Pre-Game Talk: Game 2 Jets vs Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Man , the clenching that a game like that would bring might bung people up for a while .:laugh:
ArnoldTotal-Recall-movie-scream-pain-Arnold-Schwarzenegger.gif

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Just play 60 minutes like the first 20 last game.

Excited again!!!! What’s wrong with me?????

What's the alternative? That you invested yourself in 82 games just to say "f*** it" and throw it all away at the first sign of adversity measured not even in one whole game but in one fraction of one period? Nonsense.

It's a single elimination tournament. It's a crapshoot. Even Tampa Bay is exceedingly likely not to win it all (plurality != majority). And as we saw last night, even they can blow leads at home. It happens. But we still got a very live ticket. So I ain't giving up on it yet. And neither should you.

So yeah. You aren't the one that there's something wrong with. Now buck up, Chuck, and #GJG!

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
No one seems more passive in front of the opposing goaltenders net area than the Jets. Jets have very little traffic in front. Very few bodies making it difficult for Binnington. Other games, there are all kinds of scrums breaking out, guys going in and out of the blue paint, stacking bodies two deep, stabbing for rebounds, screening the keeper, taking position just outside the crease - sometimes half in and half out, putting their butts right in the keepers face, looking for tips and screens, defenders grabbing and tackling guys, scrums everywhere.

If the Jets do not get traffic in front of Binnington, it will be Vegas / MAF all over again. An easy time for The Blues, and easy time for Binnington, quick exit for the Jets and people claiming utter nonsense that we were Goalied. This is playoff hockey, if you aren't willing to battle in front, take some punishment, make it hard for the keeper, and get some dirty goals you aren't going to win. Period.

Little got up in Binnington's grill pretty good last game. But I agree we need more of it.

Jets started scoring some dirty goals in the last few games of the season. We'll need some of em to win this series.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
No one seems more passive in front of the opposing goaltenders net area than the Jets. Jets have very little traffic in front. Very few bodies making it difficult for Binnington. Other games, there are all kinds of scrums breaking out, guys going in and out of the blue paint, stacking bodies two deep, stabbing for rebounds, screening the keeper, taking position just outside the crease - sometimes half in and half out, putting their butts right in the keepers face, looking for tips and screens, defenders grabbing and tackling guys, scrums everywhere.

If the Jets do not get traffic in front of Binnington, it will be Vegas / MAF all over again. An easy time for The Blues, and easy time for Binnington, quick exit for the Jets and people claiming utter nonsense that we were Goalied. This is playoff hockey, if you aren't willing to battle in front, take some punishment, make it hard for the keeper, and get some dirty goals you aren't going to win. Period.

Jets have too many 1)Playmakers and 2)Snipers

Top 6 has Wheeler/Ehlers/Hayes who are more playmakers, and Schiefele/Laine/Connor who are snipers. Connor is great in close, so he almost makes it; but overall there's not enough bodies in front, deflections, greasy goals. etc. Like Ladd, Lemiuex, Lowry on occassion, etc.

I actually had a passing curiosity of seeing Lemmy with Laine to screen the goalie and clean-up the scraps.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Gotta ruffle Binnington’s feathers and he WILL regress to the norm
No one knows that. It is impossible to know when he will cool off. We have seen time after time goalies just come out of nowhere and go on a tear for an extended period of time,, sometimes an entire season, sometimes longer. Dubnyk, Anderson, Smith just to name a few. When you have a goalie playing out of his mind you are supposed to milk it and take full advantage of the opportunity. Sadly, the Jets never really gave Brossoit that opportunity to stay in rhythm by making him the starter. It will always be one of those "what if" moments for this franchise do to stubbornness and politics.

Maybe the playoff pressure will get to Binnington but it didnt look that way in game 1. He was in a zone once again. The odds that he will suddenly regress significantly over the next few games are low. Hope I'm wrong but his record now is 25-5 this year. He is just flat out winning games.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
What's the alternative? That you invested yourself in 82 games just to say "**** it" and throw it all away at the first sign of adversity measured not even in one whole game but in one fraction of one period? Nonsense.

It's a single elimination tournament. It's a crapshoot. Even Tampa Bay is exceedingly likely not to win it all (plurality != majority). And as we saw last night, even they can blow leads at home. It happens. But we still got a very live ticket. So I ain't giving up on it yet. And neither should you.

So yeah. You aren't the one that there's something wrong with. Now buck up, Chuck, and #GJG!

I just can't help myself. I look forward to every game!

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
giphy.gif

I... I actually LIKE the 8:30 game time!

Gives me time to get my daughter to bed, sit back and enjoy it.
That's what PVRs are for. I don't know how I could watch hockey and have a six year old son without it (no wonder the older generations had a "children should be seen and not heard" mentality).

Reactions: irunthepeg

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
This is doable, but everyone has to get on the train.
Only a few forwards played well, in the first game.....too many passengers.
If Tanev is good to go, he has to be in there.....we need maximum MPH, in this one.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
First line all need to show up

Hayes needs to show that a 1st and promising player weren't given away for nothing

Laines needs to stop hitting the damn posts

Myers and Kuli need to use their brains on the ice

Coach Mo needs to at least pretend he is a competent NHL coach

Fans need to remember it's three periods and not fall asleep after two!

HFBoards Jets need to listen to Sip and like every one of his damn posts

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
No one knows that. It is impossible to know when he will cool off. We have seen time after time goalies just come out of nowhere and go on a tear for an extended period of time,, sometimes an entire season, sometimes longer. Dubnyk, Anderson, Smith just to name a few. When you have a goalie playing out of his mind you are supposed to milk it and take full advantage of the opportunity. Sadly, the Jets never really gave Brossoit that opportunity to stay in rhythm by making him the starter. It will always be one of those "what if" moments for this franchise do to stubbornness and politics.

Maybe the playoff pressure will get to Binnington but it didnt look that way in game 1. He was in a zone once again. The odds that he will suddenly regress significantly over the next few games are low. Hope I'm wrong but his record now is 25-5 this year. He is just flat out winning games.
lol this complaining about Brossoit is insanity. Helle's year last year was as good as Brossoit's this year over a much larger sample size. You bet on the larger sample size not the small one against mostly weaker teams.

Binnington caught lightning in a bottle, there's nothing in his history to suggest he would be a .930 goaltender, and he won't be. He will regress. When is the only question. It could be next game, it could be next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad