GDT: Game #2 : KINGS @ AVALANCHE - Tuesday, 1/22/’13 @ 6:00 pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Gagne is awful. Sorry. Clifford and Nolan were the best fowards on Saturday. I think Gagne might be toast. He's been awful even in the playoffs.

I still do not think there has been enough of a sample size on him yet. I thnk he is only effective as a top 6 thoough. I also think Penner is best on the 3rd.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
The last 21 games Gagne played (including playoffs and regular season), he had 0 goals. That is bad. He doesn't do many other things well or that stand out so when he ain't scoring, he ain't contributing. One thing for Richards to struggle like he did with scoring toward the end of last year, because he can still play center, hit, fight, pass, etc...but Gagne is worthless if he can't score or use his speed.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
The last 21 games Gagne played (including playoffs and regular season), he had 0 goals. That is bad. He doesn't do many other things well or that stand out so when he ain't scoring, he ain't contributing. One thing for Richards to struggle like he did with scoring toward the end of last year, because he can still play center, hit, fight, pass, etc...but Gagne is worthless if he can't score or use his speed.

Richards needs to step his game up though. Hes had a few moments like game 1 of the playoffs and a few other spots where hes been really good. But mostly he hasnt lived up to the hype. Im really hoping he pulls it together soon.

RonSwanson*

I'll be at the game tonight. Possibly the only live game I'll see all season. Looking forward to seeing Kopi destroy the Avs' sorry defense.

Anyone else from here going to the game?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

And 16 of those 21 games were under Murray and a mass in his neck, and 4 of the remaining 5 was with a mass in his neck.

Maybe a little bit of leniency is warranted.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
And 16 of those 21 games were under Murray and a mass in his neck, and 4 of the remaining 5 was with a mass in his neck.

Maybe a little bit of leniency is warranted.
Not to mention the fact he played very limited minutes in the playoffs. I thought he looked better in those limited minutes than he had during the regular season.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I have a feeling it's time for Quick to stand on his head.

He'll be pissed after last game and going to flex some muscle.

GKG!

I'm not worried whatsoever about Quick's mentality/complacency/lack of compete. I'm worried about Quick's arguably limited mobility and athleticism after back surgery and essentially not playing a competitive game of hockey in 7 months. I think it takes a while for him to get back on track.

BTW, I think it's hilarious that Doughty was one of the few Kings to have a good opening season game, when it's usually the exact opposite. Kid is going to step it up even more defensively with Mitchell and Greene injured, I think.

I still want to see what Gagne is capable of without the neck bulge injury thing he's struggled with for years. Even though it won't happen I'd like to see King scratched for the following forward lineup this evening:

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
Brown-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Colorado not having ROR is a huge hole. It makes players on Colorado play positions they are not suited for.

Should be a good game.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Man, with all the doom and gloom the last couple of days, you would think the Kings were going on year 46 without a Cup.
Nobody knows what to expect with Muzzin in the lienup. I feel a lot more comfortable with Muzzin playing in a Sutter system than I do when he played in a Murray system.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
OMG! First Kings' pregame show since the Break the Ice days!

VEW_protrait.jpg

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I have the Colorado feed on CI. I wonder if Gags is being used as trade bait? I know people said he was bad in the first game and it sounds like Sutter is sending a message, which I like. Nothing sends a message like scratching a veteran. Hopefully it will wake the rest of the team up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad