Post-Game Talk: Game 19 vs BOS - 3 Stars

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Gonna do a 1/4 season discussion after game 20.

Star Total
21 Raymond
20 Larkin
13.5 Veleno
12 Debrincat
8.5 Husso
7.5 Compher
7 Seider
7 Reimer
6 Ghost
6 Fabbri
5 Walman
5 Copp
5 Lyon
4.5 Fischer
4 Rasmussen
4 Sprong
3 Kostin
2 Czarnik
1 Holl
1 Perron
1 Maata

Spacegoat Total
2 Reimer
2 Rasmussen
1 Petry
1 Copp
1 Perron
1 Larkin
1 Husso

Feels good, baby.

E5BE8C1D-F7B9-4B8F-B9C7-9FFBA4E02D43.jpeg

1. JT, he’s been very good so far but titanic in this one.
2. Ray, he’s just got it
3. Joey, even if the points aren’t there he’s active constantly, never stands still and wins battles.

SC: Rasmussen, everything Joey does well Moose doesn’t do or does it sub par

These are the games I’m here for.

0EE85267-4607-45C4-B16D-757BA8159EE3.gif

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Stars:
1. DeBrincat. That breakaway snipe was a thing of beauty!
2. Ghost. Two assists on the day, and as an added bonus, he didn't look terrible next to Seider.
3. Husso. Of the two goals allowed, none of them were goals he could actually do anything about. A positive step in the right direction for the guy. On a normal team, this wouldn't be an accomplishment, but I'm gonna give the man props for not letting in any softies in a clear and decisive victory.

Scapegoat:
Rasmussen. A couple nice opportunites, yet he manages to flub 'em. Disappointing.

Final thoughts: We got a bit sloppy on that 5-on-3. By not scoring on it, we absolutely gave them a little life. But that's a four minute window where we stopped playing. The other 56 minutes, I thought we were solid. Keep that energy, boys!

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Fuuuuuuck!!!! f***ing Fuuuuuuck. I missed an early game here in Finland.... How that happened???? And we f***ing won against those useless bastards....

I did not watch the game, you know. But I bet my left leg Dylan was the best. As usual.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Fuuuuuuck!!!! f***ing Fuuuuuuck. I missed an early game here in Finland.... How that happened???? And we f***ing won against those useless bastards....

I did not watch the game, you know. But I bet my left leg Dylan was the best. As usual.
You can tell he's obviously playing through something. Raymond was our best forward imo. He's really playing with confidence and you can see it in some of the more small but effective plays he's making through the neutral zone and in the offensive zone, extremely shifty right now.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
1. Compher
2. DeBrincat
3. Husso

Spacegoat: Chiarot, his coverage on the first Boston goal was cringeworthy.

The Boston announcers are every bit as cringe as I remember. The best was when they broke out a telestrator and basically started putting all these lines across the screen that looked like drunken etch-a-sketch.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

As did I, 1pm is 10am on the west coast, totally forgot about it. I may have to watch this one even though I know the outcome.

So the only thing I am eligible to vote on, since I missed the game:

SG: me

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
As did I, 1pm is 10am on the west coast, totally forgot about it. I may have to watch this one even though I know the outcome.

So the only thing I am eligible to vote on, since I missed the game:

SG: me
Worth watching IMO. Go get a snack during the 5 on 3 though. :)

Reactions: dj4aces

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
1. Compher
2. DeBrincat
3. Husso

Spacegoat: Chiarot, his coverage on the first Boston goal was cringeworthy.

The Boston announcers are every bit as cringe as I remember. The best was when they broke out a telestrator and basically started putting all these lines across the screen that looked like drunken etch-a-sketch.

If you're talking about this mess, the black line is a puck tracker, the yellow appears to be tracking players. It's about as stupid as the FOX glowing puck.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: Run the Jewels

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Isn't Jack usually drunk in the booth anyway? If so, this totally tracks. Seriously though, that looks awful.
I JUST watched the highlights and the lines make perfect sense. Really.

The only time I wouldn't mind the puck tracker dot thing is when it's hidden by the angle of the boards on the near side. Eff it everywhere else.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

The only time I wouldn't mind the puck tracker dot thing is when it's hidden by the angle of the boards on the near side. Eff it everywhere else.
It does show you how unpredictable a play can be. Basically every hockey play is an etch a sketch, lol.

But otherwise useless and distracting.

Reactions: Sentinel

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA

It looks like a two-year-old trying to draw the state of Texas.

I'd have to watch those highlights to see what that actually means, but taken in the form of a screenshot like that, it legit looks terrible.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
1. Husso was better than other guy
2. Veleno made first line better, biggest surprise for me. our first line was way better than Boston first.
3. Compher

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Such a satisfying win today by the boys today. Sick of seeing Boston winning. I love how their only 2 losses are from us. NHL is on notice.

Compher
Dcat
Husso

HM: Raymond

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
DeBrincat
Compher
Ghostbehere

SG Holl by a mile. Nobody comes close. Perron and Copp were bad too.
Copp had one good chance. Instead of shooting it straight away so that the goalie can't settle down or waiting to outweight the goalie, he makes it perfectly easy for the goalie. I couldn't believe it. So talentless.

2 big maybe even huge wins.

Scoring PP goals helps. 2/3 PP goals and it makes it possible/easy to win.

Reactions: Sentinel

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It looks like a two-year-old trying to draw the state of Texas.

I'd have to watch those highlights to see what that actually means, but taken in the form of a screenshot like that, it legit looks terrible.
It's a puck tracker. It's literally the path that the puck took to get there. You get squiggly lines anyone someone carries the puck, then a sharp angle when the puck is passed or shot. The line is a limited length, and fades away on the back end.

The screenshot I took was when Husso made the initial save, and after that DeBrusk hits Chiarot in the leg with it and eventually Boston scores.

Note: I'm just explaining what it is, by no ways am I defending it. It sucks.

Reactions: dj4aces

Juha

Feb 18, 2014
Finland
  1. First star . Compher. He had such a good, all around solid game. In fact I can't remember him ever having a bad game. I love his game. It is so great to have a solid second line center after all those (Holland free agent signings) disappointments (Weiss and Nielsen) of yesteryear. Compher is so good. I like how Yzerman improves the roster every year with these great free agent signings.
  2. Second star; Ray. I like how Razor shoots more and how he is more involved in the game. You can tell Razor has a lot untapped of talent.
  3. Third star; Mo. Seider made a lot of good plays during the game. But Mo needs to work on his shot. He needs to find away to get his shot trough the traffic in the PP. It often gets blocked, or it goes too high, or misses the net entirely. But never the less Mo played a very good game as well.

Spacegoat: Ras, I guess if I was forced to pick. Rasmussen has taken a step back. It is such a shame. I'm a Ras fan, and he showed so much promise the previous season. Makes me wonder if he is not still nursing an injury of some kind. Something is not right with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad