GDT: Game 2: Detroit Red Wings @ New Jersey Devils | 10/15/2022 | 7 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Did Wings fans ever chant "Fire Blashill" during games?
I don't think so. And certainly not on the second game of the season

When fans pay that much for tickets, parking, concessions, they're gonna be mad about the shitshow product on the ice.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
  • Love
Reactions: Realgud

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
i asked this in the last GDT but no one answered. I like the pretty lines and all but is there somewhere that explains what the heck this is actually based on?

I didn't see if anyone answered you, but they use a statistical model called "Game Score."

In 2016, Dom Luszczyszyn, now with The Athletic, developed a measure called "Game Score." His goal was to use publicly available stats that you find on an NHL stat sheet, assign a weight to each, and combine them in a meaningful way to evaluate how productive a player was within in a single game. (You can find the original calculation HERE; it was updated in 2019, that write-up is HERE.)

"(Game Score) is meant to answer, 'who had the best game' by adding proper perspective to a combination of a player's total contributions and into an easily understood all-in-one stat," Luszczyszyn wrote.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Really like the new guys - it's all looking pretty good. I don't really get the Copp hate. He's looked strong and fast, makes good passes, gets into the zone with speed, he looks strong as hell, and a better passer than I expected.

Again, Maatta stands out to me as being just...really sound and reliable. Still blows my mind. Sucks about Bert, Call up Berggy!! Give him a stint riding the Top 6!

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Raymond taking a crosscheck twhere the Dman pushes down on his hip and he ends up skating awkwardly in a sort of splits. That's a bullshit play that can cause injury.
I remember having coaches that actively told me to do that in front.

I also remember being shown Scott Stevens highlights as an example of good hitting.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Really like the new guys - it's all looking pretty good. I don't really get the Copp hate. He's looked strong and fast, makes good passes, gets into the zone with speed, he looks strong as hell, and a better passer than I expected.

Copp was directly responsible for the Perron goal. He went hard to the boards and created the turnover in a very high effort play. That's the kind of stuff you love to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad