Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Today's game features Phil Kessel and the Penguins of Pittsburgh :pens

kessel092215_672b.jpg

[size=+3]VS.[/size]

Max Domi and the Coyotes of Arizona :coyotes

Max_Domi_Goal.jpg

Essentials:​

The game will take place at 7:00 Mountain Standard Time in Glendale, Arizona at Gila River Arena. If you are going to the game, the Coyotes have an image on their website which they will cue fans to show as the players come onto the ice. http://coyotes.nhl.com/v2/ext/app/howl.html

14-08172012-502e84c080795.jpeg

TV: Fox Sports Arizona

Radio: Here in the valley it will be on ESPN 620 AM

The Rundown​

The boys are coming into this one feeling pretty good after a "convincing" (as so eloquently stated on the Coyotes' website) 4-1 victory over LA. Max Domi, expected to flounder in the absence of his muse, Sam Reinhart, instead flourished as he had a goal and assist to cap his NHL debut. Anthony Duclair also impressed with his speed and creativity, but saw limited ice time after a few turnovers and a bad penalty (Kyle Chipchura and Michael Stone received no such treatment). Mike Smith, after performing Buddhist meditation for eight straight hours before the game at the recommendation of his sports psychologist, played a great game. In his post-game interview, "Shmitty" gave credit to the Dalai Lama, Georges Vezina, Sportsnet broadcasters, and Ban Ki-Moon. He said the gold medal he won at the World Championship this past summer allowed to refocus and change his perspective. Asked how to describe how he felt out there, he simply responded, "enlightened". The Coyotes prospects were also feeling it last night as they padded their stat sheets. Maxim Letunov scored a hat trick in his NCAA debut, ripping one of the cross bar for his first goal. Dylan Strome had 5 assists in a 7-2 beatdown of Niagara (Brendan Perlini had one of Niagara's goals). Christian Dvorak also scored in London's win. All of this is contributing to a good mood as the Coyotes prepare to take on the Pittsburgh Penguins, a team with an all-world forward lineup and an all-AHL defense lineup. One can't mention the Penguins without mentioning their acquisition of Olympian Phil Kessel, who is still looking for his first point as a Penguin despite looking dangerous in their 3-0 shutout at the hands of the Stars. The Coyotes will try to stop him as they look to put on a good display for their home opener. They want you to be watching FSN AZ, not some shady internet stream of the Swiss NLA. And surely they don't want to be booed, a fate the Kings were subjected too by their long-time loyal and patient fans. All of this makes for an intriguing game tonight.

:coyotes ARIZONA COYOTES :coyotes

https://twitter.com/azc_mclellan

No morning skate so we won't know until puck drop. Smith expected to start.

:pens Pittsburgh Penguins :pens

Couldn't find their lines anywhere either.

This Thread Is

BAN_Ki-moon_picture.jpg

Ban Ki-Moon approved!

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I'm pretty excited for this game. I'll be in 210 row I.

Prediction: OEL first goal. Coyotes fall 4 to 2.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I really hate so much about Pittsburgh and that includes the Steelers and the Pirates. But at the same time I want the team stay in the running for a much needed player in the draft.

Here's to hoping our youth play well and actually play. Don't bench the youth Tippett.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Questions:

Can we keep scoring? (4 goals on 10 shots again is highly unlikely)

Will we be able to keep the Pens from scoring? (They were shutout in Dallas)

I'm going with "Yes" on both.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I like this GDT. Nice.

I'll be at the game (I'm always excited for a home opener), most likely sans the coyote eyes app thingy. I am interested in seeing the receptions that Domi, Tip, and maybe Smith receive from the crowd. Wondering if the excitement is there for the former and if the other two have fallen out of favor at all yet.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
I love the feeling of games that matter. It's been a while. The fact that they somehow beat up the Kings in the opener gives an optimist like me some kind of hope that they're going to have a decent season. Let's play meaningful hockey for at least a few months. Go Yotes!

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Don't for get that Marner also carried Domi for the Knights. It's a wonder he can tie his shoes himself without Sam and Mitch there to help him out.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I think the idea is you show it when the lights are off and the other team is coming out so it's like at night when you see a bunch of eyes. Kind of a cool idea IMO, I just don't see it working well when half the crowd will be rival fans.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
**** it, let's keep winning until the tank eventually rolls over the hill.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Um yeah I'm not going to do that.

I mean, it's not the biggest favor in the world to do it, ya know? Sort of like howling after goals. It's an app you download and hold up once a game.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I mean, it's not the biggest favor in the world to do it, ya know? Sort of like howling after goals. It's an app you download and hold up once a game.

It's not even an app - it's a JPG you download to your phone.

I downloaded it but I'm not going to be much help, because my screen timeout will shut the eyes prematurely. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad