Post-Game Talk: Game #2| Jan. 20, 2013|Flyers at Sabres |12:30 p.m. ET II

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Does anybody think that we are going to have to find a top end scoring winger to play with Giroux? I love Hartnell, Schenn, and Voracek, but Giroux may need a Cory Perry type next to him to get maximum production

toughfighter83*

No changes need to be made if this team bombs. Our GM gets us to the playoffs every season. Our coach got us to the Stanley Cup Finals. Get a good young puck-moving defensemen, with this core, and a little experience, and we're golden. Key's to be PATIENT.

if they are not going to make changes then you'll see an empy arena like the sixers games.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
if this team plays bad like the 07 season i dont know what changes have to be made with the roster. i think it starts with the gm and the coach.

The Flyers are a couple of bad bounces, and two goals being called off, from being 2-0-0 instead of 0-2-0; and you compare this to going an entire season of being the worst team in the NHL? Please get ahold of yourself.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
if they are not going to make changes then you'll see an empy arena like the sixers games.

Dude have you bumped your head? We;re talking about the Philadelphia Flyers right? Not the Devils, or some team in Florida, news flash Flyers fans are a loyal bunch I'm pretty sure you can go back to 2007 and check that year and the next season, and the arena still stayed sold out or close to it

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
The roster we have may be fine, if we can start playing like we actually know how to play the game. And everyone starts realizing that the season has in fact started. Seems the only ones who got the memo are Simmonds, Giroux, Laughton, Timonen and Bryzgalov.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
Does anybody think that we are going to have to find a top end scoring winger to play with Giroux? I love Hartnell, Schenn, and Voracek, but Giroux may need a Cory Perry type next to him to get maximum production

The goal isn't maximum individual production or what Giroux needs really. It's what's best for team production. I think it's fine how it is. Certainly you could break your back getting him a bigger name on his wing, but why? He had 93 points last year with the wingers he's got now. The greater return is on attention payed to the defense.

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I Believe in G-Sus
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia
Meh, I'm not worried. Are we forgetting how excellent the Flyers have been in afternoon games?

Seriously though, Bryz has been real good, defense has seemingly played better, just some unlucky bounces/deflections and some terrible reffing. I'm not worried at all.

toughfighter83*

Dude have you bumped your head? We;re talking about the Philadelphia Flyers right? Not the Devils, or some team in Florida, news flash Flyers fans are a loyal bunch I'm pretty sure you can go back to 2007 and check that year and the next season, and the arena still stayed sold out or close to it

that's because they made changes to the roster.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
The goal isn't maximum individual production or what Giroux needs really. It's what's best for team production. I think it's fine how it is. Certainly you could break your back getting him a bigger name on his wing, but why? He had 93 points last year with the wingers he's got now. The greater return is on attention payed to the defense.

Technically his RW was jagr and he's gone...

toughfighter83*

i honestly dont care about season, i mean i'll watch for the sake of watching and not jump up if they lose or win, i have low expectations for this season because of how this team is built in the offeason, it doesnt really matter what team i root for, it's too stressful to get emotionally with it unless they win it all, that's the way im approaching it.

it was fun for me when i first became a hockey fan in 97, but the lame excuses and constant failures of not winning it all, i just dont have the hope for them winning it anymore, im still a hockey fan, if they win it i'll get excited but for now i have low expectations.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
i honestly dont care about season, i mean i'll watch for the sake of watching and not jump up if they lose or win, i have low expectations for this season because of how this team is built in the offeason, it doesnt really matter what team i root for, it's too stressful to get emotionally with it unless they win it all, that's the way im approaching it.

it was fun for me when i first became a hockey fan in 97, but the lame excuses and constant failures of not winning it all, i just dont have the hope for them winning it anymore, im still a hockey fan, if they win it i'll get excited but for now i have low expectations.

Entitled much?

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík

if they've already won it... then what's the point of getting excited? hypothetically, if they've WON it, the excitement ends.. and anticipation of a new season would begin, in which case, the chances of winning it AGAIN would lessen, i mean when was the last time a team won 2 in a row?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Technically, the next two games againt NJ and the Rangers will even be tougher than the first two because of system mismatch issues.

If they drop both, I'll be officially switch to panic mode :nod:

Last edited:

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa

Yes. It seems to be the obvious hole on offense. Flyers have plenty of good second and third line wingers, but no quality first liner. Not that Giroux needs a star player to be productive, but it wouldn't hurt, and it would give this offense another difference maker, which I think it needs badly.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
At least hockey is back.... now I can go back to being pissed when the Flyers lose. :D

Tell you what Minnesota is a lot of fun to watch, hell of a team over there now.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
is anyone else sick of watching a nice hard bone shattering hockey hit, and then having to watch a fight right after?? I'm talking about hartnel not getting called on the I initial hit in the first and then getting five for fighting, why does every big hit end with duel fighting majors? and on another note, does anyone else agree that now that hartnel is a top line Guy now, he needs to skate away from those altercations, because we need him out there with giroux, not in the box.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
is anyone else sick of watching a nice hard bone shattering hockey hit, and then having to watch a fight right after?? I'm talking about hartnel not getting called on the I initial hit in the first and then getting five for fighting, why does every big hit end with duel fighting majors? and on another note, does anyone else agree that now that hartnel is a top line Guy now, he needs to skate away from those altercations, because we need him out there with giroux, not in the box.

We should have gotten a powerplay for that.

I can't remember who fought Hartnell, but he should have been given an instigator

On an unrelated note, I'm fairly sure 95% of the people on hfboards are just boxscore watchers..

I've seen people say all over the site that Bryz has been absolutely terrible these last 2 games when he's clearly been really good

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
We should have gotten a powerplay for that.

I can't remember who fought Hartnell, but he should have been given an instigator

On an unrelated note, I'm fairly sure 95% of the people on hfboards are just boxscore watchers..

I've seen people say all over the site that Bryz has been absolutely terrible these last 2 games when he's clearly been really good

Yes, Bryz has been very impressive. Looks like a different goalie. I have no idea what he did during the offseason, but his mechanics look much improved.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: