Not open for further replies.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
large.png
@
large.png

(18GP 12-6-0 | 2nd Pacific) (18GP 6-10-2 | 7th Pacific)

WHEN: Wednesday, November 19th, 5:00PM PST
WHERE: Rexall Place, Edmonton AB
TV: Sportsnet
RADIO: TSN 1040

Vancouver Canucks (unconfirmed)
8467875.jpg
-
8467876.jpg
-
8468085.jpg

8470274.jpg
-
8474009.jpg
-
8470358.jpg

8473574.jpg
-
8470755.jpg
-
8475178.jpg

8473432.jpg
-
8477500.jpg
-
8471498.jpg

8471303.jpg
-
8475690.jpg

8469465.jpg
-
8469598.jpg

8475598.jpg
-
8474134.jpg

8468011.jpg

8475663.jpg

Edmonton Oilers (unconfirmed):

Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Benoit Pouliot - Mark Arcobello - Nail Yakupov
David Perron - Leon Draisaitl - Teddy Purcell
Matt Hendricks - Boyd Gordon - Jesse Joensuu

Keith Aulie - Justin Schultz
Nikita Nikitin - Mark Fayne
Andrew Ference - Jeff Petry

Ben Scrivens
Viktor Fasth

Oilers Killers:
Henrik Sedin - 80GP, 17G, 59A, 76Pts
Daniel Sedin - 77GP, 35G, 39A, 74Pts
Ryan Miller - 10-0-0, 937SV%, 1.79 GAA, 1SO

Notes:
- Zack Kassian likely to return this game
- Bo Horvat likely to return to the line up, replacing Linden Vey
- Luca Sbisa (Lower Body) is questionable for this game.

Unleash the Kassian!!
iguWY1SUXrYwG.gif

Streams:

http://hockeyreality.com/stream.html
http://nutjob.net/hockey
http://www.ifeed2all.eu/type/ice-hockey.html
http://atdhe.ru/hockey
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/29-NHL-Icehockey

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Better not lose to the oilers after an embarrassing loss at home to the coyotes

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
I want to see some more oiler fans throwing their jersey on the ice and Dallas Eakins in the media. Please blow them out.

hockeywoot

Oct 29, 2010
China
Its crazy to think coming into this season how many people doubted/pannicked over Bonnino as our potential 2C.

Compare that to the Oilers who were fully prepared to have Arcobello as their 2C....

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
If someone like Hansen is on the pp over Kassian I'm gonna lose my ****

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
What is this, our 47th time playing the Oilers this calendar year? **** I'm sick of this garbage team.

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North
I just want a win. Ugly, blowout, easy... doesn't matter.

MUST. NOT. LOSE. TO. THE. CRAPTASTIC. OILERS.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If someone like Hansen is on the pp over Kassian I'm gonna lose my ****

It's going to happen. It's inevitable. Sigh.

I would really like to see Kassian tried out somewhere on the PP; I don't care if it's the second unit, but he needs to be out there. He's strong on the boards and he's a gifted playmaker.

Having time off to stew over the loss to Phoenix should - hopefully - give this team some motivation to come out hard.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
This one will be a fun one....

Nothing better than watching the Sedins vs the Oilers over the years...

In the first couple games vs them, Eakins has gone top line vs top line... I expect that to continue...

Draisaitl has been improving his footwork lately... learning to keep his feet moving. But will be interesting to watch the snail on snail battle that will be Draisaitl vs Bonino.

Anxiety levels feel high here after getting shellacked 5-zip by the yotes... should be expected. But that was the post-Cali let down game we should of been expecting for Ott... a game late.

Fully expecting the vsOtt-Sedins to show up again, and fully expecting the team to fall back into 'taking care of business' mode vs a team we're supposed to beat...

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
It's going to happen. It's inevitable. Sigh.

I would really like to see Kassian tried out somewhere on the PP; I don't care if it's the second unit, but he needs to be out there. He's strong on the boards and he's a gifted playmaker.

Having time off to stew over the loss to Phoenix should - hopefully - give this team some motivation to come out hard.

I really wish I knew what coaches have against Kassian. AV can be excused due to Kassian barely being NHL ready, but Torts and now Willie refuse to put him in a position to succeed. While having to prove yourself as merit, what exactly did Vey do to earn top billing on the powerplay? It just seems odd, especially as Kassian has not played poorly.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I agree that Kassian should be on either of the PP units. His game is better suited for the PP than the likes of Hansen/Burrows/Higgins. But from what's being reported, it looks like the Canucks are going back to a 3F, 2D unit on PP1 so Hansen likely won't be out there.

I'd still bump off one of Higgins or Burrows in favour of Kassian on the 2nd unit. They've produced on 5v5 but it hasn't translated to 5v4 play and from what I've seen it's mainly because Higgins and Burrows don't have the skill set to be as effective on the PP. Part of what makes them solid 5v5 players is how hard they work, forecheck, and cycle the puck. On the PP you need to have good puck control/stick-handling, patience with the puck, vision and creativity and that's not really their game.

Kassian and Bonino have more of that.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Four forwards on each PP.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata-Horvat and Elder.

Higgins-Bonino-Kassian-Burrows and Tanev/Bieksa/Hamhuis.

Go HAM and keep the hustle and effort on the PP. Seems like a win win.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Anyone have a link to the Bieksa gif against the Oilers...it's hard to describe since it looks like an in appropriate "act" being performed by the Oiler player on KB...lol.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Pretty sure the PP is S.S.V. Edler & Weber or at least that's what I've been reading on Twitter the last two days. I'm not sure I like it.

Edit: Spoke too soon I guess.

@patersonjeff Weber and Vey the extra pairing on D today. PP1 one day. Extra pair the next. #Canucks

Sbisa's back?

@HockeyAbbs#Canucks updates: Horvat still in middle, appears likely to play. Sbisa skates with Hamhuis, appears likely to play. Vey on D. #TSN1040

Last edited:

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
The personnel isn't the problem for the PP, the problem is the Sedins doing the same predictable thing over and over again.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
The personnel isn't the problem for the PP, the problem is the Sedins doing the same predictable thing over and over again.

agreed. the Sedins playing catch in the right corner doesn't work unless you have great point shots to open things up.

I would like to see them go back to the behind the net formation but with Bonino instead of Vey. have Bonino on the left side around the goal line waiting to roof the puck or move to the slot for one timer. or to just simply change things up by making plays from the left corner.

Imagine a PP that can make plays from both corners! :amazed:

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
The Ottawa game saw us as easily the better team, IMO. The Arizona game, though, was a flat out catastrophe.

I see Arizona as more of an anomaly. You could see after the first goal, Vancouver was pushing hard to answer, but being stifled by good defense/goaltending. After the second (should have been disallowed) goal, Arizona completely shut us down through mostly goon tactics and wrestling on ice such as pinning us to the boards anytime we had the puck (for a long period of time, 5-6 seconds at a time I'd say) and helped them prolong time enough to finish out a sloppy hockey game, but that is how you win your way through this league today. Legal slop for 50 minutes and trying to shut down the other team for 10 final minutes.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
so Horvat is likely going to play on the fourth line or will he get third line minutes? Better linemates equal better chances of goals

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Better beat this losers. Better be big starting to wonder whats goin on with are guys. 5-2 Nucks. Goals by Kass (2) Edler Vrbata and Bones

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This schedule is such a piece of ****. I had a mini vacation pretty much because of work slowage, and all the days I had off the canucks had 1 game.

/fakerage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad