GDT: Game 2: Pens vs. Caps|8 ET on CBC, NBC, TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
Elbow to the head which knocks off a helmet. Multiple cross checks to the back, knocking 72 to the ice. Slashing 72 while he's on the ice and punching him to the head for good measure.

Great job NHL.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm expecting an avalanche of Washington power plays in the 3rd.

What happened on the PP is on the Pens. The Caps PK is cheating to take away the pass to Malkin at the point. They are daring Kessel to go elsewhere. Thing is, the Pens SHOULD adjust what they're doing down low. They have the numbers advantage there because of how the Caps are cheating. But, they're changing nothing to exploit what the Caps have given them. Just so stupid.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Eric Fehr is the softest 6 foot 5 player I've ever seen. Ship his ass out in the offseason. He's getting badly outplayed by the slightly cheaper Bonino.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Richards you frickin a-hole.

All in all though I like the way we're playing this game so far. Really good job moving and possessing the puck. Best way to beat the Capitals' offense is don't give it to them. Lot of the younger guys really showing patience with the puck and waiting that extra second to make a good flip pass or whatnot to get it out of the zone.

Also that Murray - Letang pass combo to spring (Bonino I think) was unbelievable. Holy **** was awesome puck movement on that one.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Crosby really needs to bury that. PP is mediocre, but the problem remains our point shot, nobody respects it (because it doesn't need to be). They focus on Malkin, so our only cannon is moot. Kessel does some nice things, but without that threat from the other side or the middle, the PK can cheat a bit. Really need to address that this offseason (how good is Pouliot's shot from the point?).

Obviously a good period by the Penguins, but that small lead has all the makings of a heartbreaker once more. If the PP bites them in the ass, it could be quite demoralising. Lets win this one!

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Promote Kuhn to Malkin and move Kunitz down with Cullen. Or swap Hagelin with Kunitz. Gotta get Malkin going this third

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Wilson has been invisible. Not a single hit. Few hits by any of the Caps other than that cheap shot by Orpik.

I wonder if they are on notice, or is it an adjustment by the Pens?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think the Pens have found something... the Caps are going to the boards to take away our cycle away and leaving the front WIDE open.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
This has a 3rd full of makeup calls into multiple powerplay goals written all over it. 0-5+ will be the storyline after the game almost guaranteed, unless they're extremely lucky and somehow shut them out.

Hockey gods and all that bs.

Not sure what side you think deserves make-up calls but the refs are pretty much staying out of this one. They could've given Orpik a Game Misconduct and the goalie interference call was a no-brainer. I see the Caps faithful as a group still have a hard time with rules interpretation. :laugh: Guy was basically sitting on Murray's head and they can't figure out why it was goalie interference. Trotz too. Surprised he was arguining at all.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
A second goal would be so huge obviously. With any luck we'll get it early on in the third.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yea they aren't setting up the Geno one timer enough on the PP.
Being too cute.
Too much up top play.

The Caps are taking it away. Cheating to it. You have two options:

1. Player movement to open something up.

2. Attack low with numbers and exploit the Caps cheating high.

Instead, what the Pens are doing, instead of adjusting how they attack on the PP, is trying to regroup things high with Letang, which gives the PK time to recover its positioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad