GDT: Game #2: Blackhawks @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Pretty much. If there is a must win game in the series for this team, tomorrow's game is it.

I don't really think so. We have to win one of two in Chicago. Doesn't really matter if it's game 3 or 4. If we lose them both, it's over. Splitting in Chicago means we have a three game series with home ice. I think that's definitely win-able.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I don't really think so. We have to win one of two in Chicago. Doesn't really matter if it's game 3 or 4. If we lose them both, it's over. Splitting in Chicago means we have a three game series with home ice. I think that's definitely win-able.

I mean I would feel a lot more comfortable about this team winning game 3 in Chicago rather than going into game 4 down a game against the defending champs. I don't think we can afford to be down in this series at all. It's also going to be a lot harder considering we won't be able to get as many favorable matchups as we want and have been getting. The Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko line will be more exposed and they will have to pick up their play.

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013

I have to wonder about posts like yours. These are the Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks, they know how to win on the road.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I have to wonder about posts like yours. These are the Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks, they know how to win on the road.

What? Matty is absolutely right. They need to win one of the games in Chicago. Whether it's game 3 or 4, it doesn't really matter.

We outplayed them in game 2 pretty heavily and the bounces didn't go our way. The series is very winnable.

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015

You mean the Stanley's Cup? The big silver one? Oh ****! Someone should tell the Blues.

He said they were "winnable," not that it would be a cakewalk. If you've got any more juicy tidbits please don't hesitate to share them, though!

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
jori play

“You’re showing them everything you can possibly to give them the most information possible to make the correct call,” Kay Whitmore, an NHL senior director of hockey operations, told the Post-Dispatch Saturday. “It took a couple of angles to get both of details in, so it wasn’t just one thing you’re looking at. You want to make sure the puck becomes part of the offensive zone, prior to (Lehtera) entering, and then noticing that his skate is off the ice at the same time, we were able to give the linesman enough information for them to overturn their original call.”

fabbs

“That’s a question for the official that made the call,” he said. “Like any other penalty during a game, it’s a judgment call. … These officials are the best in the world, and what they see and what they call, that’s the way it is basically.”

lol what ? i know he is talking about 2 different plays .....but wtf ... different set of circumstances ? if your going to do it ..go all in or not ... should be video review for everything or nothing ........... review everything * * * * it turn it into the nfl

Last edited:

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO

And they are down a goal in the last ten minutes of the third period on the road, they know they can count on a little help from the officials. I guess that figures into "knowing how to win on the road."

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

Where did I say they didn't? I simply said a three game series with home ice advantage is win-able. Is that not true? l didn't say the Blues had the series in the bag if they split in Chicago. I said its win-able, which it very much is.

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
Go Blues! I'm with you guys though that we need to win at least one of these next two in Chicago. Sure would be nice to win today though! I think I'm going to go with my Tarasenko jersey again for this game. Let's Go Blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad