GDT: Game 2: Detroit Red Wings @ Florida Panthers - 10/15/2016 | 7:00 PM ET | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I'd argue their defense is better this year, Yandle is a huge pickup for them over Campbell.

No, I agree with you. Early on in the season, game 2 to be exact, WC coming into play, it could be a bit before that backend finds some chemistry. I can't think of the last time though that a top tier regular season team got rid of their entire top four besides one guy.

I think Florida falls back to earth this season.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
LGRW! Good to see AA back in the lineup and (potentially) playing on the top line. Glad Mrazek is back in net, too. No bench minors this game, please.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
No, I agree with you. Early on in the season, game 2 to be exact, WC coming into play, it could be a bit before that backend finds some chemistry. I can't think of the last time though that a top tier regular season team got rid of their entire top four besides one guy.

I think Florida falls back to earth this season.

I don't see how a team that gets better from one year to the next is going to end up worse in the standings. Detroit got worse this offseason, Buffalo looks like they'll be really bad early in the year. Toronto is still a few years away. Ottawa looks bad. I feel like only Florida and Tampa are the sure things in this division. Florida has way too much depth and too much on defense and in goal to fall back to earth, whatever that means.

I mean, Barkov and Ekblad are going to be even better this year. If Barkov can stay healthy he might have a 35 goal 80pt season.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Those were d pairings we should had in the first place. What parallel dimension did they think Marchenko was a top pair defenseman? If anything put Ericsson there. Yeah he sucks but he does have the experience.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Dang, going to miss this. Does NHL.tv have full game replays?

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I don't see how a team that gets better from one year to the next is going to end up worse in the standings. Detroit got worse this offseason, Buffalo looks like they'll be really bad early in the year. Toronto is still a few years away. Ottawa looks bad. I feel like only Florida and Tampa are the sure things in this division. Florida has way too much depth and too much on defense and in goal to fall back to earth, whatever that means.

I mean, Barkov and Ekblad are going to be even better this year. If Barkov can stay healthy he might have a 35 goal 80pt season.

Whatever you say dude - I think they overachieved a bit. Add in some injuries to key players. I don't think they win the division again.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
TB will easily win the division, but Florida is the 2nd best team. Who has surpassed them?

I think Boston could surprise some people, but this division is really not that great again. I think with the injuries up front, another year for Jags, they may not be as strong. D is improving, but I don't see them as a threat like Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Washington, etc. I think they regress a tad.

invsb

Mar 7, 2016
the wings should be a bottom 10 team in the league this year.

that's my prediction. I am following this season closely and hoping that one of nyquist or tatar has a great season so we can trade them for draft picks or young guys.

Also want to see what we really have in Larkin and AA.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Feeling like they're not winning this one. Either way, should be fun to see what AA can do with more than 5 mins of ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad