BRUINS GDT GAME 20 1:08 PM - NEW YORK, NEW YORK - NESN, NHLN ( NO ESPN+), SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If the roster doesn’t look like the toughness we had in 2011 or 2013, they won’t win in the playoffs. This is a good team we have but they aren’t there yet and if the goalies have any struggles we see games like the last 2….IMO…..we get this kind of results……but we have seen them forwards coast a lot the last 2 days.

Why are we even talking about the need for the BOSTON BRUINS to add toughness?
Because these BOSTON BRUINS are soft.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Do they play zone or man on defense? They surely get confused on assignments. Then they just try to shoot it out because they aren’t hitting and skating.

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
Bruins will need some help before the TDL. It will be difficult because the only player they have of value, who can be traded, is Ullmark.

I think they may pick up a complementary player or two but won’t make any big moves. They don’t have the cap space or the assets, and I’d rather they not trade away any more draft picks given their need to acquire more prospects in key areas.

This year is a pleasant surprise so far. I think most of us had them pegged at #6-#8 in the conference before the season began. And with all the cap space set to be available next year, I’m not sure if this is a team I’d go “all in” on.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
5 games in 8 days. 3 road. 2 home. Home not even back to back. So travel for all 5 games. Throw in Thanksgiving. It’s a long season.
Yep. Bs worn down a bit physically and mentally ATM. Plus the NYR are playing awesome hockey and are one of the best few teams in the league. Crappy game today for the Bs. We got spoiled by last season's non-stop winning.

Reactions: bob77

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
They need to do a lot of video work for Columbus and then you give them Tuesday off and have a real hard practice Wednesday and a morning skate Thursday prior to San Jose.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I think they may pick up a complementary player or two but won’t make any big moves. They don’t have the cap space or the assets, and I’d rather they not trade away any more draft picks given their need to acquire more prospects in key areas.

This year is a pleasant surprise so far. I think most of us had them pegged at #6-#8 in the conference before the season began. And with all the cap space set to be available next year, I’m not sure if this is a team I’d go “all in” on.
I can't help but wonder what the BRUINS could have gotten from the Oilers for Ullmark?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Well they added alot of 1 year contracts with eyes squarely on off season and a centre .Where are they strongest to make a trade.Yup in nets but Ullmark has 16 team NTC so maybe ride it out with eyes on next season but hope this season with what they have.Poistras here and seeing Lohrei its a win already. House money this season baby :thumbu:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If the roster doesn’t look like the toughness we had in 2011 or 2013, they won’t win in the playoffs. This is a good team we have but they aren’t there yet and if the goalies have any struggles we see games like the last 2….IMO…..we get this kind of results……but we have seen them forwards coast a lot the last 2 days.

Why are we even talking about the need for the BOSTON BRUINS to add toughness?
in the easy they will need ti get tougher to beat Rags or Bolts.
To beat the Devils or Leafs the Bruins current line up dies that.
Who else is in the east Canes ? They physically scare nobody.
But the west ? Ha! Knights , Stars, Kings, roll four lines and play a physical style to Bruins would not hold up against .....as it stands today.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Jacob Trouba’s deserves a suspension for the two handed to Frederic’s head

OMG Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events