GDT: Game 2: Hawkopoly | Sabres @ Blackhawks, 7:30 p.m. CDT (CSN) 10/11/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 151739

I know it sounds like I did, but I worded it wrong. I should've said it confirms what I've been saying. It's not a new judgement that I'm basing on the team because of this game, just one of many confirmations that you'll see throughout the season. I hope I'm wrong though.

Hawks' record: 2-0-0
Jonathan Toews: 2 assists in 2 games
Patrick Kane: 1 goal, 2 assists in 2 games
Patrick Sharp: 2 goals, 1 assist in 2 games
Brandon Saad: 3 assists in 2 games
Duncan Keith: 2 goals, 1 assist in 2 games
Corey Crawford: 2 wins, .930 SV%, 1.92 GAA

I'm sorry, what are you complaining about?

poes law

Nov 11, 2013
The Sabres looked like ass in the 3rd period. Otherwise, the Sabres actually did pretty well against the Hawks. Pretty much tells you what kind of level the Hawks are on so far. Not much of a sample size to base it on, but some people are going to be disappointed around here come March/April.

Hey man, don't despair. You'll eventually get your opportunity to say "I told you so." At least you get half a year to prepare yourself for the disappointment. But I guess in some ways that makes it worse, to see the impending doom and knowing there is nothing you can do about it.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
You said we wouldn't beat the Wild, then we would never take the Kings to seven games. You have no faith in a team that has given you zero reason to not have faith.

We got lucky against the Wild. We didn't even play well. I can't predict luck, sorry. The Kings were actually the better team, so I did think they'd finish off the Hawks earlier, but the Hawks did battle back but still lost. Sue me. I do have faith in them, but only to a level in which I know which is realistic. I base my conclusions of the team on their play and on the overall skill level at the time of the team when I'm making a judgement. It's not really about not having faith, it's just me being realistic about things. That's just the kind of fan I am, I can't look at it from a "hopeful" kind of way.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Luck? The Hawks were a bounce away from playing the Rangers due to chance?

Oiler fans are "hopeful" this will be the year they make the playoffs. The Blackhawks are expected to be a contending team, and for good reason.

Didn't you promise not to post anymore after the Wild/Kings series?

member 151739

We got lucky against the Wild. We didn't even play well. I can't predict luck, sorry. The Kings were actually the better team, so I did think they'd finish off the Hawks earlier, but the Hawks did battle back but still lost. Sue me. I do have faith in them, but only to a level in which I know which is realistic. I base my conclusions of the team on their play and on the overall skill level at the time of the team when I'm making a judgement. It's not really about not having faith, it's just me being realistic about things. That's just the kind of fan I am, I can't look at it from a "hopeful" kind of way.

You're not being realistic at all. You're being pessimistic. As always.

This team is 2-0-0 to start the season. Did we play perfectly? Absolutely not. Are there some kinks? Certainly. But you can't be happy that we are 2-0-0. It's not even that. You say because the Sabres gave us trouble in the first 2 periods that the Hawks aren't as good as anyone thinks and we might not make the playoffs. Realism? Not a chance.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Not really. It's not inconceivable to think they could miss the playoffs. I personally think with a combination of injuries (which they got lucky with last season towards the end of the season) mixed with just all the wear and tear and the age of some of these guys could ultimately contribute to a possible missing of the playoffs. Is it likely to happen? Probably not. Is there a shot that it could happen though? Yes.

Lmao you're embarrassing yourself. There is almost zero chance of this team missing the playoffs.

Mad Dog Madison

Oct 2, 2014
Sioux Falls
Just watched it on DVR. Everytime I heard Foley call Benoit's name, I had a natural urge to yell "Balls" and was just hoping at least once Edzo would've chimed in with it.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
ItsMyFault's pessimism could only be explained as some reverse jinx that person has deluded themselves to believing. Otherwise I can't see a reason for the ridiculous negativity. I bet a 82-0 record wouldn't be enough to consider the Hawks a good team.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
ItsMyFault's pessimism could only be explained as some reverse jinx that person has deluded themselves to believing. Otherwise I can't see a reason for the ridiculous negativity. I bet a 82-0 record wouldn't be enough to consider the Hawks a good team.

ItsMyFault and HF50 should go get lunch sometime.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Met Jamal Mayers at Tavern on Milwaukee Avenue. Awesome guy. He is wasted beyond belief though. :laugh: As soon as I recognized him, everyone was taking pictures with him. Good guy though.

Last edited by a moderator:

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Not really. It's not inconceivable to think they could miss the playoffs. I personally think with a combination of injuries (which they got lucky with last season towards the end of the season) mixed with just all the wear and tear and the age of some of these guys could ultimately contribute to a possible missing of the playoffs. Is it likely to happen? Probably not. Is there a shot that it could happen though? Yes.

Well no ****. Of course if a team has injuries it could affect their chances of getting in the playoffs. You can say this about any team. The good thing about the Blackhawks though is that it would take multiple injuries to several players at the same time (as mentioned by another poster) for that to happen to them due to their depth.

You are not being realistic. I don't think others are being extremely optimistic either. I don't think anyone here thinks the Blackhawks are going to go 82-0-0 with Kane, Sharp, and Keith being 100 point players. Recognizing that some players are looking fairly good so far this season (in particular Crawford for 5 out of 6 periods) and that some are of the new players are good surprises while criticizing those who have not performed well is not being overly hopeful.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Loved the post-game comment by Carbomb. ..that he had to slow down or he would be too expensive.. Actually...with Shaw the 2C "solution" that fits the games of Said and Cane best....that will be expensive on the next Shaw contract.

Richards still either fish out of water who has not figured out the Hawks style, or he is EXPIRED MILK....also not sure about Rundblad being good enough defensively..

Very pleased with TVR. ..the scoring should come too.

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
Two games is just way too small a sample size to determine if the Hawks are going to make the playoffs. After two games everyone but Minnesota should be asking the same thing. Sorry but there are no perfect teams out there. If you look at the West can you seriously say that the Hawks are not one of the eight best teams out there? Do you really think that Colorado, Arizona, and Vancouver (who I think will be the three teams fighting it out for the 8th playoff spot) are better than an un-injured Hawks team? This team is not like past Chicago teams of all sports, with one and done type glory. They've been here before and know what to do to get into the playoffs. I just can't fathom them not making it into the playoffs.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
The Sabres looked like ass in the 3rd period. Otherwise, the Sabres actually did pretty well against the Hawks. Pretty much tells you what kind of level the Hawks are on so far. Not much of a sample size to base it on, but some people are going to be disappointed around here come March/April.

But will you be here to see it? Or will you make another meaningless promise to leave forever if the Hawks win a game and then come back anyway?

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
Loved the post-game comment by Carbomb. ..that he had to slow down or he would be too expensive.. Actually...with Shaw the 2C "solution" that fits the games of Said and Cane best....that will be expensive on the next Shaw contract.

Richards still either fish out of water who has not figured out the Hawks style, or he is EXPIRED MILK....also not sure about Rundblad being good enough defensively..

Have to agree with you for the most part here fiddy. The fourth line really showed some skill last night. Kruger, Morin and Carbomb all had some good chances. granted it could have been the competition but that's what a 4th line is supposed to do against a much weaker opponent.

As far as Richards goes, I was disappointed in him, Bickell and Smith all night. They were the only line that didn't generate any offense. I'll give him some more time though. You were too kind to Rundblad, he was awful last night.

So far TVR looks like a keeper. He still looks hesitant shooting the puck, but that will come in time. Like his aggressiveness though.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kane and Toews both with multi point games... think Fiddy said he didn't think that was going to happen this year...

And how many games did it take for Keith to score two goals last year?

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL

Solid post 50. It bothered me when I saw the 3rd line dump the puck into the zone on the power play and forget to actually chase the puck... They all just went through the motions. There has to be a reason why Richards was a healthy scratch in the playoffs... Lack of effort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad