Post-Game Talk: Game 2: Friday Night in Music City! - Hawks VS Preds - 7:00PM CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Honestly you guys are really hilarious.

It's a wonder this team managed to win 3 Cups with Blunderin' Bowman and Q the Buffoon at the helm.

But yeah I do wish Tootoo were not playing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Both Schmaltz and Tootoo should not be playing

Schmaltz shouldn't be on Hawks roster at this point given what he has shown thru camp/preseason/game 1

Tootoo is not NHL talent

Both mistakes fall directly upon Stanley's poor roster construction

Infact all 3 of the guys on Hawks 4th line shouldn't be on Hawks roster

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't like that 4th line.

48-70-8 would be much better and it gives Schmaltz more freedom offensively by putting him on the wing. Moose has shown glimpses of the ability to go to the net and be effective.

Schmaltz needs to be placed in a position to use his skill set and the 4th line is not that. I feel like Q might fall into the same habit that he did with TT and use Schmaltz as fix-it type player.

I would like to see these lines but most likely won't.

14-19-8
88-15-72
64-16-81
38-70-48/11

You can flip flop 72/8 if needed. 8 is a cerebral player so he should be able to adjust to what Kane needs him to do. 14-19-72 would be a blast to watch.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Honestly you guys are really hilarious.

It's a wonder this team managed to win 3 Cups with Blunderin' Bowman and Q the Buffoon at the helm.

But yeah I do wish Tootoo were not playing.

Bowman has provided Q with some of the deepest rosters of the cap era to win with.

We all knew this season was going to be test for Q, not only because actual coaching may be necessarily to help mitigate the skill gap the Hawks encounter facing other teams, but especially as far as his ability to nurture and develop young talent.

Thus far, his roster management warrants a failing grade. And it extends beyond Tootoo:

Stan has provided Q with 6 far superior options for TVR on D. There is no reason for TVR to be playing regularly this season. But rest assured, Q will find a way to prioritize his boy over the better options.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
After watch the PP last game I think the Hawks need to make a change.

PP1 - More skilled unit with more complex cuts and play.

72-19-88-2-7

PP2 - More of a crash the net and bomb from the point pp unit.

14-15-81-51-42

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
After watch the PP last game I think the Hawks need to make a change.

PP1 - More skilled unit with more complex cuts and play.

72-19-88-2-7

PP2 - More of a crash the net and bomb from the point pp unit.

14-15-81-51-42

If you want PP1 to me more skilled and complex, then you should swap Campbell and Keith. Keith has many talents, PP QB is not one of them.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I rather think the emphasis on line construction is a lesser problem than the want/motivation/ compete issues ...like each player playing as if he cared and is willing to exert for the vast majority if his shifts over an entire game.What good is line construction and role issues when Q FAILS to motivate his fat-cat stars to actually show up and compete hard over tge full 60?

BOTH aspects are crucial to success but you can line juggle all you want to try for chemistry and proper roles ...but if they are sabotaged by certain guys coasting or not caring to give their best effort then all the line positioning and role assignments will go for naught anyway.
Q CANNOT allow a Country Club of entitled fat-cat to take off so many shifts and even entire games?We cannot afford to.play flip the switch to.on for a paltry 15 m8nutrs out now a 60 minute game...Everyone has to buy into the mission and bring it all for the full 60 or at.least the vast majority of it .This is as old as the hills ...but so true.Look tonight to see if our leaders T amd K do show up most shifts or not...do care ,or not.The stats will tell but even more important ...the eyeball test for who wants it and who I'd still lolliggaging.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Frustrating, isn't it? That the clearly superior option isn't on the table because Q gonna Q?

It is.

I am not sure why but all of the top coaches are this way. Babcock, Sutter, Q, etc. Hell even the young guys like Cooper are this way.

Q is great at coaching the actual games and keeping the room.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
#Blackhawks lines:
Panarin-Toews-Panik
Motte-Anisimov-Kane
Hartman-Kruger-Hossa
Hinostroza-Schmaltz-Tootoo

I understand that Q wants to give the same line a better look and another chance - but I must say that Schmaltz will be on a short leash at this rate.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It is.

I am not sure why but all of the top coaches are this way. Babcock, Sutter, Q, etc. Hell even the young guys like Cooper are this way.

Q is great at coaching the actual games and keeping the room.

Yeah sure.... coaching in the games I'll give you. After that, well ... I think it is high time for some of you folks to admit that Q may not be quite as good a coach as you may have thought.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Even if the Hawks win, it's gonna be a meh win. The dominating Hawks hockey is officially behind us, it's time to play "defense" and get some lucky goals

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Even if the Hawks win, it's gonna be a meh win. The dominating Hawks hockey is officially behind us, it's time to play "defense" and get some lucky goals

"It's time to play 'defense', the thing that's by far the most important thing for a hockey team to have to win games. Damn Hawks with their 'defense'."

If we won 10-1 you'd find some way to spin it into saying the Hawks are about to implode. You are already declaring that no matter what the Hawks do, it won't be good enough for you.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
"It's time to play 'defense', the thing that's by far the most important thing for a hockey team to have to win games. Damn Hawks with their 'defense'."

If we won 10-1 you'd find some way to spin it into saying the Hawks are about to implode. You are already declaring that no matter what the Hawks do, it won't be good enough for you.

Sounds good but let's face it, Hawks have morphed into a boring team. In some ways they play like the Swedish National team. IE. Not to lose .... which makes for some dull hockey. Thank goodness for Kane. Hopefully this is temporary and our influx of youth and speed will bring the Hawks back to where they were in 2010.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I saw some crazy stat in the Matthews thread. His line generated 13 scoring chances in 5v5 play or about 1 per shift. I remember a time long ago when the Hawks used to be able to do something like that. Eh. It will be interesting to see what kind of offense is generated tonight.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

The Blackhawks were the top defensive team in the league in 2013. Did you have a problem with how that team played? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I saw some crazy stat in the Matthews thread. His line generated 13 scoring chances in 5v5 play or about 1 per shift. I remember a time long ago when the Hawks used to be able to do something like that. Eh. It will be interesting to see what kind of offense is generated tonight.

They were playing against the worst team in the league last year as far as shots and chances allowed per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad