Post-Game Talk: Game #2 CAPITALS vs penguins @3PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
If you haven't already realized the limitations of Try Hard Hockey for 95% of the game I don't know what to tell you. The effort is only as good as how well it's applied and they need to do much better at translating it into quality chances (and obviously finishing them).
I don't know what are you talking about really. There was a ton of scoring chances this period, they just didnt capitalize on all of them. Really what the hell does your post mean?

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I really didn't like Eller trying to get out of the zone carrying the puck with one hand on his stick. He had a winger to pass it to on his right but held on to it and turned it over just inside our blue line. Those are the plays Eller has to get out if his game. We were lucky it didn't cost us.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Vrana should play more as long as they shelter him.

There's no point in being conservative in this series since that's an auto loss. Everyone (except Barry and possibly Chiasson's mother) knows that Chiasson is incapable of scoring. Pittsburgh has an elite bottom 6 so we have to get some production from our 3rd and 4th lines in order to have any shot at winning the series. There is literally. no upside to playing a "defensively responsible" plug like Chiasson, Connolly or DSP instead of Vrana and Gersich.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I’m torn, I could see that 2nd goal being interference but he has time to reset
I’m going off the fact that Murray’s left leg never moved. He didn’t have to reset from the contact on top of the time between the contact and goal.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
I’m going off the fact that Murray’s left leg never moved. He didn’t have to reset from thr conntact on top of the time between the contact and goal.

Bing also clearly did that on purpose which is a penalty in itself no?

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Connolly really could have been a antihero of this series just 4 periods in. f***ed up 3 big scoring chances in game 1 and if Vrana's goal was overturned because of him...I don't know. He sjould be out of a team nonetheless. Just a skillless player.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Connolly really could have been a antihero of this series just 4 periods in. ****ed up 3 big scoring chances in game 1 and if Vrana's goal is overturned because of him...I don't know. He sjould be out of a team nonetheless. Just a skillless player.

The fact that Vrana hasn't taken his spot on the 3rd line confirms that Trotz will never win the cup. He's not a good coach, period.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I don't know what are you talking about really. There was a ton of scoring chances this period, they just didnt capitalize on all of them. Really what the hell does your post mean?
It just means the general effort level doesn't signify anything special, particularly if it ends up being offset by significant breakdowns. They limited the breakdowns that period and it's a very good sign. Still, they need to do a better job creating and converting chances. And for Backstrom to show up.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Don’t understand why OV didn’t one time that. May very well come back to haunt us.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It just means the general effort level doesn't signify anything special, particularly if it ends up being offset by significant breakdowns. They limited the breakdowns that period and it's a very good sign. Still, they need to do a better job creating and converting chances. And for Backstrom to show up.
They created a lot of chances and converted on 2. That should be good enough if sustained and built upon through the next 40. But yeah, not nearly enough from 19.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Connolly really could have been a antihero of this series just 4 periods in. ****ed up 3 big scoring chances in game 1 and if Vrana's goal was overturned because of him...I don't know. He sjould be out of a team nonetheless. Just a skillless player.

but RMNB says he was good in Game 1 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad