BRUINS GDT GAME 20 1:08 PM - NEW YORK, NEW YORK - NESN, NHLN ( NO ESPN+), SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

1700901225021.png

1700901442355.png

TODAY'S OFFICIALS

1700902433111.png
1700903286911.png

Referees Jordan Samuels-Thomas (42), Francis Charron (6)
Linespersons Ryan Daisy (81), Devin Berg (87)

TODAY’s GAME -The Bruins visit the Rangers today in the first of three games between these teams this season and Boston’s lone game at Madison Square Garden this year ... The Bruins are 14-2-3 overall this season and they are 7-1-2 on the road ... They are 7-2-2 in games vs. Eastern Conference teams this season. - The Bruins play today their second of 11 matinees this season (local time 4:00 pm or earlier) ... They have an 0-1-0 record in afternoon games so far. - They close today their second of 12 sets of back-to-back games this season (5-2 loss yesterday vs. Detroit) ... They are currently 1-1-0 in the frst game of those sets and 1-0-0 in the second games so far. -The Bruins play at NY Rangers this afternoon and conclude their two-game trip at Columbus on 11/27 ... They will then return home to host San Jose on 11/30.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - James van Riemsdyk is 1 assist shy of his 300th NHL assist. - Charlie McAvoy is 1 assist short of his 200th NHL assist. - Jeremy Swayman is 2 games short of his 100th NHL game. - Kevin Shattenkirk is 3 goals short of his 100th NHL goal. - Pavel Zacha is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal. - Brandon Carlo is 3 games shy of his 500th NHL game. - Charlie McAvoy is 5 games short of his 400th NHL game. - Derek Forbort is 7 points short of his 100th NHL point. - Matt Grzelcyk is 9 games shy of his 400th NHL game.

INJURIES (37 man-games lost) - None reported

BOSTON vs NEW YORK RANGERS, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Rangers are meeting for the 667th time in their histories with a 305-252-97-12 mark and a 2,091-1,928 scoring edge in those games. - The Bruins are 129-146-55-5 lifetime in 335 at Madison Square Garden with New York holding a 1,015-937 scoring advantage in those contests. - The Bruins are 4-0-1 in their last fve games between these teams.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Bruins had better give it their best today after the lackadaisical "effort" yesterday. I hope JVR is back in the lineup and if Pasta needs some time off, give it to him now. Three games in 4 days can take a toll.

Trouba will be hunting Bruins, I hope the boys are ready, especially Poitras. How about some physicality to start the game and set the tone?

Don't frustrate us two days in a row! Get a regulation win, don't ruin our Saturdays!!

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
In a cap league, what fanbase isn’t yearning for a top 6 forward?

Or maybe it’s a top 4 defenseman, or a legitimate goaltender.

The Bruins aren’t as good as their record, and yet they’ve managed to find a way most nights.

Off night last night, and now an immediate opportunity to right the ship.

Couldn’t ask for more.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Going to be missing this one. Today is my Uncles funeral. I might dvr it. Hopefully it'll cheer me up. I don't do funerals. And if I could skip it I would. I just get too depressed and sad. But I'm going to push through and honor my Uncle. Send some good vibes and prayers my way.

That being said. Just win. No injuries.

You already know the drill
giphy.gif

friendofcharliecoyle

Nov 24, 2023
Curious to see the line up...
Brad Marchand -- Pavel Zacha -- David Pastrnak

James van Riemsdyk -- Charlie Coyle -- Trent Frederic

Jake DeBrusk -- Matthew Poitras -- Morgan Geekie

Danton Heinen -- John Beecher -- Oskar Steen

Matt Grzelcyk -- Charlie McAvoy

Hampus Lindholm -- Brandon Carlo

Derek Forbort -- Kevin Shattenkirk

Linus Ullmark

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Good morning from Manhattan, will be in section 208 today, section 119 tonight. Spent a long afternoon at Stout bar watching the B's, then the wild UMass-Harvard game. Both B's and Rangers on a back-to-back, otherwise I would be very worried.
You know what to do. Cheer loud for our boys and have a blast!

Brad Marchand -- Pavel Zacha -- David Pastrnak

James van Riemsdyk -- Charlie Coyle -- Trent Frederic

Jake DeBrusk -- Matthew Poitras -- Morgan Geekie

Danton Heinen -- John Beecher -- Oskar Steen

Matt Grzelcyk -- Charlie McAvoy

Hampus Lindholm -- Brandon Carlo

Derek Forbort -- Kevin Shattenkirk

Linus Ullmark
Happy to see JVR back in

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
a matinee game after Thanksgiving is always problematic but today against the Rangers should be more objective look at the Bs

it's still early in the season but this type of match- up (original six, versus hot team after a loss) can be a good way of getting a handle and more importantly beginning to identify where there are needs to tinker/ upgrade

should be interesting

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
With this team this year I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win 4-1 and dominate the Rangers. They play well after they lay an egg, like yesterday. What I would really like to see is a game where we don’t need to have our goalies save our bacon. Dominate the play vs the key stone cops at times in our own end too. Hope the big boys really have a big game today (Jake, Pasta, The Captain and the two Chuckie’s)

Let’s go Bruins!

friendofcharliecoyle

Nov 24, 2023
If the bruins take a ton of penalties they might lose but otherwise I’d say we have a fairly good chance of winning. Fully healthy lineup and we haven’t had two really bad games in a row in years basically? Also quick is definitely mortal, despite the fact that he’s played great for them in like 6 games. Last year he was looking like it was time to retire. He’s bound to have a bad game eventually. It could be today.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad