it's been ****ing 70 degrees in southern california since the season started!

You realize the cold or heat have nothing to do with a flu right? Its like germs.. it gets spread across.. Hiller had it and now everyone will be affected by it...

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
This does seem to happen every year. I hope they all get flu shots, but the team is probably not allowed to force it.

One has to wonder if there's anything they can do otherwise to help this. Make hand sanitizer available during bus/plane trips? Purify the air or something? Disinfect the locker rooms before each game?

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
You mean last night's game wasn't a nightmare.

I swear to you that I had a dream the other night, after the win against Vancouver, that the Canucks came back and won that game. I feel exactly like I feel now.

Anyway, I will blame the loss on the injuries.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
This does seem to happen every year. I hope they all get flu shots, but the team is probably not allowed to force it.

One has to wonder if there's anything they can do otherwise to help this. Make hand sanitizer available during bus/plane trips? Purify the air or something? Disinfect the locker rooms before each game?

buy them all gas masks and make them ware them at all times when not on the ice.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You guys realize that a "stomach flu" isn't THE flu, right? It's just a catch all term for gastroenteritis, and can be due to bacteria, a number of viruses (which have no vaccines), parasites, etc. - all it takes is exposure. If they were getting influenza they'd be out for weeks, not days, and they'd be sent home to avoid exposing everyone.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
You guys realize that a "stomach flu" isn't THE flu, right? It's just a catch all term for gastroenteritis, and can be due to bacteria, a number of viruses (which have no vaccines), parasites, etc. - all it takes is exposure. If they were getting influenza they'd be out for weeks, not days, and they'd be sent home to avoid exposing everyone.

Hmm, putting two and two together I'm sensing that what they all have was quite possibly caught from you? You are to blame for this?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Why don't they try Vatanen at forward? serious question.

Put Vatanen up front and you take away his biggest strength which is his ability to skate the puck out of danger from the defensive zone. Not to mention forwards have to be a lot better at controlling the puck along the boards and winning board battles than defensemen. It's a completely different game up front.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA

That's how you get sick. ;) Germs are youre friend. Eat food off the floor, don't wash your hands 80 times a day, etc. Works for me and I never get a flu shot.

when you get the flu you get it for weeks? i've never been sick for weeks in my entire life.

DaDucks*

You mean when I have to •••• my pants it's because of parasites? Gross

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
I feel like this flu thing happens every season. Probably because they travel a lot and are in close proximity usually with each other, so if one gets it, it then spreads like wildfire. Too bad it's happening at the same time as all our other injuries.

I wonder if we'll see this team healthy even once this season.

Backpack

Sep 24, 2011
Baldwin Hills
That's how you get sick. ;) Germs are youre friend. Eat food off the floor, don't wash your hands 80 times a day, etc. Works for me and I never get a flu shot.

when you get the flu you get it for weeks? i've never been sick for weeks in my entire life.

exactly. you need to exercise your immune system just like you need to exercise your muscles.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Why don't they try Vatanen at forward? serious question.

These plays are exactly why we don't try him as a forward.

A defenseman can pick his spots, and he is given the extra time and space to make these types of plays. As a forward, Vatanen doesn't get this kind of room, and he can't just pick and choose when to get involved. The offensive part of the game for a defenseman is much different than it is for a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad