GDT: Game 2: Avalanche vs Flyers | October 6, 2018 | 7 PM MT

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It's a contract year. Look at what he did with Nashville, the one year he hit 20 goals was a contract year. Enjoy the fact that he will produce this year ( well until he gets hurt, once he gets an injury his production is done for the year ), but then pray the management doesn't overpay him on a longer term deal because of it.

Gratz on the wins by the way, fun team to watch.
There shouldn't be any scenario where he is re-signed.

Reactions: shadow1

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
N

Nashville are going to regret trading him

I fully agree with you when that core gets old. It's funny to think that a kid of his caliber was stuck in the pipeline over there. Without the trade he could of potentially been stuck in the minors for years and never possibly emerged as the player he is.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It's a contract year. Look at what he did with Nashville, the one year he hit 20 goals was a contract year. Enjoy the fact that he will produce this year ( well until he gets hurt, once he gets an injury his production is done for the year ), but then pray the management doesn't overpay him on a longer term deal because of it.

Gratz on the wins by the way, fun team to watch.

My first reaction to his play in the first couple of games is that he looks like someone playing with his hair on fire for a contract. We've seen this before with countless other players. I would hope that the Avs stay away from a long term, high AAV contract with him, but they could believe the mirage this season.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
We should aim for a legit top six forward this off season. Unless wilson wins the cup for us, i doubt we bring him back. Its Varly that people want to move on from that we should strongly consider signing back.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I like Wilson, cap situation changes with Rantanen getting big pay day but it's clear he likes this team and the ability is there when he wants it to be. I'd revisit resigning him for a short term depending on what our draft looks like this year.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
We should aim for a legit top six forward this off season. Unless wilson wins the cup for us, i doubt we bring him back. Its Varly that people want to move on from that we should strongly consider signing back.
I’d sign Varly but not for the groin injuries/history/style of play. I have to think it’s hard to quantify those monetarily and not sure what I’d do. Hard to find a goalie like him but how do we know how long he’ll last?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I’d sign Varly but not for the groin injuries/history/style of play. I have to think it’s hard to quantify those monetarily and not sure what I’d do. Hard to find a goalie like him but how do we know how long he’ll last?

If he doesnt last, we have gruebauer. If he does last, we have an elite goalie that you cant just pick up for a 2nd round pick. I’d give him big money at short term. We need to start being a max cap team.

Reactions: Foppberg and 5280

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I fully agree with you when that core gets old. It's funny to think that a kid of his caliber was stuck in the pipeline over there. Without the trade he could of potentially been stuck in the minors for years and never possibly emerged as the player he is.

Nashville rumoured offer was either Girard or Fabbro.

I agree, the depth of their DMen would have kept them buried for years in the minors. Girard playing for the AVs not only gives him plenty of ice time, the patience to allow him to develop.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Guys hear me out. Colin Wilson is Landy ten years from now and he's used a time machine to re-live playing for the Avs during their epic cup run. I present exhibit A:

Do6hXbxVAAA6We4.jpg

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
If he doesnt last, we have gruebauer. If he does last, we have an elite goalie that you cant just pick up for a 2nd round pick. I’d give him big money at short term. We need to start being a max cap team.
I wonder how he’s going to do now that it looks like he’s not going to have to stop as much rubber during a game and he doesn’t have to steal as many games on his own but only has to come up with a key stop here or there or have a good sequence or period during a game? Maybe will save his groin and he will last longer.

Last edited:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
What would you consider big money? 7m?

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
If Girard legit plays like this most of the year, lock him up for long time ASAP.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I get the apprehension around resigning Wilson but I wonder if there’s a chance we see a breakout season this far into his career. Heard he was flying in camp and he appears to be killing it out there so far. He’s about to turn 29, it wouldn’t be the strangest thing ever.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
I get the apprehension around resigning Wilson but I wonder if there’s a chance we see a breakout season this far into his career. Heard he was flying in camp and he appears to be killing it out there so far. He’s about to turn 29, it wouldn’t be the strangest thing ever.

It's wait and see for me. Only two games for Wilson but I'm pleasantly surprised. My gut says if he remains healthy he just may reach 20+ goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad