GDT: Game #2| Jan. 20, 2013|Flyers at Sabres |12:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Flyers will win today. Also I'd like to see Voracek in Claude's line...

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I'd like to see:

Scott Hartnell - Claude Giroux - Jakub Voracek
Brayden Schenn - Sean Couturier - Wayne Simmonds
Max Talbot - Scott Laughton- Matt Read
Ruslan Fedotenko - Eric Wellwood - Zac Rinaldo

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I agree wholeheartedly that jakub needs to be on the giroux line. I think he would complement claude and hartnell better, i think hes better on the boards/down low and is a good puckhandler. I think hed be able to create time and space forthose two, moreso than schenn. Our best line the last two years had 1g guy who could hold on to the puck for a while (leino,jagr) and i dont think schenn is that guy for the top line.

Besides, i want schenn on the briere line, so maybe they could swap defensive duties.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'd like to see:

Scott Hartnell - Claude Giroux - Jakub Voracek
Brayden Schenn - Sean Couturier - Wayne Simmonds
Max Talbot - Scott Laughton- Matt Read
Ruslan Fedotenko - Eric Wellwood - Zac Rinaldo

I like this setup. Maybe switch Simmonds and Read though.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
We should have kept Jagr instead of chasing a reluctant Parise. But forget about the offseason, let's make the best out of it now!

Oh god no.

You can't gamble on Jagr again. Especially since at that time it wasn't known that we'd be starting hockey on January 19th. His production drop off last year was terrible. The last 25 or so games and the playoffs were just him obviously hurt and he was doing too much with the puck to make up for it.

Don't let his 4 points yesterday fool you. He started off strong here too.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
missed the home opener

every thing i touched this weekend was a disaster. saw the flyers-pens game listed on nhl center ice friday. went to watch saturday, and it vanished off my satellite channels. so watched first of hawks-kings, hawks pounded em in the first. then watched sens-jets, the sens looked very good. watched a few periods of caps-lightning, that was some up-tempo hockey. finished off with ducks-nucks. the nucks are good on paper, but selanne looks more like he is in his 30s. gonna check out the boys on nbc.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Ilya likely to start? I have both Miller and him in my pool (where only wins count) so wondering as to who to bench.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
#Sabres' top lines today vs. #Flyers: Foligno-Ennis-Stafford; Vanek-Hodson-Pominville. Sabres missed playoffs last year.

G51 K81*

Question. Since the Sabres have Scott, Kaleta and Ott in, would you want Sestito or Shelley on your 4th line?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Ilya likely to start? I have both Miller and him in my pool (where only wins count) so wondering as to who to bench.

It has yet to be confirmed. Laviolette doesn't typically announce lineup changes a day in advance and with an early afternoon game today, there was no morning skate.

That said, from a beat writer on the scene:

Bryz and Leighton both stretching. Bryz expected to get nod.

Also from Sam:
It appears Flyers will use same lineup as yesterday.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Revised Sabres lines without Leino (not skating):

Marcus Foligno, Tyler Ennis, Drew Stafford
Thomas Vanek, Cody Hodgson, Jason Pominville
Steve Ott, Grigorenko, Jochen Hecht
John Scott, Matt Ellis, Patrick Kaleta
Nathan Gerbe, Cody McCormick (injured reserve)

DEFENSE
Robyn Regehr, Tyler Myers
Christian Ehrhoff, Alexander Sulzer
Andrej Sekera, Jordan Leopold

T.J. Brennan, Mike Weber (extras)

Ryan Miller will start in goal.

Source: Bill Hoppe.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
First weekend in the US and I'll spend it watching TV. :laugh: Thank god hockey is back... Let's go!

Oh god no.

You can't gamble on Jagr again. Especially since at that time it wasn't known that we'd be starting hockey on January 19th. His production drop off last year was terrible. The last 25 or so games and the playoffs were just him obviously hurt and he was doing too much with the puck to make up for it.

Don't let his 4 points yesterday fool you. He started off strong here too.

I'm really curious how he will turn out/wear down because it's not like he hasn't half a season (34GP) of czech league in his legs already. He definitely can't keep up such pace at this age though. I just hope he won't implode like he did last year after the WC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad