GDT: Game #2: Coyotes @ Devils - 7:00 P.M - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Ruff’s system is notoriously complex and difficult to adjust to. Time was one of the teams best players in the playoffs. The points will come, we’re 60 minutes into the season, 20 of which they were asleep for.

Timo is also doing what he's supposed to be doing, working the interior with power moves. The guy got hit by a couple of our own point shots last night, he's in the right spot.

The goals will come, whether through snipes or garbage.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
This is the type of game you want your top producers to take over. I'm expecting a big game from Siegs

ACTIVATED SIEGS

son-goku-power-up.gif

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Very interesting to see Cooley against us(he is playing, right?).
Im little bit sad that we didn’t saw Edvinsson yesterday, it would be interesting to watch Luke against him in their first game of the new season. And now I’m little bit sad we will not see Nemec against Cooley too.
I didn't realize that Edvinsson got sent down. I only saw one of Detroit's pre-season games, but to me he looked like he belonged.

Maybe the plan is for Edvinsson to play big minutes in the AHL and then get called up if/when there's an injury or he's ready to take on a full-time role in the NHL? Otherwise, I don't get it. No way you prioritize Ghost, Chiarot, or Matta over him.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Timo was on a 35 goal pace in the regular season with us last year (9 goals in 21 games) all while adjusting to a new system.

You can put the playoffs in there if you want, but let’s remember Nico and Bratt, who have been here a while, haven’t contributed there also last year. He was also banged up for a few after the Trouba hit.

Even then, I feel like he wasn’t bad in the playoffs. 2nd in ixG and iSCF, 1st in iHDCF on the team.

Not really worried about him.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Timo was on a 35 goal pace in the regular season with us last year (9 goals in 21 games) all while adjusting to a new system.

You can put the playoffs in there if you want, but let’s remember Nico and Bratt, who have been here a while, haven’t contributed there also last year. He was also banged up for a few after the Trouba hit.

Even then, I feel like he wasn’t bad in the playoffs. 2nd in ixG and iSCF, 1st in iHDCF on the team.

Not really worried about him.

If Mercer finished the glorious dish he got from Timo last night, are we even talking about this? :laugh:

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Big win last night - if only to shake the inevitable freakout session that would have occurred.

Honestly had they lost, but not got scored on within the first 5 minutes - i would have been ok with that.

Moving on

Reactions: My3Sons

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
If Mercer finished the glorious dish he got from Timo last night, are we even talking about this? :laugh:

Seriously. I know HF likes to overreact on 1 game sample sizes, but this is ridiculous.

Half the team looked like crap last night, we still won. Most of them will probably get it in gear soon enough. We can start complaining about those who don't, but only after a few more games, please.

Now let's go out and shithouse the Coyotes and put all this talk behind us.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
It’s pretty easy to understand why they came out so flat last night.

Expectations are sky high and the arena was absolutely rocking. It’s gotta be hard to settle down and block out the outside noise to start the season.

I expect a much better start tonight.
The energy in the Rock last night was equal to any Game 7 I've ever been too. It was deafening.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Crowd could've been wild if the devil's didn't come out so crappy.

That place was waiting to explode and the team stole all of the energy putting up only 3 shots through right around 15/16 minutes.

Reactions: glenwo2

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I didn't realize that Edvinsson got sent down. I only saw one of Detroit's pre-season games, but to me he looked like he belonged.

Maybe the plan is for Edvinsson to play big minutes in the AHL and then get called up if/when there's an injury or he's ready to take on a full-time role in the NHL? Otherwise, I don't get it. No way you prioritize Ghost, Chiarot, or Matta over him.
Funny thing is Clarke, Mukhamadullin, Edvinsson and Nemec all should play for their teams. And Faber for example and Luke Hughes looks solid for their start. Teams have a lot of one way signed vets to play their young defensemen.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I don’t know if it was discussed in the other thread, but I thought Luke played a really good game. He was making really good decisions on when to try to push and create offense and when to just make the simple and safe play.
One play that stuck out to me was when he intercepted a pass right in front of the net. He was positioned well and directly negated a scoring chance in front. Nice awareness.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don’t know if it was discussed in the other thread, but I thought Luke played a really good game. He was making really good decisions on when to try to push and create offense and when to just make the simple and safe play.
I think you don't have to worry at all when the puck is on his stick. He makes excellent decisions with the puck ...the area that needs work his own zone. He wonders a bit.

Reactions: Nubmer6 and My3Sons

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
One play that stuck out to me was when he intercepted a pass right in front of the net. He was positioned well and directly negated a scoring chance in front. Nice awareness.
He wasn't at all distracted from the fans saying his name everytime he touched the puck!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad