GDT: Game 2: Ducks @ Flames

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Kalvin you dont like Rakell do you?

Haha, i guess i made that impression :laugh:

Actually i really like him, but i just don`t want him to be thrown into the NHL already. He looks ok for a 19 yo, but we shouldn`t do that this season imo. Like many said, he needs to get a little bigger and stronger and i don`t think there`s serious need for us to rush him.

I am also expecting more offensive production from him in the juniors, but that is far from hating him

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I wouldn't count on him picking up more points. His team traded for Vincent Trocheck from Saginaw. Vincent is going to get their prime minutes from here on out. Trocheck has already racked up 10 points in his first five games. Florida's center depth is crazy: Huberdeau, Shore, Bjugstad, and Trocheck.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I`m not couning on it either, i just want him to put up more points, which means ''i would like to'' instead of ''he will''.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I think Holland should get a shot or be sent down.

I don't think DSP should be playing.

I also don't think we should keep Rakell up and burn up a year of ELC.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Looks like DSP still in.

wow. thats really interesting.. can't see them benching bonino after 2 games (he wasn't even bad, just not producing offensively but ryan/selanne were also poor) i hope thats not the case. but i guess we'll see.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Either that or they're just getting reps for Holland on the 4th and sending a message to Bonino. Or Bonino is sick and needs rest. Or who knows.
:dunno:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I was thinking Holland to be the 2c and Rakell a possible 4c. But if Rakell is a 4c, then we may as well let him go back to his junior team. No need to burn his ELC if he's simply going to be a fourth line center without the ability to be sent down to the AHL (because he's only 19 years old). So this is an odd set of events to see Rakell centering the second line with Holland on the fourth line.

We'll all find out tomorrow what happens.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Meh sounds like its gonna be same lineup but if 2nd line struggles again Bones and Rakkel will switch places. Seriously doubt Holland plays against Vancover, maybe Saturday though.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I wouldn't worry about having Rakell and Holland in the lineup at the same time. It's not like Bonino has that much pro experience that makes it a world of difference, with the two figuring to be on different lines.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
If Bonino doesn't produce, he's bad. Very simple, we need offense from the 2nd line center.

Can Holland be any worse than Bonino?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Looks like you're wrong.

Holland gets the start.

I'm glad but it's kinda odd. Rakkel has his best game, gets practice time with 2nd line (presumably due to improvement), and then gets benched? Wtf?

Oh well, very excited to see Holland tonight.

Pahlsson26

Oct 17, 2011
I'm glad but it's kinda odd. Rakkel has his best game, gets practice time with 2nd line (presumably due to improvement), and then gets benched? Wtf?

Oh well, very excited to see Holland tonight.

Both Rakell and Holland are starting from what I gather.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad