Post-Game Talk: Game #2| Jan. 20, 2013|Flyers at Sabres |12:30 p.m. ET II

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Wish one of the players or coaches would come out and bash the refs

They can't, they'll get fined and lose even more money this season. They won't do that. They can complain about the refs but they need to play smarter. The PK is awful so they need to straighten up on defense. Many little things can turn this around.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Someone needs to step up and call out the pp and pk. THAT is why we lost. they are really going to steggle without practice time

mrgjnv

Mar 4, 2011
Do you not think the turning point was that stupid diving/tripping play Luke did was stupid. I understand he was limited on what to do but at 2-2 do you do that? Did he have that leafer sweater on underneith? **** about spelling.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Just got home from the game...

First off, that waved off Fedotenko goal was pathetic. It was worse than I even expected when I saw the replay just now. Easily one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

The Luke Schenn penalty to put the Sabres on the 2 man advantage was an awful call. Was stick on stick.

Giroux is on a whole other planet.

Simmonds has been the best forward besides Giroux. He had a monster game. I said it after yesterday's game, take Schenn off the top line and slot Simmonds there.

Laughton I thought was great. Coburn was the best defensemen.

Did the winning goal go off Timonen?

Offence is scaring me. Schenn was physical I thought, but he his holding that line down. Read has had an awful two games. Briere is really missed.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
They can't, they'll get fined and lose even more money this season. They won't do that. They can complain about the refs but they need to play smarter. The PK is awful so they need to straighten up on defense. Many little things can turn this around.

Isn't the max they can get fined 2500 dollars?

If so, Bryzgalov made 2640 dollars between puck drop and the 2nd minute of the first

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
You guys should've gotten at least one more goal. Tender interference on Miller was a weak call, even though I don't see Miller having "sold" it.

Second one in question I didn't get a good look on due to blackout (broadcast, not me).

The Hodgson goal was good IMO, but it could've been called either way. Then again, Hartnell coulda gotten a boarding call twice, as well.
So, tough luck after two games for you guys. I'd love to write you guys off since I don't like you, but I don't see it.

Giroux is way too good, Couturier is only getting better and once you've got Briere back, you can roll three scoring lines again. D needs upgrading, though. Replacing Pronger is not an easy thing to do, I guess.

So, good luck, but preferably not against us :laugh:

Btw. that Laughton guy looked kinda good, too. What's your take on him?

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
We need a pmd haha. A fast, smooth skating, offensive defensmen. We used to have one of those but he had to get paid somewhere else.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
Lots of bugs that need to be worked out. We just have no time to wait to fix it lol. Its hard to battle against a team when you battle the refs. Our special teams sucks, but i feel it will come around. Shockingly, Bryz isnt our biggest issue, but that may be a good thing. Im not panicing yet. I probably wont, this season was lost before the lockout (just dont think this team is there yet) and i really wanna see how these young guys improve.

And if Wayne Simmonds could actually shoot the puck he'd be a superstar. He plays the game right. I love him, but damn his hands are stone.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
just had a chance to watch both disallowed goals again because I taped the game. now that my initial anger had subsided I thought maybe I'd give it another look. the interference was horrible. then the second was bad, not just because it was a premature whistle but also because the ref (the same one that called the first goal off hmmmmm) was completely out of position to make that call in the first place, off to the side and not behind the net. when a ref makes a bad call, like the first interference disallowed goal, isn't it par for the course to let the team have the next close call in their favor?? or is the conspiracy theory of anti Philadelphia refs really true?

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
You guys should've gotten at least one more goal. Tender interference on Miller was a weak call, even though I don't see Miller having "sold" it.

Second one in question I didn't get a good look on due to blackout (broadcast, not me).

The Hodgson goal was good IMO, but it could've been called either way. Then again, Hartnell coulda gotten a boarding call twice, as well.
So, tough luck after two games for you guys. I'd love to write you guys off since I don't like you, but I don't see it.

Giroux is way too good, Couturier is only getting better and once you've got Briere back, you can roll three scoring lines again. D needs upgrading, though. Replacing Pronger is not an easy thing to do, I guess.

So, good luck, but preferably not against us :laugh:

Btw. that Laughton guy looked kinda good, too. What's your take on him?

Actually I though Couturier was just plain awful these first few games. (Goal aside)

Laugton is our first round pick from this past draft. Based on his play so far I think he sticks wit the team :nod:

toughfighter83*

if this team plays bad like the 07 season i dont know what changes have to be made with the roster. i think it starts with the gm and the coach.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Flyers got conned out of two goals tonight no question. Hartnell could have gotten another 10 minutes worth of penalties though. I hate him so much I wish he were a Sabre,

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
if this team plays bad like the 07 season i dont know what changes have to be made with the roster. i think it starts with the gm and the coach.

We still have about 95% of the season left to play. That's not an exaggerated made up stat, that's actually about how much we have left. It's too early to get so dramatic. We aren't the only team lacking cohesion, it's just what happens when you dive into a season with minimal camp and no preseason.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia

2 losses and we're already the worst team in the league? Flyers won't be a lottery pick of that I'm sure. With that said if the flyers don't make the playoffs I pretty sure Lavy is fired but I doubt that happens.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
We still have about 95% of the season left to play. That's not an exaggerated made up stat, that's actually about how much we have left. It's too early to get so dramatic. We aren't the only team lacking cohesion, it's just what happens when you dive into a season with minimal camp and no preseason.

It's never too early to be dramatic

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ

They're also a young team, with new personnel playing with a short camp. Cohesion was bound to be poor. And it has been and that has been what cost them games. They haven't lost to a noticeable talent deficit. I'm not too worried just yet. They look like they are what I thought they were. Likely a 6 seed with an exploitable but not awful defense.

I'm watching the Rangers game. I know I'm not supposed to but I really like their team. Callahan in particular and Nash is looking like a friggin' beast.

toughfighter83*

2 losses and we're already the worst team in the league? Flyers won't be a lottery pick of that I'm sure. With that said if the flyers don't make the playoffs I pretty sure Lavy is fired but I doubt that happens.

actually lavy has been criticized by snider so i would say he's on the hot seat

read this article:http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill...incy-System-Adjustments/45/48508#.UPyn35wgXys

skip to Laviolette Under Pressure to Change the System? in the article

plus if snider wants changes he will make them, he fired stevens.

Clown Baby*

No changes need to be made if this team bombs. Our GM gets us to the playoffs every season. Our coach got us to the Stanley Cup Finals. Get a good young puck-moving defensemen, with this core, and a little experience, and we're golden. Key's to be PATIENT.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00