Post-Game Talk: Game 2 ECF: FLA @ CAR 8PM EST - Lets go home baby! Cats lead 2-0!

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I'm not going to say Florida dominated, it was (after the 1st 15 minutes of the 1st) a totally even game. I know we're Florida fans but

GBkb4PT.png

what a load of shit lol

I will say exactly what I said back on December, when these same models said the Panthers were the best team in the NHL: it's all bullshit.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
When they say Hockey is a game of inches in the Panthers case some of that would truly apply by simply looking at the margin of victories in most of these playoff games.

But I would also contend that Hockey is generally a game where points rarely come often in playoff games and the margin of victory simply does not tell the whole story.

Fact is our Cats have been dominant on the road and with a brutal Forecheck and when needed will score enough to win games. If you were asked in watching most of these games who is the better team ? Some would argue but I contend you cannot argue it’s been the Panthers and that’s simply the most important thing…THEY KNOW HOW TO WIN !!!!!!

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
I will say exactly what I said back on December, when these same models said the Panthers were the best team in the NHL: it's all bullshit.
Advanced metrics can be useful when combined with what you actually see happening with your eyes. But nerds who only care about metrics will never get it.

If we stay out of the box we win this series. If we play undisciplined and take penalties we let Carolina back in it.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
He praises Barkov when he plays well.

He criticises him when he's not playing to his capabilites.

Not too sure why people find this difficult to understand.

Well when you saw and realize Barkov was leading in every defensive metric per sportslogic, not even advanced stats, you kind of realize the guy had actually been balling.

I'm gonna allude to @FlaPanthers11 here. He made a great point that Barkov knew he had to be defensive against Boston/Toronto because of the skill and talent they had vs now where Carolina is missing that forward fire power

He also made a great point in regards to Bob in regards to the chances we gave up last year vs this year.

Gave up less chances but the chances given up were grandslams vs more chances but not as high quality which I agree with

Last edited:

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Regardless of the numbers, Bob has always been an awesome goalie. From the Flyers to the Blue Jackets and now the Panthers! Very entertaining to watch! Coming from a Habs fan!
Bob reminds me of Lundell's father. Of course Bob is better as a goalie, Lunkka always gave one easy goal but they have so much in common. Hardworking, analytical goelies with sort of quiet personalities. Both of them lost number one position several times and always took it back. It's amazing to see that Bob is playing so well right now.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz

Good review of the goal. That little stick move by Chucky allows Bennett to be the puck to Rheino.

Smart play, but Barky winning the FO and being able to somehow tie up both Burns and Slavin in the corner is what makes the difference and allows Bennett, MT and Reinhart to have that 3-on-1 against JStaal!

I wish all the posters planning on possibly meeting for a FLA PO game good luck, I hope you'll make it if you are really serious about it. You'll be awesome embassadors for our board and you deserve to witness this current success after all these years of misery!

And all the best to @Tkachuk Temperament, great that our team can be a big support right now in challenging times!

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Anyone see Episode 2 of Quest for the Cup on ESPN+?

At the very end, they said of the 4 teams moving on to the CF, Vegas is the only one without a Cup.

👀

• Wow
Reactions: Prominence Problem
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad