GDT: Game #2 Sabres @ Islanders 7:30PM MSG/WGR

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Sabres and Bills really leave me wondering how good both teams could be if they came out with energy every game. I don't get how you can play a game, make a ton of money doing so and then just decide with hundreds of thousands of people watching go "nah, I'm just not feeling it today"

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
This league has ruined a great game. Absolutely bush league officiating and rules enforcement. This is why I won’t spring for ESPN+ or anything else. f*** them

I'm at the point where I just may resume my couple years boycott. Why would I continue to even waste time with these farcical events.

Reactions: oldgoalie

hypaspazz

Jan 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Sabres need to protest by not returning from the 2nd intermission if the refs are like this next time. It is a matter of PLAYER SAFETY.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
If I didn’t know any better I would have thought the refs put their thumbs on the scale to help the Islanders win their home opener.

How well connected is Lou Lamoriello?

(takes off tin foil hat)

Reactions: BuffaloMango

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
marty’s right. if they’re consistent with those types of offsides situations, fine. but more often than not it seems like the league always manages to create a million double standards when any semblance of nuance is applied. they’ll call it multiple ways throughout the year, with zero explanation. it’s a sure thing

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I'm watching the Avalanche PP (vs Sharks) as a result of a legitimate obvious call and the passing and releases are so quick and smooth.

Makes me realize how far away the Sabres are currently from contending and how poor the officiating was vs the Islanders.

Man! That was a terribly officiated game...... Sabres were scammed big time.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Did Greenway Benson Mitts play more pre-season games then the rest? they are the only ones looking like nhl players this 2 games.

I think it was 2 total but it may have just been the finale against Pittsburgh.

Also consider Greenway has something to prove off last season, Mitts doesn't have the extension, and Benson is just dogged in general. It's in their nature.

Reactions: deVolt

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm watching the Avalanche PP (vs Sharks) as a result of a legitimate obvious call and the passing and releases are so quick and smooth.

Makes me realize how far away the Sabres are currently from contending and how poor the officiating was vs the Islanders.

I'm disgusted enough that I have shut everything off and won't watch any more NHL tonight. I probably won't watch the highlights tomorrow either.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
gotta love how ever more brazen duffer has gotten with criticizing the refs through the years. it’s nice that someone is at least able to acknowledge the utter incompetence of the officiating in this league.

people think the nfl is bad, but at least there is some rhyme or reason to it most of the time. seems like the nhl will just completely change rules from game to game, and it really just serves to damage the product

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad