Post-Game Talk: Game #2 CAPITALS vs penguins @3PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Kinda OT but I was at the game and my GOD did a bunch of other people in my section and I notice how much Crosby was CONSTANTLY talking (crying) to the refs. It was unreal, he couldn't just let crap go

Between every shift, stoppages, etc It was unbelievable.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Trotz trusts young players that make good decisions and know their assignments. He has trusts Stephenson and Wilson before him. He trusted Schmidt before he trusted Orlov. Scoring goals in the NHL is too difficult to give them away.

What? It took Trotz years to trust Wilson and he never fully embraced Schmidt. Do you not remember the 16-17 playoffs? Schmidt only got in when BT was desperate.

Stephenson is a fine example of Trotz trusting a young player, but Wilson and Schmidt are not.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Of course. I thought that much was implied, especially when we're talking about the nature of what makes people "winners", and "killer instincts", and all of these intangible sports terms. The best we can do is assemble a picture based on what we see on the outside, what we get from "insiders" that we trust, and what we know (or think to know) about how the world works.

A lot of people have been talking about how strange this Trotz contract situation is, but one thing I've always wondered is why it's assumed Trotz wants to stay. If he didn't want to return (no extension negotiated) but the team feels he's the best available option at the moment for a playoff run, isn't this exactly what you'd get? And wouldn't your GM have to act like he's holding the cards instead of saying "Barry doesn't want to come back because he thinks our organization is a mess and he's burnt out"?

Now that's speculation, but I've wondered.

Sure, maybe he doesn't want to come back...but the org is a mess? That seems to be some new slant to fit your narrative here. There is really zero smoke that point to that as being the case. Zero. Speculation usually comes with at least some modicum of "proof" or validation. This? Please man....

Maybe he's burnt out, I can see that. Maybe he knows that these teams were his own personal "best shots", and he hasn't been able to break through. Maybe he misses Korn (who also was ready to let this game go, it would seem).

None the less, unless they win it all, I dont see Trotz back. I think if they win it all, there will be far too much pressure to try and "do it again" with the same group. Which would be accurate. They should try and do it again.

But thats putting the cart well before the horse....obviously

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
What? It took Trotz years to trust Wilson and he never fully embraced Schmidt. Do you not remember the 16-17 playoffs? Schmidt only got in when BT was desperate.

Stephenson is a fine example of Trotz trusting a young player, but Wilson and Schmidt are not.

Wilson didn't deserve more ice time than Oshie and Williams. You can argue Burakovsky, but until this season Burakovsky was the better player.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Sure, maybe he doesn't want to come back...but the org is a mess? That seems to be some new slant to fit your narrative here. There is really zero smoke that point to that as being the case. Zero. Speculation usually comes with at least some modicum of "proof" or validation. This? Please man....

Maybe he's burnt out, I can see that. Maybe he knows that these teams were his own personal "best shots", and he hasn't been able to break through. Maybe he misses Korn (who also was ready to let this game go, it would seem).

None the less, unless they win it all, I dont see Trotz back. I think if they win it all, there will be far too much pressure to try and "do it again" with the same group. Which would be accurate. They should try and do it again.

But thats putting the cart well before the horse....obviously
Well, it was meant to be more from his perspective as someone who doesn't want to return, and moreover how silly it would be for MacLellan to state it that way, but it's not like it's out of line as conjecture with what we "know" about Trotz being a Patrick hire, supposedly not getting along with MacLellan (or at least staying on the same page), and then Brian's extension. Who knows what he's been told along the way, that's why I said it was all crazy speculative. I'm just trying to crawl in his head and see what it would have to look like to convince him not to come back.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Well, it was meant to be more from his perspective as someone who doesn't want to return, and moreover how silly it would be for MacLellan to state it that way, but it's not like it's out of line as conjecture with what we "know" about Trotz being a Patrick hire, supposedly not getting along with MacLellan (or at least staying on the same page), and then Brian's extension. Who knows what he's been told along the way, that's why I said it was all crazy speculative. I'm just trying to crawl in his head and see what it would have to look like to convince him not to come back.

It may just be as simple as "we dont think you are the right man for the job anymore", and then him saying "fine, to hell w you then".

All the while he still hasnt gotten past the 2nd round. I'm not one to beat that drum hard, as I like Trotz...but it's a drum that is there, and it will get beaten.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I thought they would still review it, at least. I was preparing for a suspension, especially after the non goal call.

Who is Dumo's replacement, if he cannot go.

TARGET HIM HEAVILY

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Kinda OT but I was at the game and my GOD did a bunch of other people in my section and I notice how much Crosby was CONSTANTLY talking (crying) to the refs. It was unreal, he couldn't just let crap go

Between every shift, stoppages, etc It was unbelievable.

Kinda OT but you've said you aren't watching after G1. What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad