GDT: Game 2: Detroit Red Wings @ Boston Bruins - 10/5/13 - 7PM ET - NESN(HD), NHLN, 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The in game microphone experiment was tried in the 1970's. Unfortunately Bobby Clarke's expletives helped put an end to that experiment.

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012
To think I came to read people thoughts on the game in a game thread and instead I get to read the same posts over and over because a poster put his own interpretation on a post. It would be nice if this thread could return to peoples thoughts on the game.

KCBRUIN

Tuukka Time
Nov 11, 2010
Kansas City Mo.
Is there a reason we never have a pre game thread to talk about the next game on the schedule before the GDT goes up? There could be one thread that runs between multiple games.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
The win topped the night, but I have to say that the game last night was one of the best games of hockey I've seen in a long time.

No BS after the whistle or in front of the net.

Awesome game.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
The wings looked fatigued.
Good team obviously but they didn't put up much of a fight, so I'll give the game a solid Meh.

The goals were pretty cool though. With the puck in the net and all that.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I don't expect to see that version of the Wings for the remainder of the season. Despite the fact they lack a true #1, they still remain a threat for the Division top seed.

It's going to be fun to watch lines 1 & 2 once Loui & Iginla find chemistry with their new line mates!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Is there a reason we never have a pre game thread to talk about the next game on the schedule before the GDT goes up? There could be one thread that runs between multiple games.

Just created a pre game thread so. Let's see how it goes! :)

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Well most of the B's swear . We hear many things but since I can't even post when someone leaves the game I am sure I would be called a liar if I posted wheat some of the B's say.;)

Most of the B's ignore fans who yell at them. Chara never reacts to fans but once last year a drunk idiot (B's fan) was shouting at him. During a break in play Z was on the ice and just glared at the fool...and then said "Why don't you come down here and say that" ..We couldn't believe it :amazed: The guy was quiet after that...or maybe he was tossed from the game.

Don't sweat it, LF. We appreciate the insight.

Was never a fan of sitting there. Just prefer a higher view of the geometry for seeing plays form and lanes open, etc. But it has it's benefits. A friend had seats near the B's bench in the 80's and 90's. I'll never forget these guys who used to torture Rick Zombo.
"Uuuughh mE rICk ZoMBie....me not see the puck....UuUUggh. :laugh:

I could swear they were getting to him. Then again that guy was so horrid, it's hard to say.

Anyway, you can pick up a lot during the tv timeouts between the benches, line changes, etc. Hear who has game in regard to who talks the talk, etc. It's a game within a game at any level of hockey. For instance, a steady stream of filth emitted from Ken Linesman's mouth, which was directed at any passing opposing player that got in ear shot. Add that smirk on his face. Funny stuff.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Biggest understatement EVER.....:laugh:

I would LOVE to hear what is said - never know when you can pick up a new phrase or restructuring of a phrase to add to one's resume...

Oh I know-I am an excellent lip reader when it comes to swears and other insults.

It's hockey, it's grown men, tempers rise and some people just have potty mouths. I would find it strange if hockey players didn't swear.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Oh I know-I am an excellent lip reader when it comes to swears and other insults.

It's hockey, it's grown men, tempers rise and some people just have potty mouths. I would find it strange if hockey players didn't swear.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity."

---Gordie Howe

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity."

---Gordie Howe

I can't remember what interview it was or what player other than he wasn't a native English speaker-the interviewer asked him if he trash talked in his native language and his answer was that pretty much everyone trash talks in English and they mostly use English swear words.

English is apparently the universal language for trash talk.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The win topped the night, but I have to say that the game last night was one of the best games of hockey I've seen in a long time.

No BS after the whistle or in front of the net.

Awesome game.

Yep, I get the post whistle stuff when the game is chippy but the Wings just know who they are and rarely will you see them try to suddenly be a team who tries to get mixed up in that stuff

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Holy ****, some of you need to lighten up.

Please, the team is 2-0...they have now allowed 2 goals and have only put up 7 goals, there`s plenty to complain about around here:sarcasm:

Fans need to settle down with the panic surrounding Loui and Iggy and their lack of pts early on. You would think everyone has learned by now one thing about this system is that players, veteran or not, need time to adjust to it.

Amnesia has set in here, I recall vividly Pevs and Kelly openly mentioning how different a system it was for them and that it just took time for each to fully grasp it and get comfortable...relax folks

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
A. So typing into a mobile device while watching the game excuses people from report incorrect/incomplete information? I think we've just lowered the standards for everyone who reports using those things. Again, report away, but if it smells funny, people will challenge it.

B. Waiting till we have more information before coming to a conclusion...again "going to the room" was a conclusion made without enough information. You're railing against the very thing you're defending. Again, people can report away on what they see and come to their conclusions, but people will challenge it.

C. No, I don't want a full medical report and never said I did. If someone purports to provide information and cites their proximity to the bench as a source that's all fine and good. Problem was she didn't report simply what she saw. She did not see him go to the neuro room. She saw him head down the tunnel followed by the doctor. That could've been for any number of reasons but as I've said before now a couple times, stating "the room" implies a specific purpose. It's an assumption...speculation, to use your word...so to say no speculation occurred is incorrect. Again, people can report away on what they see and come to their conclusions but if it doesn't make sense, people will challenge it.

Seeing as how I've now repeated myself several times and can't really rephrase the original point any more ways without annoying even myself, if people want to continue the discussion with me, they can via PM.

Relax man. Her posts are always very welcome. I love the extra insight.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
The excuse that Detroit was exhausted because they played 3 games in 4 nights is a cop out. Boston was the better team and that's that.

I gotta agree, I heard it ad nauseam from every outlet. If the wings are "fatigued" after the first week, they've got a problem on their hands. They were on the golf course a matter of weeks ago.

I'd be more inclined to buy this argument later on in the season...but Week 1... :shakehead

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't expect to see that version of the Wings for the remainder of the season. Despite the fact they lack a true #1, they still remain a threat for the Division top seed.

It's going to be fun to watch lines 1 & 2 once Loui & Iginla find chemistry with their new line mates!

I am willing to bet the Wings that show up on Monday will be better prepared and look better.

I think the Wings lack the kind of depth the Bruins have and that will still make a difference. Their first two line are pretty good but their bottom 6 wasn't that great. I think our defense looked tons better but I can't imagine the Wings won't be more ready in that regard.

I am irritated that I waited forever for the season to start and the schedulers decide what the Bruins needed was 5 days between game 2 and 3. Does any other team have this huge gap between games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad