Pre-Game Talk: Game 2 of the Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I want Bunting in bad! But we may be best to let him rest until Friday. Clifford suspension gives Spezza a chance to play, and you know he wants it bad. If Bunting is in, I don't see how you can pull Simmer for Spez and not have either Simmonds or Clifford in a game when you know they'll be coming at us harder. Tell Bunting to give it an extra couple of days, as much as we love him, I'd rather see him in to stay than rush back in.
Kerfoot-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Tavares-Kase
Engvall-Kampf-Nylander
Blackwell-Spezza-Simmonds

This is my best guess for game 2.
Can't wait to get it going again. Last night was a blast

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
No.

Against the Islanders they were soundly outplayed but Vasi kept them in
Tampa is great at being the hammer but not good at being the nail.

When they got swept in 2019 every game was Columbus pushing the pace and physicality on them and not letting up. Islanders did the same thing and so did Florida to an extent.

Then they had a matchup like Carolina who just sat back and was reactive to what Tampa was doing and they just got smashed.

Reactions: Mattfan02

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Bunting was probably playing over Clifford anyway. I'd be shocked if he isn't in.

But I will say how sad it is that Spurgeon got fined for his attempt to injure, while Clifford got a game for a bad hit.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I want Bunting in bad! But we may be best to let him rest until Friday. Clifford suspension gives Spezza a chance to play, and you know he wants it bad. If Bunting is in, I don't see how you can pull Simmer for Spez and not have either Simmonds or Clifford in a game when you know they'll be coming at us harder. Tell Bunting to give it an extra couple of days, as much as we love him, I'd rather see him in to stay than rush back in.
Kerfoot-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Tavares-Kase
Engvall-Kampf-Nylander
Blackwell-Spezza-Simmonds

This is my best guess for game 2.
Can't wait to get it going again. Last night was a blast

We don't have a single clue about the nature of Bunting's injury. To suggest he would benefit from a few days of extra rest, without knowing what's wrong with him, is odd.

It's the playoffs. Best lineup please.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Just win. Keep this momentum. Get in Kucherov's head and have Vasi crowded. I want to see him get pulled in this series. Will shatter his confidence.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Bunting - Mathews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Mikheyev
Engvall - Kampf - Nylander
Kase - Blackwell - Simmonds

Most likely forward lines tomorrow
Kase over Kampf on the 4th line seems like a waste tbh. Would like to see:

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Kase
Engvall - Kerfoot - Nylander
Blackwell - Kampf - Simmonds

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
This Rangers game is already overly physical and Pens don't have a Clifford or Simmonds to at least respond.

Rangers have become quite liberal with their hits since they picked up Reaves and Vegas lost some of their mojo (though injuries destroyed their season).

Until the league comes as hard on other teams as they do the Leafs, this will continue, especially in the playoffs.
Post automatically merged:

Game 5, 6, 7 will be the hardest, not game 2.

All the more reason to respond in kind to any physicality from the Bolts and take advantage of home ice. T.B needs to be worn down by then.

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
how confident or pessimistic we are as fans has 0 impact on how the leafs play. ive never understood that warning(dont get too confident/cocky) for people who arent actually on the ice lol

Maybe - but players absolutely feed off the energy in the building.

Last night, the place was an energized powder keg looking for any excuse to explode.

Also last night, Rogers Place was a nervous, tense place which clearly fed into the Oilers for the entire first period

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
We don't have a single clue about the nature of Bunting's injury. To suggest he would benefit from a few days of extra rest, without knowing what's wrong with him, is odd.

It's the playoffs. Best lineup please.
Any injury, of any degree, medically is beneficial to receive extra rest. You'd be stronger on day 12, than on day 10. It's not at all odd, it's life

Reactions: ClarkSittler

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
anyone see Jon Coopers comments?
“I’m not so sure the Maple Leafs had to play particularly well to beat us… We probably gave them a bit of a freebie”
I guess if you want to call getting out played in every aspect of the game a freebie.... seems kinda like he's downplaying how much we outplayed them doesnt it?

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Maybe - but players absolutely feed off the energy in the building.

Last night, the place was an energized powder keg looking for any excuse to explode.

Also last night, Rogers Place was a nervous, tense place which clearly fed into the Oilers for the entire first period
oiler were fine..the reason they lost was their goalie doing something stupid, leafs were great and their fans showed their appreciation for that.

regardless, im talking about here in forums or online groups, when fans display confidence or say "that was a beatdown" etc etc, its always "dont get too confident or cocky" which is just a funny thing to me considering the fans in general have no impact on wins and losses. cheering your team on isnt really what i was saying at all

thinkblue

Oct 6, 2020
anyone see Jon Coopers comments?
“I’m not so sure the Maple Leafs had to play particularly well to beat us… We probably gave them a bit of a freebie”
I guess if you want to call getting out played in every aspect of the game a freebie.... seems kinda like he's downplaying how much we outplayed them doesnt it?

Not new for Cooper. After the game in November: "The frustrating part is I didn't feel like the Maple Leafs beat us, I feel like we just beat ourselves, and that was painfully evident after the first period"

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Not new for Cooper. After the game in November: "The frustrating part is I didn't feel like the Maple Leafs beat us, I feel like we just beat ourselves, and that was painfully evident after the first period"
We just gotta keep up what we did in Game 1. have to assume Tampa will be fired up to start Game 2. I hope we can push that aside and put the sense of doubt in their minds

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Game 5, 6, 7 will be the hardest, not game 2.

The next game you play, that one is always the hardest.

Just win the game, play hard again, and take a 2-0 lead into Tampa... then try for a split while there... Game One, that was the Leafs at their best, and with that type of play, they can play with anyone.

Reactions: Tak7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad