Pre-Game Talk: Game 2 of the Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
WE IS IT! :clap: :clap: :leafs: Can't none of the others like that lost series "others" touch on us anymore :clap: WE PHYSICAL and RUMBLING. Hard. We DREW THE FIRST BLOOD. US! Not them, but us! We is hockey's mecca, not them! US!!!!! ✊ ✊ So BRING IT ON MAOFAOS! We are right now energyzing and handling the ice hocey world. Our crowd is back and its like during the pat quinn days period. THEM IS HARD TOO. All of us is hardness! WHAT!

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
download (1) (1).jpeg

This is the energy I want, we killed it last night, the greatest leaf game I've ever seen in my lifetime, was absolutely dominant and complete on every level.

But Tampa will be coming HARD, I want us ready to weather that storm and stomp on their throats.

Show the league our true power.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
IF they can go up 2-0 heading to Florida these guys will believe they can take one of games 3 or 4 possibly come for game 5 to seal the series

Reactions: Chief keefe

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Of the many impressive elements in that win, to me the most impressive was how relentless they were on the puck. They gave TB no time and space and constantly created turnovers with their tenacity, speed, and physicality. It's not easy to maintain that, but they'll have to in order get another W in Game 2.

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
Such a weird feeling to get excited when the Leafs are handed a 5 min penalty kill. My first thought was, "How many shorties can they get?"

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
How they play in Game 2 will be a true tell tale sign if they've learned anything from their past series failures.
Agree 100%. HUGE game!

Of the many impressive elements in that win, to me the most impressive was how relentless they were on the puck. They gave TB no time and space and constantly created turnovers with their tenacity, speed, and physicality. It's not easy to maintain that, but they'll have to in order get another W in Game 2.
Indeed, it won't be easy at all.

I'm assuming that other than Bunting playing if he can (and I'm assuming it will be in place of Clifford) we will play the same guys. It better be that way because if Holl is in for Liljegren, I'm going to lose my mind before the game even starts.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Agree 100%. HUGE game!

Indeed, it won't be easy at all.

I'm assuming that other than Bunting playing if he can (and I'm assuming it will be in place of Clifford) we will play the same guys. It better be that way because if Holl is in for Liljegren, I'm going to lose my mind before the game even starts.
D pairings in practice today were the same as last night with Holl skating as an extra, so it seems as though it'll be the same tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad