Post-Game Talk: Game 2: Friday Night in Music City! - Hawks VS Preds - 7:00PM CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

VS

Projected Forwards

Breadman​
Toews​
Panik​
Motte​
Anisimov​
Kaner​
Hartman​
Kruger​
Hossa​
Hinostroza​
Schmaltz​
Tootoo​

Projected Defense
[pre]
Keith Hammer
Kempny Seabs
Forsling Soupy[/pre]

Projected Goalies

Crawford
Darling

Think they remember this still??

Projected Forwards

Fiala​
Johansen​
Neal​
Forsberg​
Mr. Underwood​
Smith​
Wilson​
Some Piece of Trash​
Jarnkrok​
Arvidsson​
Sissons​
Salomaki​

Projected Defense

[pre]
Josi Subban
Ekholm Ellis
Bitetto Carle[/pre]

Projected Goalies

Pekka Rinne
Marek Mazanec

GO HAWKS! JUST WIN!

Last edited by a moderator:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This one could get ugly...

Nashville's speed and Laviolette's up-tempo style have given the Hawks fits for the last two seasons. Then they went and swapped a declining Weber for a top 5 dman in the league with insane mobility.

Hopefully Rinne isnt great, and TVR and Tootoo are where they belong. Folding towels.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Nashville's speed and Laviolette's up-tempo style have given the Hawks fits for the last two seasons. Then they went and swapped a declining Weber for a top 5 dman in the league with insane mobility.

Hopefully Rinne isnt great, and TVR and Tootoo are where they belong. Folding towels.

From what I've heard/seen, TVR Is a healthy scratch, but Tootoo is in the lineup. Not sure how solid those projected lineups are, honestly. Went with what I could find from practice yesterday, I believe.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
If Tootoo is still in the lineup over Ras, then any argument that Q makes roster decisions based on merit can immediately be discarded.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If Tootoo is still in the lineup over Ras, then any argument that Q makes roster decisions based on merit can immediately be discarded.

Ras practiced on the 3rd line, I believe, due to Hossa having a maintenance day. Tootoo was still in the lineup. Not sure if Ras comes in today and Tootoo goes out, however. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Ras practiced on the 3rd line, I believe, due to Hossa having a maintenance day. Tootoo was still in the lineup. Not sure if Ras comes in today and Tootoo goes out, however. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I expect Ras in the line-up and can't help but wonder if Q goes with Darling on Saturday night.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Stars gotta star...simple as the old refrain your best gotta be your best ...best equals most highly paid plus those expecting to join them in the big payday club...not the low paid grunts amd rookies...we simply cannot have Toews Kane Hossa Anisimov and Panarin be non-productive again..it would help if they play a full 60 or even 40 of 60 in their shifts in those times instead of tge 10 to 15 segment of a game tgey actually try hard to compete...it would help if they tried to generate scoring g chances instead of wasting time waiting for those chances to magically appear ...tgey must not succumb as per usual to tge flip tge switch for just a few brief spurts mentality Q has allied far too often for the lazy habits to show up so much.It us 1 thing if a hot goalie stymied TRY...it is another when you think you are entitled to your fat paycheck.Show up tonight for a majority of shifts ...not just a paltry few shifts.You cannot blame the big guns lazy ness on the kids.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

..who can't play defense.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Nice GDT.

And yup, it'll be a tough battle, but that's the story of the Central. Let's just not have the usual no show second period and get a win.

TKK

Oct 22, 2015
This team seems like it's 2014 versions of Hossa and Sharp away from being a true contender.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Weber is declining.

Subban is not a top 5 D in the NHL (he is barely top 10).

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I think it's important to recognize this is a GAME THREAD. If any posters are critical of a certain player ... it should be assumed that it's pertained to THIS GAME unless noted otherwise.

Hence, if I'm critical of Toews, Kane, TVR, etc. ... PLEASE take it as a one off ... RELATIVE to this game.

The last game thread got somewhat out of control because people misinterpreted the Toews' criticism as a microcosm of the main board. No REAL Hawks fan actually believes Toews is a detriment. However, he did have a down year in 2015-2016. We need him to play up to his standards (or even beyond) to have a chance this year.

We have too many rookies and questions offensively for our stars to be just average. They need to step up to contend. It might not be fair ... but that's the pressure of signing big contracts, winning cups / awards, being leaders of a good team. This goes for Kane, Keith, Crow, Seabrook, Hossa ... along with Toews.

That being said, I'm looking for improvement in puck possession and penalty kill from the Hawks tonight. That's what we woefully lacked against the Blues Wednesday.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Weber is declining.

Subban is not a top 5 D in the NHL (he is barely top 10).

Subban is pretty clearly top 5 imo. In no order its Keith, Doughty, Karlsson, Subban, and one of Vlasic or Giordano.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Subban is pretty clearly top 5 imo. In no order its Keith, Doughty, Karlsson, Subban, and one of Vlasic or Giordano.

Wrong.

You are forgetting Hedman, Pietrangelo, Ekblad (I think he is extremely good at such a young age), Josi, and Ekman-Larsson.

Subban is in the group with Suter, Burns, Letang, etc.

Karlsson is bad defensively.

Subban is not there yet. He 100% has the potential but he has some issue he needs to work on.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Of the names ypu losted, Hedman is the only one I would argue probably belongs in the top 5 ahead of Gio or Vlasic.

I love OEL for his consistency, but he's not truly elite in any regards.

Burns is basically Karlsson lite. Same defensive deficiencies, less offensice upside (at least on D, when he was playing forward the only guy with better G/60 was Ovie).

Pietrangelo hasnt reached the heights most projected for him. He's great, but not better than Subban.

Josi is on the cusp, but again, not better than Subban.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Is Karlsson really a defensemen?

Yes. The ability to transition the puck out of your own zone and put pressure on the other guys is a very valuable form of defense.

Id take the guy that ensures his team spends less time in their own zone over a guy like Weber, who spends an increasing amount of time stuck in his own zone while the opposition piles up shots on goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad